1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police vs Family of 8 Arizona Wal-Mart

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Blatz, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

I did do a search and I couldn't find anything so hopefully it hasn't been posted.

This is freaking crazy

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jEnuSVQe8E4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Link to a article about it.

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/04/294313-christian-performers-arizona-walmart-get-brawl-cops-now-one-person-dead-reaching-gun/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=organic&utm_content=conservativedaily&utm_campaign=Crime

And I screwed up the title, "Wat-Mart"? :)

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I would have shot them in the back 8 times, then handcuffed them and tased them. Then the K9 unit comes in for some

1 person likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I read about this yesterday and it blew my mind. Sounded almost too wild to be true. The video proves what happened was actually beyond words.

This is a great example of police restraint. Kudos to these officers. Need more like 'em.

4. hooroo

hooroo Member

was the guy who was going rocky marciano on members of the family a walmart employee or one of their own?

5. VanityHalfBlack

You people are Nazis, you're hitting children.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

cop shot himself in the leg? lol

7. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Those cops are surprisingly bad brawlers. I couldn't even tell what they were trying to do for the first few minutes. They'd throw some soft and inaccurate punches, then they'd stop and the guy they punched would get up, and then they're move on to start punching another guy, and so and and so on.

Just very weird, the whole thing.

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The officers were outnumbered nearly 2 to 1. In a chaotic brawl like that, if you're outnumbered, you want to create space so you don't get blindsided. At the beginning, I count 4 officers and a Walmart employee vs the family of 8.

Credit to those officers for showing incredible restraint. No firearms were drawn until one of the Gaver's fought over an officer's weapon and shot the officer in the leg. They would have been justified drawing them earlier to gain control of the situation after punches, pepper spray, Tasers, and batons were ineffective.

9. Juxtaposed Jolt

Wait, so was that a religious cult? "Matthew 24 Now?"

Also, at 0:42 of the video, of the dude on the very right of the screen / fight: was that guy a random bystander who just wanted into the fight? lol

10. Blatz

If it's the guy I think you are talking about he is most likely an asset protection associate with walmart.

11. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

LOL, like you can tell that from the video. The cop likely pulled his own weapon which resulted in a dead guy and a bullet in his own leg. They could have easily waited for the cavalry and beat these guys to dust.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

LOL and you can obviously tell the cop shot himself in the leg because that's what cops do when someone is on top of them.

You're right, though. The cops should have called timeout and waited for cavalry to arrive.

13. Blatz

That Asset Protection Associate may have lost his job for helping out too.

14. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Now this is how to try to handle a situation. This was way worse than that guy running away from from the cops and got shot in the back. But the cops kept their cool and only used deadly force when it was absolutely necessary.

15. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

Had that been a black family...

16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Cops would have got their ass beat.

17. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I generally feel like cops act ridiculous a lot of times. But this is an instance where I think they showed too much restraint. They should have created separation and pulled their weapons much sooner than have a 4v8 fight with a bunch of psychos.

Glad none of the cops died.

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

wish i had a cool family like that

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Haven't watched the full video, but at 1:45 the big guy at the far right just drops like a rock so you'd think he just got tasered. But he gets up almost immediately and resumes being a punching doll for some other man-child.

20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Wow! From what I see in the video that family definitely has issues! The police were doing their job by trying to separate the crowd and gain control! Get down is not so hard to comprehend or follow, but as we can see people want to act as if the law officers have no authority and want to completely ignore the instructions. I'm truly surprised that the police didn't completely go postal on them! That person who kept saying they are children and calling the officer a nazi ( dad I assume) should be flogged for raising offspring that can't discern the situation at hand! Now one family member is dead and the majority if not all will be doing time for assaulting police officers!

As far as the race comment is concerned, that's neither here nor there! We can't say definitively that the outcome would not of been the same! So let's try to avoid going there.