1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poor Lin Only Fans (LOF’s)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 21, 2013.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clutch city rules all

2. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You are entitled to your opinion. You're not entitled to impose it on everyone else. Just let it rest.

3. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Agreed - some of the responses to Lin fans have been really offensive.

4. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

Accused of being selfish? Which ball-dominant star haven't been? Kobe? Melo?

Hard to root for/"evil" - I didn't read that thread but Lin probably brought in same new fans who are not used to the NBA culture. This is more a reflection on some fans lack of comfort with the NBA than anything else.

Complaining that Harden is hard to root for is now worse than directly rooting against Lin? So many times I've read posts saying Lin should be moved regardless of how he plays because of his fandom. I guess those players are rooting for Lin.

5. tinman

Supporting Member

Newb I don't care if you like what I say or not.

I'm speaking the truth. None of the loFs here saw the movie and they hate that a rockets only fan did and told his movie review

Don't blame me if loFs dont go to film festivals

6. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

It's your word against their words. Why are you so motivated to prove them wrong?

I plan on seeing the film but it haven't made it to my city yet. I'll make my own call when I watch it but trust me, your posts will have no influence on how I like it.

7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

We have a lot of people who complain about every coach, or liked the way we played under JVG (I'm not sure which is worse)

8. tinman

Supporting Member

Then don't read my posts, go read some lof review then.

If you find it offensive that I thought the benji Wilson 30 for 30 was better then boo hoo.

How you like it?

So you automatically like it without seeing it?

Its going through a film festival circuit. You know what film festivals are ?

9. BallWiz

BallWiz Member

J has improved alot he's very calm with the ball even at fast pace love his vision altho his handles are avg starting PG his drive to be better every game makes up for it.

So far J has been a solid legit starter props to him and the team.

10. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Nice post! Herd/mob mentality, grossly over-generalizing, manufactured facts, wolf-in-sheep's-skin, even more disturbing than true hate threads.

11. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

I didn't say I disagree with you. I just find it unnecessary for you to bludgeon everyone with it. Why don't you let everyone come to their own conclusions.

12. tinman

Supporting Member

I wish I that had much power if I could tell some suckers to wash my car and they do it because of a message board then I would have professor x powers.

13. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Lin dominates the thoughts of you all.

14. RoxOn RoxOff

RoxOn RoxOff Member

You don't... But it's just provocative, like other evangelical Lin and anit-Lin posts. It just creates pages upon pages of unnecessary fluff. Anyways, do what you will.

[​IMG]

15. tinman

Supporting Member

I posted a thread about the movie premiere with pictures, videos, and thoughts. I even asked him a question and told off Knicks fans.

What did you do for this board ?

And if you don't like my posts then why reply ?

16. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks op. this thread is real.

17. SeabrookMiglla

im willing to take a strong bet that jeremy lin comes on to this website and laughs at all of our arguments lol

18. TJ VS TR

TJ VS TR Member

Exactly, troll thread with gross exaggerations, truly idiotic, especially:

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Please do realize that people complaint that D'Antoni ran Lin to the ground by playing him too many minutes.

And:

Lin is mainly characterized by his passing ability not shot making ability.

Truly moronic to voluntarily project your weakness into high relief, bringing along a herd of followers.

19. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Oh please you are not even trying to be remotely objective.

Do you really think there are a lot of people here who would root against Lin? Are you this naive? This team accepted Yao, and Yao is regarded as a legend amongst Rocket fans, so his ethnicity should not be a question. So what exact reason do any Rocket fan here have to root against Jeremy Lin?

For that matter, how many people do you think actually bother to sign up to clutchfans just to hate on Jeremy Lin. You think there are a few hundred people with that much time on their hands?

Now let's switch over to Harden. A ton of Jeremy Lin fans dislike James Harden, for many selfish reasons, too many for me to name. James Harden receives far more unwarranted criticism than Jeremy Lin. He gets called selfish because he plays a ball dominant role, he gets called selfish because Jeremy Lin doesn't get the ball as much as him.

How many people here questioned Jeremy Lin's life style? How many people here claimed Jeremy Lin is statpadding?

A ton of Harden's criticism isn't just criticizing his game, it's directly attacking his character, based on literally little to no evidence. Somebody who claims Harden is a statpadder is far more annoying to me than somebody who claims Jeremy Lin will never be an all-star.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

Fellow clutchfan who knows why clutchfans was started,
    This guy found offense that I said the Lin movie was not good as hoop dreams, even though I saw the movie and he didn't.

I like your post. It's real. You can feel it.