1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Do You Like the Austin Rivers Signing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 24, 2018.

?

Do you like the Austin Rivers Signing?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Green House by the River

tc0330, shlhl and ThunderStruck like this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This thread has become irrelevant with Rivers excellent play. Let's change the topic to: Do you like Austin Rivers singing?

I for one am on the fence there.

RyanB likes this.
  3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Knows his role and fits right in, the most important aspect is his defense on other PGs and SGs, the bench will be a lot better once everyone gets healthy, this team is capable of making a push in the playoffs if everyone is healthy come playoffs time.

RyanB and DreamShook like this.
  4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It was getting rough there in the 4th. When Harden is tired and battling a quadruple team, he pretty much can't function, but the rest of team continues to feed Harden with disastrous results. There was one possession where Rivers got a pass form Harden and had the confidence to get a bucket. That's huge. I hope Rivers continues to do more of that.

5. ThunderStruck

ThunderStruck Member

Rivers has been known to have a little bit of even irrational confidence in the past so I have no doubt he will continue to show that every now and then.

6. today

today Contributing Member

I cheer for him, but always refer to him as DB. Gotta keep myself grounded, never forget.

7. smp

smp Member

Yes. We need him to keep being aggressive, especially attacking the basket.

hakeem94 and DreamShook like this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Danuel House Jr and Gerald have been playing better with Rivers in.

9. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Rivers looks like he can be clumsy at times but its his aggressiveness on the offense that really helps this team. He isn't scared to drive into the lane with 3 defenders then pass it out to our shooters. Also he has a good enough shot that you have to respect him from the 3 point line. On defense, he is very solid too, gives a lot of effort.

10. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Never thought I'd say it, but I have absolutely grown to LOVE Austin Rivers. Love what he's been bringing to this team

dcfma, smp, Bo6 and 1 other person like this.
  11. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Never thought I'd say it, but I have absolutely grown to LOVE Austin Rivers. Love what he's been bringing to this team

Bo6 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

that's why i was little dissapointed in rivers when he kept looking for harden and feeding harden the ball and harden was wasted at that point not even giving him the target to throw the ball to

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can probably never like this dude but I can respect his game and the signing at a time of dire need!

RyanB likes this.
  14. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

We don’t win last night without Rivers. He was the only counter we had to the harden traps and double teams in the 4th

RyanB likes this.
  15. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Rivers is Ariza level and he can backup cp3. Our prince are House plus Gary clark.

16. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Rivers is Ariza level and he can backup cp3. Our prince are House plus Gary clark. Our power is some as last year

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I want to see the rest of the season unfold!

18. psaman17

psaman17 Member

His defense is surprisingly solid.

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

eh i don't think this is a good comparison. Lin is a much better offensive player, both shooting and playmaking. They both can ISO but that's where the comparisons end.

that being said, Rivers is great defensively and has made it very difficult for opposing PGs to get in rhythms thus far. (Westbrook, Conley, Holiday all having rather anonymous games).

Big task against Curry. We will see how he fares.

RyanB likes this.
  20. s3ts

s3ts Member

I feel like there could've been a better acquisition or FA signing than Austin Rivers. Now people on the forums overrating this guy.

So yes, I am happy we got some rotational player. But I feel like we aren't aiming high here.