1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Sep 26, 2018.

?

Do you think Kavanaugh is a sex offender?

1. Yes

50.9%
  2. No

33.5%
  3. Waiting for testimony

19.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

you know they are desperate when they are recycling the Ramirez stuff again tp hawk a book

It reads like something made up by someone who watched 80s teen movies about fraternities

https://t.co/6Qt4UnW4F2?amp=1

[​IMG]

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

[Premium Post]
    There is not a single shred of evidence that the 35+ year old allegations against Brett Kavanaugh were true. All known witnesses denied it happened. The FBI investigation found nothing to suggest it happened. Christine Blasey Ford put on a total act (hair in face, glasses, baby voice) in her Congressional testimony. The media and Democrats were so determined to avoid shifting the Supreme Court to a conservative majority that they dropped all integrity and shamefully attacked Brett Kavanaugh for something he didn't do. It's shocking to me that dishonest people still cling to these allegations after being confronted with all of this information. For the sane amongst us, the "Kavanaugh-is-a-sex-offender" promoters are simply self-identifying as wild eyed, emotional people who are willing to drop all integrity to lie in order to advance their political goals. Shame on these truly ignorant, dishonest people.

GOOD DAY

4. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I still think that my “tribe” still lacks a fundamental understanding of the reality of our friends on the other side of the isle.

The fact is, when the Kavanaugh accusations came out, the Trumplicans actually started to rally around him. When Kavanaugh belligerently told the Senate to go F themselves... Trumplicans were going to ride or ride with Kavanaugh all the way. He was now their guy.

Trumplicans for whatever reason feel like liberals or the deep state have stolen “muh culture” for decades, and are convinced they are victims of some grand conspiracy. They are our friends in normal every day life, but are spiteful mean spirited people when it comes to culture and politics. They wouldn’t vote Republican if they weren’t. It’s all about the fight against liberals. Not a fight for policies or personal rights.

So I think we all need to wake up and realize the state of the Trumplican party. Always remember that what will turn them out to vote in the end, is spitefulness towards liberals and progressive culture. View the political calculus of every situation through that lens and you will not be surprised when something like sexual assault allegations actually increased Trumplican support.

#645 dobro1229, Sep 15, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2019
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

The fbi / DOJ did itself a disservice for a sham investigation. Not completely their fault as they were taking orders for the corrupted stop. More reason for the DOJ to be an independent agency. And lol at the ineptness of Congress to obtain a real thorough investigation (if indeed they were trying to do that and got fooled by the executive branch).

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  7. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Supreme Court of the United States - Wikipedia

8. NewRoxFan

trump thinks rapy kavanaugh should sue for "liable".

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm sure Barr will investigate the inadequate investigation into these allegations.

No Worries and Nook like this.
  10. tallanvor

investigate what? the suggested 'victim' of this new allegation denies it ever happened (NYT's article fails to mention this.....). By all journalistic standards you would not print this story. Especially given all the false accusations already levied against Kavanaugh.

11. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Keep your chin high, li'l camper. We can't have double standards when it comes to investigating the investigations.

I don't know where the brilliant, fair, and robust investigation will begin. It might be with the reason potential witnesses were never interviewed by the FBI. I'll leave that up to the totally unbiased William Barr in all of his wisdom to decide.

12. tallanvor

A person who says they heard a rumor is not a witness. If you are talking about Ramirez, she was interviewed. She's not remotely close to credible. If you are talking about this new guy, again the person he touts as the victim says she doesn't remember any of this. What ever happened to 'believe all women' ? Does that apply here since the woman claims it never happened?

Kavanaugh should start suing.

#652 tallanvor, Sep 15, 2019
  13. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

At this point in Barr's investigation, it is just too early to comment on all the specifics. We'll have to wait for Barr's unbiased investigation to conclude (and begin).

14. dobro1229

This explains my earlier point. You parroting Trump this AM that what you really want is the fight against liberals. You want Kavanaugh to sue because you and your supreme leader feel like this story coming back is good politics to drum up an Us vs Them culture war.

That is literally all this is about... culture war.

What motivates you isn’t conservativism or a debate of ideas. It’s literally just about the joy you and others get in your daily lives in upsetting liberals in your fantasy culture war to make you feel some power in an otherwise sad powerless life of middle America.

Enjoy, but I encourage others here to learn from these culture war trigger moments and don’t take the bait.

15. NewRoxFan

I'd like to see rapy kavanaugh sue. The *liable* laws are pretty interesting. Hopefully the FBI will be called to testify about the credible witnesses they chose not to interview. And for sure, having kavanaugh testify... he has a history of lying under testimony, which would be good to bring back out in a trial.

16. NewRoxFan

17. tallanvor

I want there to be consequences for smearing someone while failing to meet basic journalistic standards. Kavanaugh should sue the NYT. Journalists put out countless absurdly, provably false stories about Kavanaugh (including fake rape allegations) and suffered no consequences for it.

What credible witnesses did they fail to interview? Stier? as already said, the person he claims is the 'victim' says its not true. that's not a credible witness.

Other than that, no other person has said they are a witness besides Ramirez and she was interviewed.

#657 tallanvor, Sep 15, 2019
  18. NewRoxFan

19. dobro1229

As I alluded to before, it’s about an emotional fight for you and Trumpers. You want the feeling you get for what you feel is a liberal injustice on your culture.

It actually makes me sorry for you and other Trumpers I know. I really feel bad for you that your feel so aggrieved in life. I hope you can eventually find some joy in life and compassion in your heart one day before you die.

20. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Yeah he’s probably a scumbag that took advantage of women .

Still , he’s on the Supreme Court . It’s gonna take a massive effort to get him off of it .

There are people that put the interest of their party and the laws he is likely to make over any moral concerns they might have.

I haven’t read the latest story’s of accusations . Frankly , I dunno why another person is just coming out now . I know I’m not supposed to say that , but you would’ve thought that if you were going to try and seek justice for a wrong ... you would’ve tried to jump on the train before he got the seat .

I’m not sure what could come of this newest allegation . Even if it’s proved true how many years ago was it ? What punishment can society levy now ?