1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

poll: your biggest concern for the playoff success?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by deshen, Apr 10, 2019.

?

What is your biggest concern for successful playoffs

1. Injury bug

5 vote(s)
    7.7%
  2. Coaching

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Need more mid-range jumpers

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  4. Defense

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  5. James Harden

8 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. Chris Paul

4 vote(s)
    6.2%
  7. Role players

7 vote(s)
    10.8%
  8. Rosters are too small

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Three-point shots not falling

30 vote(s)
    46.2%
  1. igotwhipscollectingdust

Too many to count.

Chris Paul: is he going to be 2018-2019 regular season CP3 or are is he going to take it to another level? We need him to be similar to what he was last year and I’m not convinced he still has that in him.

James Harden: this is the year he changes the narrative. He needs to replicate his season this year in the playoffs. I don’t want to see any dip in production or efficiency. His stepback has to fall. He’s had to carry enormous burden all year but he’s proven he can do it successfully. Nothing should change in the playoffs.

Eric Gordon: he has to be better. He has to play like an all-star scorer in the playoffs. His shot creation is tantamount for our success.

Three point shots falling: honestly, I don’t trust the likes of Tucker, Rivers, House, Shumpert and even Green (though he can catch fire occasionally) to make threes consistently. I can see us losing games because of a cold shooting night and I don’t really see MDA making any adjustments if that is the case.

RichieBanks, mario_v and J.R. like this.
  2. macan

macan Member

CP's hammy.
    we need both CP and Harden healthy in order to beat this worriers team

3. Swish4fives

Swish4fives Member

I just don't think i can bear another season where we start clicking and playing well then a key player goes down at the wrong time. Feels like its been every good team we've had since Hakeem retired. Win or lose I just want to find out what the boys are made of. Here's to an injury free run!

4. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

1. The refs
    2. 3's not falling
    3. Short rotations

Rockets4lf likes this.
  5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rebounding.

hakeem94 and BaselineFade like this.
  6. hibbetts

hibbetts Member

I was hoping that there as a choice regarding rebounding (check out last nights stats). I like Capela but, we need a true big man rebounder / enforcer. This I feel is our Achilles heel!

7. superfob

superfob Mommy WOW! I'm a Big Kid now.

Rebounding, which kinda falls under defense and players are too small.

8. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rebounding, 3's not falling, not using Clint enough offensively, choking under pressure, CP3 not staying healthy, our bench players' lack of play making and rebounding, CP3 not handling the ball more, guys who are hot from the 3 not getting the ball in their hands enough, and guys who are not taking way too many, the lack of guys who actually can drive in and make a layup, and how little we run a fast break with this beefy bunch.

9. caneks

caneks Rookie

1. Injury bug
      It is a concern, but not something we can control.
    2. Coaching
      yes, I believe this is the key unless players don't listen, which I do not believe it would happen. Players will be excited and everyone is willing to play defense in this big stage. It is up to coaches to make proper in-game adjustments, change lineups, call time-outs, administrate player minutes, advise players when changes are needed in games, make strategy plan for each game as a team.
    3. Need more mid-range jumpers
      yes, when the 3 point shots are off and defenders are stacked in the paint. It really depends on how every opponent team plays
    4. Defense
      Every team will intensify their defense, including this team.it also depends on how coaches plan the defense strategy.
    5. Rosters are too small
      This could cause a lot of potential problems, losing rebounds is one of them
    6. Three-point shots not falling
      I expect the 3point shots won't be as efficient as in regular season, but will still be in 30s%. It will be coaches and players to make game adjustments when the 3pt% is extremely low.

10. watashi315

watashi315 Member

3s will not fall every game. Book it! Even GSW don't shoot 3s like that. So if your 3s are not falling, where else are you going to generate offense? Better start working on those midrange jumpers or we're not going to make it out of the playoffs.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. solid

solid Contributing Member

Harden has a history of "fading" during playoffs for several reasons. That is a legit concern. I don't trust our role players. Gordon is wildly inconsistent. CP3 MUST stay healthy. We are undersized and most teams we play will be bigger. When we aren't hitting threes, we don't adjust by moving in or driving. We have no concept how to HOLD a lead. We know out to BUILD a lead, we just don't know how to HOLD a lead.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I'll accept a slight dip for Harden when you compare him to regular season averages because those regular season averages include him playing the Suns and Knicks. Now he's playing against all good to great teams. So I expect a hit to efficiency. He still needs to maintain at least around 59% ts and still provide a consistent 30 pt effort and not have 8+ turnover games.

#32 fchowd0311, Apr 10, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

1- injuries
    2- missing 27 consecutive 3’s
    3- Foster Bros

14. deshen

deshen Member

a lot of people think that coaching was the reason that we are watching other teams now. yet we have only 2 votes for it.
    Half of the voters were concerned about on 3 pointers not falling, and it apparently was not the main reason for the ending of this season.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's on them to prove themselves year after year.

No hard feelings......jk......there are hard feelings.

Everyone is talented yet so flawed, yet so entitled.

I am concerned every year that they waste their contender status.

16. smoothie_king

smoothie_king Member

The rockets went to ***** after ramandon, far"weed" became trash.

Rivers fakes injuries by laying out on the floor, and his father is no longer coaching.

.someone need tell him doc rivers can't fight the refs for foul calls.

#36 smoothie_king, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019