1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinywang, Jul 9, 2018.

?

Do you want Melo on the Rockets?

1. Yes

68.5%
  2. No

31.5%
  1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

Just thought it would be nice to have this in a poll form. Didn't see any other ones in the first few pages...

As of now, it seems like Melo is leaning towards the Rockets. Do you want him? Simple answer, Yes or No....lock in your vote!

2. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

YAY! Another Melo Thread!

LUK3, clutchdabear, napalm06 and 10 others like this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

Nope, I'm done with Melo. Doesn't have a winning bone in his body, but he could definitely screw up our chemistry.

Lurch and Madmanmetz like this.
  4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

i hope Melo signs with Lakers for one season, and then we can talk more about him next off season

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

unless it's for the minimum and he's willing to play a role off the bench, do not want

6. PatBev

PatBev Member

If you don't want Melo on this team for cheap you're a jackass

7. tinywang

A lot of people are saying we need defensive players, not Melo, especially after losing Ariza. Also, that Melo doesn't fit our fast pace guard dominant team that we need to go against the Warriors. If we could get Melo cheap, is he worth the upside? He played pretty awful with Westbrook and PG but maybe CP3 could change that? Is Melo willing to sacrifice and play a bench role? Do we just want Morey to make a move b/c it's exciting? Lets not forget, Melo has been a pretty inefficient chucker both in NY and OKC. Most Lakers fans are hoping we get Melo and not them...

#7 tinywang, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  8. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

I pick no, because he won't agreed to coming off the bench.

RoyalGuard likes this.
  9. mightybosstone

If it's a minimum deal and he's willing to play the roles he's asked to play, I think there's still a chance he could be an asset in Houston. OKC's lack of an offensive system last year was obvious, and I don't think it did a good job of playing to Melo's strengths. I also think CP3 could help reign Melo in a little bit to maximize his production while he's on the floor.

And for a one-year deal at the veteran minimum, it's a fairly low-risk, high-reward type move. If he doesn't work out, you bench him and trade him at the deadline. But my take on this has always been that I trust Morey's assessment of the guy. If he crunches the numbers and thinks Melo is worth adding, then I trust his judgment. If he looks at the data and thinks Melo would be a terrible fit, then I'm fine with that as well.

10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Unless hell freezes over ... do not want.

11. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Damn.

Another Melo thread.

I do but I wouldn't be sad if he wasn't.

[​IMG]

12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Don’t really want him but in order to compete this year we need to take a risk... our current squad isn’t winning anything.

jboslett likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I trust CP3's instincts. If he knows that Carmelo can fit in, I trust him.

LUK3, HakeemOnlyFan, jevjnd and 6 others like this.
  14. gotsis

gotsis Member

I'm willing to risk it. We don't have the talent to beat GSW right now and even if we somehow beat them, teams like Boston are up and coming. Not to mention the Lakers if they managed to snag KL.

So, although it could backfire and I do think Melo is kind of washed up, if he does come and accept his role, he could be a x factor in the Playoffs.

K-Low_4_Prez and B-Bob like this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

melo lost his powers when he shaved his cornrows.

16. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

gotta risk it for the biscuit.

17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Maybe CP3 could "lead" Melo.
    Lord knows Harden was a worthless party animal until CP3 got here and " led" him to 65 wins and the MVP. Maybe CP3 could " lead" Melo to the most improved player, 6th man of the year and the NBA Championship.

farr3l, Remlap and whiskeyred like this.
  18. Red Chocolate

Red Chocolate Contributing Member

Keep in mind that we had one of the most efficient offenses ever while playing at the league's slowest pace. CP3 and Harden makes everyone look better, I'm not sure that's the case with RWB. Even if Melo makes us 2 wins worse than Ariza we're still a 63 game winner in the regular season.

19. tinywang

I felt like we dodged a HUGE bullet last season after seeing Melo's perform and chemistry in OKC. Would things change here? I mean we almost beat the Warriors this year...and that's without Melo.

20. broteinshake

broteinshake Member

I don't understand some of ya'll. There aren't very many good FA's who we can realistically sign, nor too many good players we can trade for without completely gutting our team; and then there's Melo with a high possibility of acquiring him for cheap. We won't be losing too much, with AT LEAST the likelihood of upgrading a our defense. "Elite" offensive performer for CHEAP? We can get rid of his ass quick if it doesn't work out. No brainer ya'll, come on now.

Astrodome, Jayzers_100 and BigDog63 like this.