1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[poo hits fan]Agreement from the hard Left and Right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Invisible Fan, May 18, 2005.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

I certainly believe elected officials have agendas.

I am not sure where I am going to end up on the list.

2. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i have to agree. personally, i find people who don't believe most politicians have a personal agenda to be naive and sometimes ignorant.

power corrupts; you couldn't find a civilization throughout history in which some of its leaders didn't abuse/manipulate their power for personal gains. why would ours be any different? the biggest problem with democracies is that our elected leaders focus on what their constituents demand, and in recent years those demnds have been grossly short-sighted.

what disturbs me the most about this administration is their inability/unwillingness to ignore specialized interests and do what is right for the nation, the American people as a whole. i can understand when a representative or even a senator does what his particular constituents want, but the president should have the foresight to keep the country on the right track. instead, this president is promoting things like tax cuts, gay-marriages, and "homeland security" issues that all satisfy the "me now" mindset of this country.

we've been hearing pretty grim economic forecasts from a myraid of sources, but how many times has anyone in this adminstration addressed this pressing issue? massive tax cuts and vast government overspending indicate a comlpete disregard for this country's wellbeing, IMO. it's like this administration (and most politicians across the board) are simply trying to satisfy their own agendas.

i'll bet dollar-to-donuts that we'll be playing second fiddle to China w/in 20 years.