1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poor Lin Only Fans (LOF’s)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Apr 21, 2013.

1. Karolik

Karolik Member

I think LOFS and Rockets Fans alike can agree that there are better coaches out there.

2. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

Zzzzzz. 1 star thread. Trolling masquerading as commentary.
    Of course lin isn't a finished product and of course he isn't one of the top point guards yet. No kidding. But he is very effective when used correctly. Which he hasn't been for most of the year.
    That being said, go Rockets!

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

So you think a team with multiple hall of fame players can't overcome bad coaching but a team full of rookies, 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players can?

4. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

i think a team full of rookies, 1st, 2nd and 3rd year players can overcome bad coaching

5. rocketsfan4

rocketsfan4 Member

This is true, but I wonder if some of this **** is being started by trolls pretending to be Lin fans (or trying to get people to hate Lin/Lin fans).

6. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

It's funny that Steve Nash, Kobe Bryant, Pau Gadol and Dwight Howard could not. Does that make sense? It doesn't to me.

7. RocketPowerNick

Amazing thread. Bravo.

1 person likes this.
  8. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

that's because you think that superstars automatically make great team mates and coaches.

i would much rather coach a team of young players eager and ready to perform to gain minutes and trusts then a bunch of superstars thinking only of themselves.

9. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

besides, even if you think Dantoni is an awful coach, even the great Nash isn't able to control D12, Kobe and Gasol

10. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

This.

11. 2ndchance

2ndchance Member

This may be true - I haven't read all the threads. What is disturbing though is the racist innuendo aimed at Lin and Lin fans. Especially towards those that do not have full mastery of English.

Comparing which player has received more hate is ridiculous but this crosses a boundary that should never be even remotely approached.

Messed up s***

12. TheJet

TheJet Member

Troll or not, this guy is actual proof for the OP. Frustrating for them, indeed.

13. The RavenEffect

Harden is a 23 year old superstar, Lin is streaky but shows flashes of brilliance, and Parsons is solid as Hell. Personally, I think Lin, Parsons, and Asik will also be all stars at one point.

We have a ridiculously good, likeable, and young core. Why do we bicker so much?

Let's just focus on smashing the Thunder.

14. SeabrookMiglla

Anytime i see someone use the name "McFail" makes me automatically want to not read that comment. it really has pissed me off having to skim through 2 pages of flaming. i think i might for once start ignoring people because some of these criticism's of "McFail" are just ridiculous/trolling like. and then like ten more people will hop in on the McFail hate orgy and pretty much blame McFail for anything and everything.

"McFail did:(X) and this is why we lost the game, stupid McFail!"

You know what, I like "McFail". Do I think that there are some questionable decisions he has made, yeah. But every coach does some questionable calls, nobody is perfect. There were nights when Adelman made decisions, and people were calling for his head. I was like really, this guy has coached over a thousand basketball games. McFail's has been around basketball his whole life and is with the rockets almost every day, I would assume he knows something we dont.

McFail has McCceeded in getting us into the McPlayoffs despite the irrational McHate for McFail.

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And tell the loFs that the Lin movie was good but it's not as good as hoop dreams or that Benji Wilson 30 for 30.
    The best thing that could happen for the Lin movie is a 30 for 30. It's not like people are going to line up like its the dark knight rises or man of steel.
    It's not life changing no matter what lof twitters say.

16. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I think one thing we need to be more understanding is that Lin brought in fans don't have a lot of basketball backgrounds into this forum. It is a good thing, but at the same time, some of these LOFs who are just beginning to learn the game and understand the system are commenting base of what they know and what they think they understand how the system works. For instance, we have guys think Lin avg 32 min isn't enough as starting PG because McHale doesn't trust/play him enough. We also have the fan starting the thread about Lin's mouth guard. I think these all indicate their knowledge in basketball is still raw, just give them more time. They are just rookies, and they are learning. Help them learn instead of starting wars with them. They may be biased to Lin, but mostly due to a limited understanding of basketball in general. They are learning basketball through Lin who they assume has no flaw until they build more and more basketball knowledge and begin to see Lin's limitation, then they will understand and start appreciating Lin's progress. But for now, let them learn, give it time.

17. SeabrookMiglla

I have noticed that a lot of the new members who came here for lin or harden have started becoming more interested with the Rockets team as a whole. instead of just commenting on Lin and Harden and who is better etc. For a time at the beginning of the season, every thread would turn into the same topic of Lin and Harden- even if the thread had nothing to do with those two players. I think now since we have made the playoffs we will see a lot of mud slinging going around, but people need to remember that this team is still very raw and will be lucky to get to game 6. OKC is very tough.

18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There's no problem with LOF's liking Lin and only Lin. If that's who you wanna root for, then so be it.

It's the lack of objectivity that annoys me. There's plenty of LOF's with objectivity, but there's plenty that have none, and it leads to ridiculous posting.

19. norcalhussla

norcalhussla Member

LOF dont bother me at all. just ignore their posts. LOFH tho I hate them cuz they get their jimmys russled and attack Lin for no reason. its sad. plus theres alot of the fake LOF running around.

20. xclearscreen

xclearscreen Rookie

just deal with it. Lin is a popular dude so obviously there's gonna be a lot of talk about him from both sides. besides, look at how many new players we have this year. don't tell me "true rockets fans" whatever that means, knows all about these new players before LOFs or HOFs or AOFs or DOFs or ROFs or RoyceOFs, or virtually every player on the team. silly tread whining about whining.