1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] To see how Cfans feel about Asik

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by joesr, Jul 30, 2013.

?

To stay or go, Asik is the question....

1. [Stay] I love Asik, keep him RED!!

280 vote(s)
    59.2%
  2. [Trade] I love Asik but it is better for the team....

178 vote(s)
    37.6%
  3. [Trade] Asik who? We got Dh muthafricking 12!!

15 vote(s)
    3.2%
  1. joesr

joesr Member

I am not asking what you think might happen based on rumors. Nor am I asking you to predict a wizard move which simply can't happen anyway. Not asking for your input based on salary.

I just want to see where the majority of Cfans stand when it comes to Asik. Many of us fell in love with his rebounding and clogging the defensive side of the paint the way Ming did back in the day. Many of us believe that he still has huge potential and isn't even near his peak. Regardless, with the new DH12 acquisition, how many of you changed your minds?

So simply put, what do YOU want out of Asik?

-> Stay, starting him alongside DH12 somehow and giving him his starting minutes???
    -> Trade for only what you think is the right piece???
    -> Trade for anything, we don't need his bootie anymore!!!

2. Jimmy Chitwood

why didn't you just literally make a poll?

3. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Uh... Why don't you put up an actual poll? It may help with keeping track of the votes... And I think Asik will be a great backup center until the trade deadline.

4. joesr

joesr Member

I don't know if there is a way to post poll with thread at same time? I know the thread starts while writing the poll questions. Can you write the questions in the poll before submitting?

5. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Loved him in Fast Times at Ridgemont High... Oscar-worthy performance, in my book.

1 person likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Trade for only what you think is the right piece???

7. joesr

joesr Member

I put that because I did not want this thread turning into who is the right piece so I left it like that to it open and stay on topic.

If you feel a right piece is another superstar or a certain position or whatever, it is what it is and I prefer to keep this thread about your love or no love for our 7 foot Turkish center.

8. fattz

fattz Member

hold on to him till the right player is available --> trade him for the betterment of the team.

9. joesr

joesr Member

My feeling is if he wants to stay a starter and play starter minutes then lets do it. He deserves it. We would suck with mid range shooting but our defense would make up for it.

I wouldn't care who plays the 4 or 5, just rebound, put backs and block da hell out of everything in the paint.

10. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

We need Asik around as insurance for Dwight. as you know, Dho is sort of crazy and you never know with him

11. Rockets590

Rockets590 Rookie

Sad to see that he will probably be traded. Loved him last season and is really a top center. I understand why he wants to leave. He has made himself a top 10 center(maybe even higher) and deserves to be a starter on a team.

12. newAge_Rockets

He wants to leave, but we are not letting him leave at least until the all star break. It's not like he's getting paid any less. Go help the team that had enough faith to give you a lucrative contract win some ball games.

13. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

He is one of the most coveted centers as of now, and teams are probably already blowing up Morey with offers, so expect him to be gone as early as preseason

14. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

I'd trade him if we can get an upper echelon PF. If not, keep him. Simple.

15. Benchwarmer

Benchwarmer Member

If Omer can develop a reliable mid-range jumper, or strengthen his post up game, he will be a top 5 center. He's already a good low post and help defender.

16. Yang_Wenli

Yang_Wenli Member

I want to keep him, but he doesn't seem to be keen on staying.

17. Raven

Raven Member

As I've said before, there will be no fire sale. That's not how Morey rolls.

18. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

Dwight's the man in the middle. Parting ways with Asik will only emphasize this point and leave no doubt in Dwight's mind. Asik presents a potential distraction. Someone's going to bite. This is a center-hungry league and Asik looks better and better as each day passes. It's inevitable.

19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Keep asik

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Asik stays, championship follows.