1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Shot South of Tacoma, WA

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by rocketsjudoka, Nov 29, 2009.

1. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

There were witnesses who saw him enter the coffee shop so that is how they figured out who he was.

It does seem pretty weird to me but this guy is a repeat offender who might just be hardened enough to take out four cops especially with the element of surprise. I don't think the police let him escape but think this might be a mixture of false leads and even some flat out incompetence.

2. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

If he had two guns then I could see him taking out 4 cops. I don't how it would be possible to get off 4 kill shots with 1 gun.

3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

He told friends of his he was going to shoot cops. Then, when he did, the friends called police. After the shooting, he went to friends for help. They helped him and dropped him off in this neighborhood. Then the police came to their house and they admitted helping him. That's how they found him so quickly. How they then lost him so quickly, I don't know.

I think more cops will die before he's caught. Since they lost the trail, he'll again get an element of surprise on a cop. And, since eventual capture is inevitable, and a maximum penalty is essentially already guaranteed, there's no reason he shouldn't shoot. :(

4. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You know, ya'll rag on the guy so much. Yet, I've seen numerous tragic threads where people make inopportune jokes that I think should be found offensive. They don't get any backlash for it. Fatty says it and he immediately gets scorned. Not saying he is right, but there is major bias on any FFB post. Not even saying it is unwarranted. It's just kinda strange.
    <br>
    Back on topic: I don't think I have ever heard of a situation like this outside of the movies. Sad stuff...

5. JuanValdez

Why not? They didn't see it coming. They're sitting looking at computers with guns holstered and he gets to fire at close range. Regsitering that someone just shot your coworker and then pulling your gun while sitting at a table probably takes long enough that someone who is prepared and calm can squeeze off quite a few shots.

6. vaioavan63

vaioavan63 Contributing Member

you're absolutely correct. This is a terrible tragedy but I couldn't help but chuckle at Fatty's terminator reference. Thus I wanted to leave him some rep but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

7. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

8. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I don't think we've had a good holed up in a house situation since Andrew Cunanan.

It's pretty jacked up. Hopefully, this is him. Lock this dude up fo life. What the hell was he doing on the street in the first place?

9. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He is a dead man. This guy killed 4 cops, I doubt the cops hold back on the trigger.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Guess that makes sense. But still, how did they let this guy get out.

CNN said they won't show live video of it. FOX keeps showing crap from the Mizzou townhall throw down.

11. slcrocket

slcrocket Contributing Member

Turns out guy wasn't in there. This might take a while.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Good call. I was thinking the same thing.

13. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

14. JuanValdez

Now the story will turn to his family members who helped him get away. I can understand being upset with them for doing that; more people could have been killed because they helped him. At the same time, I don't know if I would have done any differently.

15. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

If some friend or family member shows up at your door armed, with a gunshot wound, and having killed four cops, then I would probably help not out of some obligation but in fear for my own life. That is a terrible situation to be placed in. If any of them were helping him cause they thought it was great he shot and killed four cops, then they can rot in prison for all I care.

16. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hopefully I will never have to deal with a family member shooting four cops and going on the run..

17. Jayou

Jayou Member

According to this story, the friends/family who aided the cop killer did the following knowingly:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/12/01/washington.suspect.shot/index.html

These people can rot in hell.