1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

When it comes to minimum salary role players, NOW is the only future. Luc, Rivers, Green, Nene and Ennis (and MCW, Melo) all signed 1yr contracts. Morey's whole philosophy about the future is minimum players can be signed every year, in revolving door. And when they play well, we keep them for the playoffs.

You don't withhold House from the playoffs in Harden's best year, just because you are worried about signing him in the future? Harden deserves to have his roster filled out with players who are playable in the playoffs. If think Ennis, Clark, Melo, Chriss, Knight, Isaiah and Nene (who didn't even play against GSW last playoffs) are all more useful than House, then I'm pretty sure Harden and MDA disagree with you.

House wants to become RFA.

#122 heypartner, Jan 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2019
    Tfor3 likes this.
  3. dmoneybangbang

I don't think that's his "whole philosophy". I would imagine he views locking up players he views as "worthy role players" to cheap multiyear deals to be more prudent. All those players mentioned, except Rivers, don't have much upside (older and been in the league) and should be 1 year deals. Clearly Morey thinks House has more potential and wants to lock him up to an inexpensive multi year deal. Rivers is just a fortunate buyout.

Right. I was just responding to the claim of Tilman being cheap.

4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

This is such a disservice to harden Les was cheap but Tillman is turning into Sarvar level here. If this keeps on and harden demands a trade I won’t even hate on him for it

BigShasta and Tfor3 like this.
  5. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Give him a last chance for little more and deal again

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. s3ts

s3ts Member

Lol... Whats your deal.

I am literally reiterating the original post, so I don't know where u get the idea you're correcting me. Go correct the original poster.

Also, if you're going to correct people, at least accuse properly. I'll accept that if it's true, 3 yr min was what we COULD offer.

But the rest of his post is factually true. He can still sign a 1 yr deal, but we did not offer him that, so we booted him to the g league. If youre saying he can sign with another team, sure okay, but the fact remains that he'd not be a player for the rockets.

7. s3ts

s3ts Member

Again, that is NOT my explanation, its the original poster info Im almost literally copy pasting...

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

Nope! I only mentioned the cap to tell you I wasn't talking about it.

9. biff17

biff17 Member

I was responding to what you posted and stayed as facts I don't care what the original poster said.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

support it even more now. welcome to houston kenneth faried

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. Malaya

Malaya Member

Team has other priority needs to fill.

House is on the Vipers, he's not going anywhere. That's where his agent miscalculated. Tillman didn't get wealthy by being a bad dealmaker.

BigShasta and hakeem94 like this.
  12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's such BS. You either have it or you don't. House has IT. He can attack and finish at the cup, hit the 3, he's a trick passer and has a high motor/passion.

And rather than convert to a 1 year deal they send him to the valley. Stewpid move.

pippendagimp and hakeem94 like this.
  13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

TF has NOT done shiit in Pro Sports. Not a damn thing. Making billions fattening up Americans with Beer, steak, rolls and cheesecake does not suddenly make him qualified to competently run a team.

He's trying to run this team like a mob boss and it's not working

You don't think other players and agents pay attention to our azzhole moves?

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

a 3 year minimum contract is "richer than anyone of his experience / skill level gets"?

...seems to me with the exception of guaranteeing those 3 years (or locking him up for 3 years depending on your view) at the min - its the least anyone of his experience / skill level gets... hence the 'minimum' label... ;)

I believe that Hasheem Thabeet made about as much his rookie year as House is being offered for 3 years... and (at the time) did not have more experience than House has now... nor do i believe he was 'better skilled' than House is... jus sayin... lol

and as for the 'why should we use him if he's just gonna bolt' argument... bc our roster looks like a MASH unit of injuries... Morey is hoping to scoop up some buyout player to sign for the rest of the year - but we're gonna turn our nose up at continuing to utilize House for the rest of year? i didnt realize we were so flush with healthy talent that we could afford to kick a decent rotational player (on a min contract) to the curb bc he isnt willing to sign a long term contract...
    Before we signed Nunnally to his 10 day contract, did we verify that he would accept a 3 year contract at the min if Morey should decide to offer it?

#134 kjayp, Jan 19, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  15. YOLO

YOLO Member

hasheem thabeet was the 2nd pick of the nba draft. in no way is that comparable to an undrafted Danuel House. using logic helps

and no, getting late 1st round pick money is not the least of anyone of his whopping less than 50 games or so experience. house being put on this king standard is just puzzling. this hometown kid story is great at all but some of yall need to use some common sense

16. Dgn1

Dgn1 Member

Charlie Pallilo believes the Rockets front office mishandled it.

17. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

yes, i get his philosophy of the perfect scenario and the perfect contract for the future. That helps us in the future. For now, in mid-season of a Harden prime year and you're a contender, when you have a guy on the team who is outplaying the rest of the bench ...

Luc and Nene were on my list, too. Add Faried to that.

A three-year, NG deal is really 3 one-year deals in a row. Why don't we make veterans sign those? It's not because that isn't a prudent, perfect contract; it's because they won't sign them.

Morey's philosophy is that revolving door, vet min contracts can be achieved every year. His second philosophy is rookie-ish players can develop in unpredictable manners, so lock them up. But, that only protects the future. Morey's NOW trumps his future, or at least it should every year moving forward that Harden is in his prime. He has to shelve the precedence rule. When you are a contender, you have to relax your rules, to get the best players at your disposal on the court, future be damned.

I'm confident Morey won't stash House for rest of season. Because I'm confident MDA and Harden will demand House on the playoff roster, if we still have any one of Ennis, Clark, Chriss, Knight, Isaiah, and Nene underperforming him. (Nene didn't even play against GSW last year.)

#137 heypartner, Jan 19, 2019
    DVauthrin likes this.
  18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I realize the difference between the #2 pick and an undrafted player - Thabeet got paid on potential and a higher ceiling and all that... but that wasnt the premise that I replied to "experience and skill" was the criteria given and obviously many guys with less experience and lesser skills have gotten substantially more.... hence the 'lol'

And house was offered a 3 year MINIMUM contract... while guaranteeing the money is better than a nonguaranteed... it is still the MINIMUM for someone of his experience (3rd year in the league)... People love to say "late first round pick money" - but House doesnt have the uncertainty of a 'late 1st rd pick' - he has shown he can be a decent rotation player... This offer (the minimum) is what is required for someone of his actual experience (3rd year)... I dont understand this whole "he's being offered such a great deal..." other than guranteeing the contract, Morey couldnt offer him less - as he has already utilized all his NBA time allowed from a 2 way...

The simple truth is Morey is trying to lock the kid up for 3 years for the least amount he is allowed to pay him... and while I can appreciate the shrewdness of Morey's attempt - it was rejected... so imo... rather than cutting his nose off to spite his face... Morey needs to convert the kid and lets at least get the benefit of his services the remainder of this year while we are in this quagmire of injuries... if hes 'nothing special' and so 'easily replaceable'... why is Morey being such a douche insisting on a 3 year deal.... I'd put House on about the same level as GG regarding actual playability and we didnt insist on a 3 year contract there....

#138 kjayp, Jan 19, 2019
  19. Hou_rox

Hou_rox Member

House is good, but his skills are replaceable...the real question is how much does he raise our ceiling once everyone is healthy, and is it worth this headache? Thank God that Morey isn't as shortsighted as some of you guys.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Tilman was born wealthy.