1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Popovich Sees Leonard As Future Face Of Spurs

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Ming The King, Aug 31, 2012.

1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

posturing for trade...

2. Outlier

Outlier Member

The Spurs have had probably the fewest trade transactions out of all teams for the past 20 years. They barely treat their core players as assets.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Imagine if we had both Kawhi and Parsons.

4. jvu

jvu Member

butt... Butt.... Marcus Morris >>>>> leonard

5. jvu

jvu Member

Morey wanted a twin.. It was morey's PR technique

6. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Hmmm, that would be interesting to know. Somehow I think they may be in the lower rung but I doubt of they have the lowest. I'd suspect the Lakers and perhaps Boston would have lower number of traded players over the years.

It's not all in trade transactions. It's overall player turnover that is the real issue. And I think you'll find the Spurs have been at least league average on player turnover.

7. delishman

delishman Member

He benefited a ton by playing on a great team. Defenses did not gear in on him at all.

Thinkin' rich man's Trevor Ariza.

Could sneak in as an All-Star reserve once .. if he maxes out his potential.

8. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Parsons still gives me hope in Morey

i was one of the few saying that Kawhi would be a nice player, glad to have Chandler Bang though

Parsons and Leonard gonna battle it out in Texas for the next 7-8 years

9. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

One of the few? Kawhi is exactly the kind of player clutchfans go crazy over. Slightly raw, exceptionally athletic, and has high upside. There were several clutchfans drooling when he wasn't picked at #13