1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[POLL] Always Sunny vs. The Office

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by theimpossibles1, Jul 26, 2019.

?

Which show is better?

1. The Office (US)

2. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

You really need to start from the beginning. At the minimum season 2.

tmoney1101 likes this.
  2. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It's a night and day difference. They flipped a switch and never looked back.

3. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

I loved the show outside of aziz. Tom Haverford is one of the most annoying characters ever created. The season where he’s dating Ann Perkins is unwatchable for me. It just seemed so forced almost like he requested that be written in because he was getting popular outside of the show. I’m not a fan of his I know a lot of people like him but I just can’t take the whiny delivery.

Roscoe Arbuckle and tierre_brown like this.
  4. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

This is triggering my ocd.

BigM likes this.
  5. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

6. body slam

body slam Member

I started Sunny when it was on Netflix. It was good but after awhile I lost interest. Never watched the office.

7. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

combine both with parks and rec and you get Brooklyn 99...

8. likestohypeguy

Kind of polar opposites, both great.

The office- more polished & focused, overall higher level of production, generally more palatable from top to bottom (for me personally, and definitely more so to a wider audience demo), but will never laugh as hard or as often, and way too many very special moments. That stuff does draw you in, a cheap easy emotional connection, but mostly eye roll inducing. Season one and most of two though, on their own were magical. While it still existed mostly in its own space, when just starting to poke into the outside world was its peak, before characters ad circumstances got so messy, that kind of undermined the shows best attribute.

Always sunny- more dynamic, higher highs/lower lows, outrageously hilarious mind blowing comedic concepts and acting, a show that can never exist in the background when it's on in a room like the office can. But then at times it almost gets unwatchable, when they're all screaming at the same time, scenes being at an 11 just to be at an 11, when the substance behind is lacking, the concept not fully baked... is kind of their own cheap trick. This doesn't matter to most, and is not a huge deal, but always sunny has a massive edge in intro and music. There are some shows even when binging I never "skip intro" on like stranger things and GOT... AS is not quite on that level, but the music and the way the intro is shot, just feels so familiar and warm, ironically at odds with the show's content, I never skip it. Started skipping the office's intro pretty quickly.

I like comparing, but try to avoid ranking. It's the very special moments/episodes that are kind of a deal breaker for me, why always sunny, seinfeld, and arrested development all kind of exist in their own mount rushmore with me.

#28 likestohypeguy, Jul 29, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
  9. Buck Turgidson

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Always sunny for me. Frankly don’t get the appeal of the office...didn’t think it was that funny honestly. Something awkward, character looks at camera, repeat. Shrug.

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

The first season of his show on Netflix is good. I’ve never watched parks and rec not his standup though

12. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think the office probably had more consistent funny episodes/seasons but Sunny had a much higher peak of comedy. If I had a to pick one and only one to watch for the rest of my light it would be Sunny and not even really close though. I can understand though if people would prefer the Office.

IMO I would prefer parks and rec over the office myself.

13. Acura

Acura Member

**** you