1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pope Benedict alleged to resign due to massive homosexual network within Vatican

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Northside Storm, Feb 21, 2013.

1. Northside Storm

Northside Storm Contributing Member

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/feb/21/pope-retired-amid-gay-bishop-blackmail-inquiry

A potentially explosive report has linked the resignation of Pope Benedict XVI to the discovery of a network of gay prelates in the Vatican, some of whom – the report said – were being blackmailed by outsiders.

The pope's spokesman declined to confirm or deny the report, which was carried by the Italian daily newspaper La Repubblica.

a torrent of lies around the Vatican.

On the plus side, maybe this is the revelation that will finally get the Church to move beyond its' extremely regressive attitude towards sexuality.

2. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

While I find the source and evidence dubious, I would be completely not surprised were this true.

In fact, I think it highly likely.

3. Northside Storm

I mean, they are both center-left newspapers, but both the Guardian and La Repubblica do have quite a bit of rep to lose if this turns out to be false. I lean towards believing the allegations. The Vatican has been caught covering up child abuse, and laundering money. This isn't that far a step away from that.

4. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Christian bashing never goes out of favor among the lefties

5. Northside Storm

really, it's the average Catholic that should be bashing. Is this the Church they want to represent their beliefs?

6. bigtexxx

I'm not Catholic.

And yeah us Protestants have thought the Catholic church has been messed up since the early 1500s. Ever heard of Martin Luther?

7. Northside Storm

If you looked closely, I did not address that point to you, I addressed it to the average Catholic.

Perhaps there needs to be another Martin Luther. Surely, you must agree with me on this point. Especially as you have a visceral reaction with regards to homosexuality (for no good reason, though, it must be added).

8. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Totally agree. Actually, it's far less "naughty". Which makes it REALLY believable. I'm just saying that I'm not willing to buy the articles as "irrefutable proof".

Also - put texxx on ignore. It's a waste of time.

9. bigtexxx

After years of getting dominated by me, finally you surrender. Probably good for your mental health.

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

That's certainly the case in our house.

11. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

12. dback816

dback816 Member

Remind me again why we have this whole controversy with homosexuality and the Catholic church?

Are there just a lot of gay priests or are priests just trying to get around the vows of celibacy they took? If it's the latter, it still makes no bloody sense.

13. Nextup

Nextup Member

How much more sense can it possibly make. Think about who is more likely to take a vow of celibacy, a heterosexual man who can live a normal life without anybody taking issue with his sexuality or a homosexual man who's sexuality can potentially cause them to suffer discrimination and in many cases being practically disowned from their families?
    Celibacy is insane their aren't many straight men who would ever do that. The majority of priests are gay.

14. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

what will we do without religion?

OH NO!

:rolleyes:

15. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

If there are these kind of problems in the hierarchy of the Church, it isn't bashing.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

1 person likes this.
  17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Admit it now for all to see: you also pay for the "promote" feature on Facebook.

1 person likes this.
  18. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

I'd probably hit the microfiche and audit the last 3 or 4 years Italian news articles about homosexuality before taking any of this seriously. The fact that we so readily gravitate towards this is probably a bit telling as well.

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I've spent thousands of dollars so far... :eek:

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I lived in Italy for four years. Believe me, left-of-center or not, La Repubblica (pretty good newspaper, by the way; but, then again, I'm left-of-center) would have its facts pretty straight (no pun intended, but there it is) before printing this. No one wants to fight the Vatican's lawyers without serious ammunition.

Granted, the more conservative the news source, the less likely such a news story appears. O Globo, Brazil's major TV network, won't touch these stories, except maybe to strongly refute them, even without evidence to back them up.

The Roman Catholic Church is Don Quixote dying inside his armor, but as an institution it's too ingrained for some passersby to just kill him off with a rock to the head.

As Pope Benedict XVI finally said, "F*** it, guys, I'm 85 years old. First the pedophiles, now this. I'm outta here. Where's my fancy new apartment? Where's my satelite dish? What channel is 'Friends' on? NO PHONE CALLS!"