1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you support Tillmann's Danuel House shutdown?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jan 17, 2019.

?

Do you support the Tillmann shutdown?

1. Yes

37.6%
  2. No

62.4%
  1. YOLO

YOLO Member

value is pretty much on point with what House has done thus far. no idea why some people want to act like he's some proven gem that deserves some big payday who's irreplaceable. he hasn't even played enough games to not qualify as a rookie yet

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

converting him is less constraining than the 3 year deal Morey is offering... Morey is just putting the screws to the kid demanding multiple years for the min salary...

#42 kjayp, Jan 17, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2019
  3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

More than meets the eyes. I’m expecting moves by Feb 7th trading deadline. Might free up space and
    money to sign young Mr. House.

Kinda like those tile puzzles where you move one tile to get another in place or position.....House has been
    moved to the side (No team can take him from us while under 2-way contract) with the ability to slide him
    back into place.

Maybe Rubics Cube like.

hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  4. kjayp

thats why I got no problem if Morey doesnt want to dip into the mle on a higher multiple year deal for House...

but his refusal to just convert him and utilize him this year is just Morey being a jerk and trying to get the kid to sign off on multiple years at the minimum...

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't think he's refusing to. in fact I think he eventually will so house ultimately gets what he wishes and that's to become a RFA

6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

it isn't Tillman who offered him a contract, it was Morey who runs the contract show.

kjayp likes this.
  7. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

People keep saying Tilman is in charge but he's said multiple times on interview that he's letting his 20+ y.o. sons run the team. It's probably why this season has been a mess.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. bj83gc

bj83gc Member

This has nothing to do with Tilman. You guys saying he is cheap and all that really have no idea what is going on.

House is not going to make or break this season, and you dudes acting like he's the missing link to a championship are delusional. Yeah he's been a decent role player for 20 something games but he would be playing minimal minutes off the bench come playoff time anyways.

Paul/Rivers
    Harden/Green
    Gordon/ Ennis, Clark or House
    Tucker
    Capela/Nene

Ideally we would probably all rather have House in that spot, but in a couple months he might not be playing at this level he was at now. Chances are he wont be shooting high 40% 3's permanently. He's a role guy who can be replaced if he doesn't want to sign the 3 year deal. I'd rather let Gary Clark get pt and develop since he's locked up for a few years instead of House who would be leaving this off season if they converted him. If they convert House he is 100% gone this off season, and not because Tilman is cheap. They only have non-bird rights and cannot offer him more than 120% of his minimum contract. It's called a salary cap, some of y'all should google it.

hakeem94 and thedreamsteam like this.
  10. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Wonder what Le$ is doing right now :oops:

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

injuries don't help. I'd rather be where we are sitting now than a month ago. We will be fine

12. kjayp

huh? If Morey wasnt refusing to convert him - he could do it today... its an automatic thing... 2 way contracts can be converted to 1 year min contracts - no player approval needed.... So if Morey wanted to - he could just do it... but he's not... he's refusing to do it - at this time....

When he realizes House isnt going to cave and sign off on the next 3 years at the minimum salary... maybe then Morey will make the move...

meanwhile you got...
    "Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni said he wished Danuel House Jr. the best, but said he likely would not play him after the G League season is over, barring injuries to the players in the rotation at the time."
    https://www.chron.com/sports/rocket...ts-Mike-D-Antoni-on-Danuel-House-13539744.php

so that doesnt sound like, 'we're waiting for the buyout market to see if we have mle money left to offer House a more lucrative 3 year deal...'

When they signed Nunally to his 10 day contract... did Morey ask if he was willing to accept a 3 year min contract so they didnt "waste time developing him..."?

cheke64 and hakeem94 like this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

he could do it today or he has until march to do it. Obviously morey is doing what he does and evaluating all options as he should

If House doesn't accept, that's his own risk he's taking. Certainly isn't because he's being undervalued. He's being offered a guaranteed deal. One that is more than what late first round picks make

hakeem94 likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Morey offered him two different deals!! He rejected both of them. He was a nice part of what we were doing and his agent played chicken and lost. Look at Nunnaly shot .. silky smooth. House = easily replaced. He lost. Now he can go show out for the Vipers the rest of the year, catch a one year deal and flame out next year and be balling in China all because of one bad business decision.

Sample size? I mean dang dude how about earning it over a longer period of time and my hostage remarks stem from his side thinking that the ROX are so beat up that they will just write any kind of money for him? He was going to get late 1st round money with guarantees and he wanted more. Bye Felicia.

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. BigBum

BigBum Member

Hate me.
    I blame Harden by not involving House contract.

16. kjayp

Why not just convert the kid to 1 year deal and have him as a rfa in the offseason? it doesnt even take any negotiation - its a built in provision of a 2 way contract...
    It would be a min contract for someone who is already acclimated to the team and shown he can be a decent rotational piece... if we signed somebody off the street (like we did GG or AR) thats the deal they'd get...

but no... Morey wants to squeeze out a multiple year deal on the cheap.... and tie the kid up for 3 years - or he's banished to the g league... thats crap on many levels...

when Morey signed Nunnaly, did he ask him if he would accept a 3 year min deal as a requirement of bringing him in on a 10 day?

I dont know how anybody doesnt see this as slimy.... smh....

DVauthrin likes this.
  17. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

heard of Scott Bora??

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

heard of common sense?

19. Newlin

Newlin Member

We don't know what's going on behind the scenes. Morey may be close to swinging a trade for an impact player that would make House unneeded. In a few weeks everything will become clearer.

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Slimy ... Shrewd. Call it what you want, fact of the matter is House was a NOBODY before he showed up here. Yes he's been good for us during the stretch of injuries, but at what point do you reward the team for 'finding' you? I get "maximizing salary opportunity" and all that, but if he is truly the revelation the team needs/needed the money would have worked itself out. He was in the best possible opportunity to showcase his skills and if big money was on his mind why not just sign that 2 yr offer and grind? Every player minus James and CP (and Ryan Anderson ugh) has had to earn it for this team. Morey playing hardball is nothing new. And the story of Danuel House ends.

I get the human aspect trust me I do. Love he's a hometown kid but he's negotiating like it's his last contract and not his first.