1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police pepper spray Wake County teen inside his home after he's mistaken for burglar

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by mr. 13 in 33, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

Then Obama could say they acted "stupidly."

Thanks for a enlightening response. We/cops can only go off of what dispatch tells us. They aren't always right. Matter of fact, they often exaggerate what is going on. They can only go off of the caller's statements. Callers are sometimes ramped up.

2. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Only black people aren't racist. Everybody else is damn racist.

3. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

like your sig?

4. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

[​IMG]

5. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Open-and-shut case, Johnson.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The fact that this "happens all the time" might mean we should try to change the system rather than assume what was the outlier in this case because it made a "good headline"

7. dback816

dback816 Member

If you have a magical way to turn all the young men of the world into docile sheeps, please do share.

8. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Jerk are extremely over represented in the ranks of law enforcement.

9. likestohypeguy

Well sprinkle some crack on him & let's get out of here.

10. DAROckets

DAROckets Contributing Member

After seeing his picture I can see cops being skeptical , dude looks 30 years old

11. Steve_Francis_rules

Actually, he didn't walk in the front door. The article said his parents left the side door open for him. I'm confused why a teenager didn't have a key to his own home. :confused:

12. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Legalize mar1juana

13. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I have never had any negative dealings with police (knock on wood). I am, however, a documentary and true-crime buff, so I have read thousands stories on the subject. I have read enough to know that speaking to the police without a lawyer present can be a very stupid (and life changing) decision, whether innocent or guilty. Cops would never advise their family members to speak to police without a lawyer. They know the drill way too well.

I am also smart enough to not lip off to a police. The only time I have ever done that was in college when a cop tried to make us leave a friend's house. He told us to get in our cars and leave or he would ticket my friend for a noise violation. I had to explain to the guy that we were all drunk and none of us were getting behind the wheel, and that what he wanted was not going to happen. Needless to say, he came around to my thinking.

14. Anas acuta

Anas acuta Member

I have personally seen numerous instances where cooperation has cleared someone's name. If you're absolutely not guilty and don't have anything to hide, it can be pretty easy to clear your name.

If I got brought into the homicide office, when I know damn good and well I don't have anything to hide or lie about, I'm not going to sit there like a deaf mute. I'm going to make sure my story pans out and be sent on my way.

15. FishBulb913

FishBulb913 Contributing Member

Being in the homicide office versus your own home are 2 completely different situations. Poor example.

16. body slam

body slam Member

just curious what exactly did the police do wrong?

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Norfolk Four

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/1Gm4xnJ_BDc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It concerns me that you're a cop but you don't know the prevalence of false confessions.

19. baubo

baubo Member

I don't know any underlying racism in the polices' minds, but isn't it a GOOD thing that they're using pepper spray instead of something much more deadly? Seems like we should be promoting these kinds of actions to clear up misunderstandings when today, gun advocates are constantly talking about shooting burglars with guns.

If I happen to run into a misunderstanding like this, I'd much prefer to have the police pepper spray me instead tasing me or god forbid pull out a gun.

20. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Heck, it concerns me he's a cop and doesn't know how to get one. Sounds like a non-minority parent in a principal's office: "if he said he didn't do it, he didn't do it."