1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

31.5%
  1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Wow some of these comments are off the chains. Some people just doesn't know are truly understand basic basketball.

2. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We have no choice but to sign him because Morey can't seem to find an Ariza replacement...

It'd be funny to see how him and Ryno interact.

3. justinh

justinh Member

very surprised Yes is winning. :(

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Probably something like this. ;)

[​IMG]

apollo33 likes this.
  5. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

You simply can't say that in July - there's still a lot of water still to go under that perverbial bridge. ANYTHING can happen by next April so to automatically dismiss their chances months before the season is yet to start is foolish. A 65 win team simply doesn't fall off the table (Unless Mark Cuban is the owner) and the Rockets are still on that very short list of teams with a legitimate chance to make the NBA Finals (which is more than can be said for the Mavericks). All of this angst because GS signed a guy who won't even set foot on the court before January! Now if you wanted them to make a seriously dumbass panic move then they should have gone after Howard...again...I hear he comes very cheap these days.

6. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

this is a good point on why we should get melo.

with that said, if things do spiral downward, I hope we get a quick fix (as someone said earlier). we really don't want a full season plagued with drama and bad publicity. that can be a huge distraction for a championship contending team (and we were already so close!). when we got cp3 last year, I didn't really have any of these concerns and it was good vibes throughout the season. with melo, you have to consider these things because of his history. NY was extremely desperate to get rid of him and now OKC is letting him go for a bag of chips. that "yo P, not coming off the bench" speech was also not a good look for him (maybe the rockets want him to be bench player too?). is that someone you would want on the Rockets?

additional things to consider:
    -melo/dantoni history
    -melo/cp3 friendship (can be both good (mentoring) and bad (feelings hurt if we get rid of melo?))
    -if we start losing, you can bet the media will start playing the blame game and blow it out of proportion (not a good look for organization)

the optimism in me says things will be different in h-town but melo's history is what has me 2nd guessing myself.

#86 tinywang, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  7. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

I dont mind Melo starting at the 3. With Tuck starting at the 4 it would work fine. That way when Tuck goes out Luc comes in.

8. seeingredtx

seeingredtx Enlightened

Yes in place of Ryno

9. Ranny

Ranny Member

I voted yes.

At the right price, and with the right role, he sure could be useful.

Rocket River likes this.
  10. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

It's funny how negative the posting is when the poll says it's clear, that 'yes' is the majority.

I said yes. My instinct say he's got stuff in the tank still. He'll score more points per game than he did last year most likely. We can replace Trevor's defense with better offense. That works in my mind.

11. Remlap

Remlap Member

I voted Y only if we can get him cheap and he's bought out by OKC.
    Wouldn't give any real moving parts to land him otherwise

12. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

i'm not saying we will fall off a cliff, but barring a major catastrophe in golden state our chances remain at damn near 0% to make the finals. it's the flat out truth. this isn't MLB or the NHL or even the NFL - the best team in the NBA almost always wins and the warriors have done nothing but get even better. it's actually part of what's wrong with this league - there is ZERO suspense when a team like golden state is able t o amass not 1 or 2 or 3 or even 4 but FIVE FREAKING ALL STARS. and the sad part is that boogie doesn't even have to play for them to be the decisive favorites... as close as we got last year they are undoubtedly better today just with a healthy iguodala than they were when they beat us and we are undoubtedly worse.

i'm not doubting morey's ability to make something happen either... i just don't see anyway he can make something happen significant enough to push golden state off the top spot given our current constraints. so if we can bring in someone like melo who at least comes with the potential to make us better, particularly given our almost non-existent alternatives, i say we go for it.

13. davidxhz

davidxhz Member

wow, surprised to see that many people say YES, i guess people are assuming Melo is going to cost us no players in the trade and minimum salary and also play defense when it matters in the playoffs....... can't believe that many people wants Melo, if OKC would accept a bag of peanut for Melo, i would certainly do that, otherwise, hell no

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I only want him if we can first lock up Clint and Luc.

TEXNIFICENT likes this.
  15. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Surprised? Assume that lots of new clutchfans joined this site from NY with current coach hiring, likely Melo is also the guy to be followed.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Has anyone contemplated what happens when Anthony and Harden have to switch onto each other's man defensively....

freemaniam and YOLO like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

pshh Melo more than makes up for that worry offensively. Ariza was holding this team back

18. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

Melo will go from playing with zero geniuses to two geniuses.

Les do dis!

19. nacho bidness

nacho bidness Member

On another note I'm tired of reading all the fear and dread over boogie to the warriors.

It's not a good fit for them.

Someone make the posts forfeiting the season stop.

20. Gorilladunks

Gorilladunks Member

Its the anti melo echo chamber. People are tired of correcting dumb people opinions. The yes crowd stays more silent because they know its not that much of any risk given the current state of the team

don grahamleone likes this.