1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Why Do You Post in the D&D?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Brando2101, Jun 5, 2017.

?

Why Do You Post in the D&D?

1. It's important to me to express my opinion

16.7%
  2. I believe I can affect change with my posts

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I believe I can change the opinions of others

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I want to read counter arguments to see if I should change my opinions

50.0%
  5. I enjoy a debate about issues

50.0%
  6. I want to see the perspectives and reasonings of other people

58.3%
  7. I want to specifically see the perspectives and reasonings of the people I don't agree with

25.0%
  8. I enjoy finding others who share my same beliefs

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. I like seeing other people riled up

33.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

Yo, a lot of time and effort is spent posting on issues in the D+D. What is your personal motivation? Sorry if I miss a big reason in the poll.

2. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I don't vote in visible polls. But, I'll tell you. Writing out my arguments for my views of the questions of the day help me to work out what I think and why I think it. I'm interested in perspectives of others especially in areas where my mind really isn't made up. It is also generally educational by providing some personal anecdotes of support for things that I think are totally crazy. But even where my mind is made up, objections help to sharpen my thinking by making me write out my arguments.

3. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

It is interesting, you learn about many things, I can bet if you read the D&D, you are a much better informed than watching any news channels out there. It is also good to see the reasoning, I do not mind people having different points of views are long as it is supported by facts and logic, there is no perfect 100% correct views on most of debatable topics.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

to fling poop at people

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

This is a left dominated board so for me one of the primary reasons is that "I want to specifically see the perspectives and reasonings of the people I don't agree with". I know that most people here have a world perspective that I don't share and honestly most people I associate with don't share. Basically this is one of the only ways I hear that spin and propaganda and I think it's interesting to know what other people are saying to justify their position on issues.

I think if it was a libertarian dominated board, or a right leaning board, I would be less interested in it because odds are I'd find myself agreeing most of the time with what was being said and I'm not a big fan of circle jerks.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Where is the option for "I am jobless, living on welfare in my mum's basement with nothing to do"

Applies to RocketsLegend......

7. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Since I am a de hard Rocket fan this was the first online forum I ever had an association with. There is a fairly good distribution of political beliefs. I find it interesting to see the political opinions of folks I don't run with. I almost never discuss politics with Trump bots in real life.. Also contented moderate types who seem to have gone into hiding on this bbs, since their heroine Hillary blew it, usually get real testy quick if you try to engage them in political conversation in real life.

8. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I want people to really, really, really like me.

And because everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Especially as I am able to coalesce the vapors of human existence into a viable and logical comprehension that benefits all.