1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Revisiting the Melton trade (I no longer call it the Ryno trade)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by heypartner, Dec 22, 2018.

?

(Re-Vote): As of today, Do you like the Melton+Ryan for Knight+Chriss trade

1. Yes

32 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. No

112 vote(s)
    77.8%
  1. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Jeremy hates Anderson? :eek:

2. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Good trade then, good trade now. Everyone wanted us to shed Ryno’s salary. Knight is owed $5m less and has more potential. Melton is an afterthought; he would not be a difference maker to our success this year. Astounded that people think it was a bad trade

BigShasta and Rocket River like this.
  3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Still need a year to decide

Rocket River

4. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I like Knight better than MCW

Rocket River

5. BigBum

BigBum Member

Payroll
    Anderson = 35 million
    Knight + Chriss = 35 million

you still think Anderson is 41 million dollars?

6. MC31B

MC31B Member

Nobody seems to be mentioning that melton can't shoot. He is playing good defense while shooting badly just like shaquille harrison before him in Phoenix and just like MCW is doing with us now. Some of you guys are really grasping at straws here. We could probably get similar production from the RGV starting pg right now.

I don't think knight is going to do much this year. However he is known as a mediocre passer, bad defender and was once fairly good at isos. In other words, he is a wet dream for morey and pringles if he can get any of his old form back. Still a good trade.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  7. BigBum

BigBum Member

Fair.
    Knight won't be ready this season.

MC31B likes this.
  8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

this site is the queen of hindsight

Rocket River
    should we revisit letting Livingston go?

Deckard and HP3 like this.
  9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

It all depends on what Morey does with Knight and Chriss’ contracts but yeah ... right now it looks like we got nothing back for two decent role players. One of which looks like has a nice future in the league.

So hard to tell now. As of today I’d still do the trade. Just have to wait and see though.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I searched this thread for a post from @Zboy.

I found none.

HP3 likes this.
  11. bmelo

bmelo Member

2 playable players vs 2 unplayable.... And Im not a fan of Ryan to put it lightly

clutchdabear likes this.
  12. bmelo

bmelo Member

Maybe they think Daryl is ass and they just dont do him favours? Like You got Magic on one line and Morey on second... who you want to make friends with? :)

13. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

What was his 3p% l10 games

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

As soon as I stop winning this Comcast communications gift card I’ll answer the poll.

BaselineFade likes this.
  15. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Morey had to give up Melton because no one ****ing wanted to touch Ryan Anderson or his contract without getting something on the side, a contract that Morey signed Anderson to.

Remember what I said...Ryan Anderson and his toxic contract has been killing Rockets chances to win the title, even with him gone.

16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You should search my post in the thread which announced the Ryan Anderson trade.

It makes it perfectly clear back then that I hated the fact that we had to give up Melton just to get rid of this scrub.

17. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Dude, The Rockets could have kept Anderson and let him collect his checks.. They just split his contract into two unwanted contracts now.

18. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Or the Rockets could have never signed him to that horrendous contract to begin with which they are still paying for in damages.

19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

1. I don't understand how anyone can look at Chris Paul going down with an injury and conclude that it's better to have Melton than Knight.

2. As to what Morey was thinking, here's one possibility: He spent a long time fishing for Anderson trades and couldn't get any that were acceptable. In the course of asking around, one of the avenues was a multi-team trade in which Phoenix unloaded Knight and Chriss. Morey wasn't able to complete the whole sequence with the other teams, but he got far enough along to realize that once he had exchanged Anderson for those two contracts, there were takers for the next exchange. So he decided that getting to that next step was worth giving up Melton. And now he's looking for the best version of the next exchange.

That's all a guess. You insiders may know better. And if we now unload Knight while CP is out, I'm refuting my own point #1.

BigM, Deuce and xiki like this.
  20. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It sucks that neither Chriss nor Knight worked out. Knight really looks like he’s just been sitting on his couch the past two years as he had surgery after surgery, and PHX knew all that.

But I also agree that there weren’t any better Ryno deals out there. We didn’t give up a 1st rnd pick in the deal, just a posthumous 2nd in Melton. I do think expiring Chriss + Knight is a more liquid set of negative assets than Ryno alone. Let’s see what becomes of them.