1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Poll] BIDEN v trump debates

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Astrodome, Jul 9, 2020.

?

How many debates will occur?

1. 0

42.1%
  2. 1

15.8%
  3. 2

26.3%
  4. 3+

15.8%
  1. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

lol

2. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Typical Trump Propaganda. One "OPINION" columnist writes a column... Trump Propaganda Outlet then runs purposefully misleading blast propaganda blanketing ALL MEDIA, Liberals, and the Biden campaign as not only sharing the same OPINION, but trying to conflate that they are ACTUALLY DOING what one person had an OPINION that they should look at doing.

The only question is what kind of ignorant human being buys into that crap, and what type of right wing activist spends their time on internet forums blasting pro-Trump right wing propaganda???

jiggyfly and Reeko like this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

davidio840 and Os Trigonum like this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

5. edwardc

edwardc Member

Biden shouldn't debate him without 45 showing his taxes never has there ever been a president not shown his taxes.

Astrodome likes this.
  6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yes. Hillary won them. Most of the Republicans debating him in the primaries won them. If the goals is "Debate Win" virtually everyone with half a brain can easily win a debate.

But that's not the issue at hand. It's not about winning any debate that Trumpers are judging Trump's performance on. It's a show to them. They watch to see him throw in "SICK BURN!!"'s and just treat the entire process as a clown show because its about entertainment for them. It's not about a real debate.

So how does Biden handle it? How do the moderators handle it? Probably by doing what you would do with any 3 year old throwing a tantrum. Ignore them and allow them to process that their methods do not work to get what they want.

In Biden's opening monologue in the debate he needs to address very openly to the American people that if Trump decides to debate the issues tonight, he's happy to do so, but the moment that my opponent disrespects this process I will show the American People the respect they deserve to completely disregard what happens on the other side of the stage and talk directly to you... the American People about My Vision for the Country, and sincerely address how to solve the many deep challenges plaguing our country... TOGETHER.

Something like that, and act as if Trump is not even there with him on stage the rest of the night.

gifford1967, Reeko, R0ckets03 and 2 others like this.
  7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is an actual risk regarding debating Trump. The Republican primary debates greatly propelled Trump largely because Jeb, Rubio, et al weren't prepared at all for how essentially childish Trump was. In a crowded field that got Trump attention and then forced them to come down to Trump's level. When Rubio made the comment about how small Trump's hands were and how that related to another part of his anatomy Trump pretty much won the nomination.

In the general while Clinton destroyed Trump on substance many of Trump's supporters and even some pundits felt Trump won. They felt he won because he was stubborn and petulant. They felt the "I know what you are, but what am I?" was effective fighting back because much of our culture largely doesn't know what real debate is anymore. Trump as a master of TV understood that it's not about plans and substance but it's all about attitude. The same reason why Real Housewives is one of the most popular shows is why so many look at Trump as being a fighter.

The danger for Biden is to get caught up in the Trump show. Biden himself is prone to dumb stunts such as challenging someone to do pushups with him. If Biden gives into those urges to counter Trump insults that's a win for Trump.

Nolen, davidio840, Andre0087 and 3 others like this.
  8. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

R0ckets03 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  9. CCorn

CCorn Member

Biden will do fine in a debate. Trump will refuse to answer any questions and just say “GREAT” a bunch of times. His idiot “silent majority” sheep that never shut up will celebrate his defeat over the libtards all over social media.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Looks like we both posted almost the same thought at the same time.

I agree with this that Biden will need to ignore Trump. It's going to be difficult as Trump will do everything he can to get under Biden's skin and Biden's discipline isn't always great.

I've always felt Biden's real strength is talking about grief and showing empathy. Biden talking grief and relating to someone going through grief is very powerful. Biden annoys me a lot and I can't stand the show the View but I was blown away by this clip of him talking to Meghan McCain.

If he can capture that on a debate stage with Trump who has no ability to empathize Biden wins going away.

FranchiseBlade and dobro1229 like this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I agree with all of this with a few caveats.

First it really feels like people are aware of what Trump does, and are sick of it........ also having a pandemic and economic issues makes it even less cute. Trump before was the hunted, and the world was relatively in good shape.

Second, both candidates obviously have lost a little off their fastball....... so God only knows what happens.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I knew Hilary Clinton. Hilary Clinton was a friend of mine. And Joe Biden, sir, is no Hilary Clinton. ;)

Astrodome likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

One more plus for Biden. I voted that there will be two debates because I don't think there will be a Town Hall debate. I think them standing just at a podium with only the two of them about 10 feet apart helps Biden because that is where the candidates appear presidential. The format of them sitting at a table and essentially having a conversation with the moderator also helps Biden because it limits the bombast of Trump. While both play to audiences I think a town hall debate suits Trump better. It allows him to move around and interact.

Jayzers_100 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. dmoneybangbang

Yea.... Clinton crushed Trump in the debates.
    If only it can be settled by pushups...

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  15. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

We don't need any debates. Trump can call people names and ramble like a fool on his own time.

R0ckets03 and mdrowe00 like this.
  16. Nook

Nook Member

Trump: "Sleepy Joe. He is so sleepy and uh yeah you know tremendously senile. I mean yeah there were rumors he was sleeping in the green room. That is what people said. Go Redskins! Let's build a wall like Stonewall Jackson!"

Biden: "You want some of this corn pop? I freed the slaves, Jack! I knew Stonewall Jackson and he was a sonofabitch.!"

Trump: "Someone help, my orange tan is itching really bad. Does this have lead in it? Is it from Chi-na?"

Biden: "Let's take it outside you sonofabitch."

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I would advise Biden to not debate. Politicians pivot and stuff, but Trump does not debate in good faith at all.

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

19. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If a fist fight breaks out, biden would would win unless he lets trump's fat ass sumo bump him off the stage.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

Sadly this could very well happen in a debate.