1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] Chances nothing happens Deadline or Big Splash?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Le$$, Feb 5, 2019.

?

Will Rockets make a Big Splash?

1. yes

20 vote(s)
    10.9%
  2. no

61 vote(s)
    33.2%
  3. Rockets make a minor Move to shore up roster

103 vote(s)
    56.0%
  1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I think we could move the needle significantly if we could finally just get an Ariza replacement. Our biggest hole remains to be a 3-4 who can defend, switch, rebound, and shoot 3s. Aside from some kind of superstar who fits this mold (PG, Kawhi, Butler, etc), I think the best fit here would probably be someone like Robert Covington. I assume he's not available, but who knows, Minnesota isn't even making the playoffs right now. Otto Porter or Holics boy Justise Winslow could also be great for this role. Anyway I guess what I'm saying is that I disagree that Davis is the only needle mover for us. I really think just one high impact defensive player could drastically improve our defense, up to last years level.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Rockets just have zero interesting assets.

Think about everyone on our team and whether you'd be interested in them on another team.

Harden - infinite value
    Capela - good value (for the right fit)
    Paul - minimal value (due to contract)
    Tucker - OK value (for a contender)
    Gordon - OK value (for a contender)
    Hartenstein - minimal value (potential)
    Rivers - minimal value (contract)
    Faried - minimal value (contract)

Everyone else, just warm bodies in terms of trade value.

Chriss - negative value
    Knight - negative value

There aren't going to be many suitors looking at the Rockets for trades with our stupidly top-heavy roster, so naturally we're going to have to beg for interest.

DreamShook and LFE171 like this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think EGO could go to a middle of the pack team (valuewise) as in his career history Houston was the only contender he has been on.

Clippers and Nola of the past did not come close.

4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

We can’t even get the guys you mentioned with our pathetic assets, unless you want to give up picks and Capela for the likes of porter/Covington....

5. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

No matter what happens Tilman will save money

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Why would a middle of the pack team pick up a veteran instead of developing someone with higher upside, though?

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Couple of teams like Sactown just wants to make the playoffs. Easy. Got a history of picking up talent but never made it back to the postseason.

Change of scenery would do some good.

It all depends on how they view him and his injury history.

8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

That's fair, I'm not particularly plugged in on the trade side of basketball. Don't know a whole lot about assets, contracts, how much picks are worth in relation to players, that kind of thing. If the players I mentioned are only available by trading Capela, then yeah, that's probably not worth it. Just hoping for some kind of Morey magic, it's tough to watch Harden's best year of his prime go to waste.

9. joeson332

joeson332 Member

@KlutchQT said watch us get a Jordan Hamilton type situation again lol

10. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

11. ROXonROXonROX

ROXonROXonROX Member

Tilman said it already that some trees that you think will happen won’t happen