1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll]What must Trump do to earn your vote?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by RocketsLegend, Jul 30, 2016.

Tags:
?

What must Trump do?

1. Change foreign policy

16.9%
  2. Change economic policy

15.5%
  3. Change immigration policy

15.5%
  4. Act more presidential

19.7%
  5. At this point nothing will

90.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

What are you basing your assertion on?

Here is EU view. It's not even close over there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This. He's just mentally unstable. A special kind of crazy driven by the need to protect his enormous ego and image at any cost.

3. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

First good point you have ever made.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I don't think a lot of people over here fully comprehend how far to the right the US is compared to Western Europe and Scandinavia. The Bernie wing wouldn't be considered extreme leftists in any of those countries.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

We aren't that far to the right compared to Western Europe and Scandinavia.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

ISIS is not the JV team, Trump is - and that's why he is more scary.

7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Why don't you look at that? Actual empirical evidence while Space Ghost is twiddling his thumbs.

Space Ghost, I know how much you trust your 'gut', but any counter?

8. PhiSlammaJamma

His only chance is to become the lesser of two anvils.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

To be very honest, I'd rather vote for a dead guy than Donald Trump. And I think more and more people are starting to agree. Too bad the RNC didn't bypass Trump and nominate Reagan...

10. AB

AB Contributing Member

France is locked down.. so you are voting Trump!!!!!How are these both related ???

If there was any sarcasm, I missed it

11. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Sorry to disappoint you:

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Don't troll me with the 'gut' nonsense. I never said anything remotely close to this.

There is no argument on whether Europe prefers Hillary over Trump and that was never the comment. I am not sure what your 'empirical evidence' is trying to prove. Something we all know already? :confused:

Here is your homework for today:
    Find a poll that is not 4 months out of date (ie: A poll after her nosedive, not before)
    Find one that is objectively based on her individual likability and respect of the DNC's choice, not an 'either/or' against someone who is the laughing stock of Europe.

Here is something a little more objective than spelling out a four month poll that was obvious.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politics/pew-poll-obama-trump-clinton/

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Unfortunately for you, you are not subtle at all in moving goal posts. It's pretty obvious. Your initial assertion was a direct reference to the "rest of the world".

Hence your perception of what most first world nations think of Hillary is from, like I said before, from your 'gut'.

14. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

From the cited Pew poll:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

If I see more quality ****posting and dank memes here and around the internet I will definitely be changing my vote to Trump.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Space Ghost thinks Hillary is as bad as Trump while the entire world disagrees with him outside the Tea Party.

Space Ghost has gone full Glenn Beck. Never go full Glenn Beck.

[​IMG]

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

The entire world is ignorant about our politics. They actually think obama was a good president. That's all you need to know.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Even if Trump's policies were different I would have a very hard time supporting him. I agree with some of the other posters that Trump has previously expressed liberal leanings and I wouldn't be so certain how conservative a Trump Admin. will actually be. The problem with Trump is that he is really only about himself. Granted every President has an outsized ego but Trump takes it much further. From Trump's history it is very clear that his interest have always been self-aggrandizement and he has viciously gone after those who don't buy into that. I see no reason that Trump's presidency wouldn't be the same and be far closer to what we see in Putin's Russia than any other US presidency. Where the strength of the state is personally tied up in the image of the individual leading it.

I never felt that Romney or McCain were that way and both of them seemed like men who while also having big egos understood that the Presidency was much more about service to the country than about self-aggrandizement. I just happened to think Obama was better on policy grounds. I certainly don't get the same feeling from Trump.

19. bongman

bongman Member

Let us get this straight. You create a thread to poll what people think of your boy and then it was expanded by somebody showing what the world thinks of him. Both polls show your boy scores very low. What was the purpose of the polling then if you don't want to believe the results?

What we know is facts don't matter to you even if you were the one collecting the data. You are indeed a legend (in your own mind)

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Do you ever stop and consider that you might be the one who is ignorant?

of course not, ignorant people never question what they think. That's why they are ignorant.