1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Who would you vote for?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Dec 20, 2007.

Tags:
?

If the 2008 featured these choices, which ticket would you support?

1. McCain/Lieberman

39 vote(s)
    39.4%
  2. Hillary/Richardson

40 vote(s)
    40.4%
  3. Bloomberg/Hagel

20 vote(s)
    20.2%
  1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the 2008 tickets looked like this, who would you vote for?

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

If those were the choices, I'd vote for the Libertarian Party nominee.

3. basso

Supporting Member

McCain/Lieberman makes a lot of sense, given McCain's "maverick" status, and Lieberman is well respected by many republicans for his stance on the war.

Bloomberg and Hagel are looking at a joint bid. i don't think Hagel has much support left in the republican party, and i'm not sure about Bloombergs appeal to most republicans (i basically like him as NYC mayor, but there's another ex-mayor i'd reather vote for).

If Hillary wins the nomination, she'll need some way to appeal to western/southern voters- Richardson seems like a likely, solid, and non-controversial choice.

4. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

I'd probably stay at home if those were my choices.

5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

are those chicken wings?

6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

For me, this features two radioactive choices and one bad choice.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

Two polls out in the last week show Rudy in free fall.

Like his senate bid, he'll use his health to drop out of the race after he gets his ass handed to him on super Tuesday.

I read that Daily News story on Bloomberg and Hagel. I was intrigued

8. basso

Supporting Member

i agree, it is intriguing, but, depending on who the other candidates are, i have trouble envisioning voting for them. i'd vote for Rudy, McCain, Romney, or Fred before Bloomberg, and i'd probably vote for obama before him as well. on the other hand, i'd support Bloomberg long before i'd vote for Hillary.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'll vote for whoever is on the Democratic ticket. If you were on that ticket, basso, you'd get my vote. :)

Happy Holidays!

Impeach Bush for being an Idiot!

10. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I wish that was the choices because McCain is the only republican I could stomach if a democrat didn't win. At least he would level with the country about what needs to be done.

11. basso

Supporting Member

Just confirms what i've long suspected

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That I would vote for a dogcatcher over the GOP nominee? Glad you figured that out!

Impeach Bush for being an Idiot!

13. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Party loyalty only goes so far.

14. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

If Ron Paul actually got the GOP nominee, then I would actually vote for a Republican in 2008.

Don't be so blind as to think that some of the Democratic hopefuls are any better then what the GOP has to offer.

15. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think I could vote for Hillary under any circumstance. I used to think that maybe I could, but the way she's run this campaign, and her votes both on the Iraq war and the Iran resolution where she showed she hasn't learned from her mistake, I think voting for Hillary would be very similar to another 4 years of Bush Jr.

I will never support that. Her health care policies won't be as bad, and her ideas on taxes won't be as bad. Outside of that the corruption, sleaziness, division, warmongering all seem likely to continue.

Lieberman has almost zero support left in the democratic party, and won't help McCain win at all. McCain has sold out, and he was never my favorite to begin with.

That leaves me with Bloomberg, and Hagel.

16. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I'm not there yet, but the door is closing fast.

Being one of my senators, I was mad as hell about her war vote in 2002 and I swore I wouldn't vote for her again (told her as much). But at the beginning of the campaign I thought that I might be able to hold my nose and vote for her if she won the nomination. But now I just don't think I could do it! Not after the way she’s handled her campaign.

17. Achilleus

Achilleus Member

Bloomberg shouldn't be on a national "ticket." Hagel should...

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Put down the Kool-Aid, FB. You have to be kidding! I don't care if you vote for the local dogcatcher, but with all due respect, that statement is way off base. Remembering that I'm not a Hillary Clinton supporter, and made that clear back when she was floating the smallest of trial balloons, do you honestly believe the 8 years of Bill Clinton were remotely like the going on 8 years of selected and then elected George W. Bush?

You are a perfect example of why I'm against Clinton getting the nomination... irrational reactions from otherwise intelligent voters. It's politics. If you want sweetness and light, go see a Disney production on Broadway! ;)

Trim Bush!

19. Saint Louis

Saint Louis Member

Sorry, but I too refuse to vote for Hillary. I'm not voting for anymore Clinton's or Bush's to go to the White House. It's like two freaking competing royal families. I'm also not voting for anymore former govenors from Arkansas.

To me at this point, the Democratic party is as dissappointing as the Republicans. The Republicans are the bad cop, the Democrats are the good cop, but in the end they are all cops working together to screw the American people.

20. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Get rid of the system where winner takes all the votes in each state (one vote per person would be great, every vote should count equally.) and you will have third and fourth parties instead of just Democrats and Republicans. But it will be a freezing day in hell when that happens.