1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] *PERSONALLY* Which acquisition will you remember the most

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by risemeyer, Jul 13, 2013.

?

Which acquisition had a larger affect/do you think you will remember the most

1. James Harden Trade

111 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Free Agency with Dwight Howard

130 vote(s)
    53.9%
  1. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

I thought this would be a good question/poll to see how people reacted to the acquisitions of Howard and Harden. Personally, when it comes down to remembering where I was, what I was doing and the time, the Harden trade stands out more. Im not sure if it was because it came out of no-where and happened so quick, if it was because I had come to a realization that the team was going to suck with a weak incoming draft or just because I went to school with James at ASU and have always been a fan of his play. The Howard F/A grab does stand out in terms of the moment it was declared he would be going to Houston.

From your personal experience, what do you think stands out more in terms of what you were doing or where you were when the news broke and which had more of an affect to you

2. Swishh

Swishh Member

Robbing the Thunder with the Harden trade.

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

whichever one brings us a championship..

if we win a ring this yr with the help of dwight, i'll remember all the transactions that led us to that point!

4. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

multiple sources say 50% harden, 50% howard

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Harden, because he is the only reason Dwight even considered coming here to begin with. He was the true game-changer.

Not to mention it's funny to look back at how badly OKC screwed that situation up.

6. risemeyer

risemeyer Member

Chris Broussard is on Cfans? ;)

I remember I was working and I went onto twitter and saw a twitter post from Astrorocket about some prelim stuff going on, all of a sudden my phone started going nuts, went to Woj's twitter feed and I just remember screaming. For Howard i was in the car getting gas when Amick released his article.

7. arjun

arjun Member

its almost equal but...

i will remember the dwight process more because it was much more drawn out and had alot more drama...the harden was completely out of the blue and took us by surprise.

1 person likes this.
  8. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Harden because it came out of NOWHERE

9. mazinger

mazinger Member

Howard will be more memorable but Harden's trade is the reason why the Rockets are where they are. If that trade didn't happen, they'd be a lottery team again this year as last year.

10. thedude077

thedude077 Member

I'll go with James Harden because he was the main part of the reason Dwight chose here.

11. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

For sure.

12. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Drafting Olajuwon.

13. k-money

k-money Member

Harden definitely if you asked someone who they thought the rockets were getting a day before that nobody would say harden

14. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I will say that getting Harden was the true steal. He changed EVERYTHING in Houston. However, it wouldn't mean anything if Morey wasn't able to get a player like Dwight over here. So, with the Dwight move, it feels like we have the brightest (3-5 year) future in the NBA. Sure, things could change, but we are positioned so great. The only variable to consider in the next 3-5 years now is where Lebron lands. Other than that, I feel so good about our team.

BTW, I understand the youth of GSW and OKC. But, I think Houston will win a championship in the next 2 years.

15. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Howard because of all the drama, the two year chase by DM and the pageantry from today.

James was mostly a surprise. We had talked about it but not much more than any other wild crazy ass trade proposal. After the trade there really wasn't time for any sort of pageantry and there was absolutely no drama.

As far as importance I do think acquiring James was the most important and the most difficult. I think getting the 1st superstar is the hardest and with out Harden there is no way Howard comes to Houston.

16. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

^^^ That's considering the fact that Morey is our GM as well.

17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Clyde Drexler

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Dwight, because the Harden trade pretty much popped up and surprised us overnight (even though I had sort of predicted it a year before) but we suffered through the Dwight drama multiple times and for weeks/months at a time.

19. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

They are both memorable. But for me the harden trade was both shocking and amazing. I mean we were on the mediocrity treadmill for so long, it felt awesome to finally have a high talent again. I'll never forget that moment when I was with my friend going crazy when we found out.

The awesomeness of getting Dwight Howard hasn't fully sunk in yet for me lol

20. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'll remember Howard more because we spent months over a 2 years span going insane hoping he'd pick our team refreshing every 5 secs for weeks to see if he made a decision etc.

Getting harden was a great trade don't get me wrong, but it cam out of no where and was over the min it was announced, we didn't pull our hair out on here speculating and hoping we could get him.