1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Crash a Pool Party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Blatz, Jun 7, 2015.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

really bad cop who's a bully and a racial profiler. made a peaceful dissolving situation much much worse. he was the escalator!!! seriously, where did this idiot get his training and how did he pass. should be fired on pure incompetence.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Irellevent. Also, there are two sides to every story.
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/t...ded-after-pulling-weapon-on-teens#.trBXWEEgLX

Allegedly, the individual who called 911 was shouting racial slurs at the kids who btw had a right to be there as they all had guest passes to the pool.

And it's still irrelevant to why an officer would slam a 14 year old girl to the ground who was in the process of walking away, a ****ing command she was following in the first place.

Again, tell me what the officer prevented by slamming the 14 year old girl in her bikini to the ground by her hair. Tell me.

3. fchowd0311

And should be charged with assaulting a minor.

4. Nook

Nook Member

No, that is part of the problem we are seeing now.

If an officer says shut up and get down, you shut up and get down.

There is ZERO payoff to standing and arguing with an officer in the middle of a situation.

5. fchowd0311

BTW, the story this guy is trying to sell is not corroborating with reality as only ONE individual in this entire incident was charged with something. ONE...

He made it sound like it was Chiraq in his backyard.

6. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

7. Mr. Clutch

Well they're probably not going to charge a bunch of teens for getting rowdy. Just try to get them out of there

8. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

could have had a proper investigation, especially against that DJ (who would be at fault for everything) if that cop was any good. instead he sucks at his job and now he's the story, rightfully so.

9. fchowd0311

No, the problem we are seeing now is we allow officers to be infallible and believe all their arbitrary commands are correct and legal.

In the military a mere Corporal as myself could tell a CO to **** off(tactfully) if his commands are not legal.

We reached a point in our society were a military commander who has more education and experience than a mere LE officer is more fallible than the LE officer. Just because he is shouting arbitrary commands does not mean it should be followed.

BTW, a officer should have the training to zone out unwanted noise from individuals who talking 'too much'.

10. fchowd0311

Can you tell me how this piece of alleged information changes the judgement that should be placed on the officer on how he treated the girl?

11. Mr. Clutch

It doesn't but it would explain why he's rounding the kids up.

The original story was that one racist white lady ocmplained

12. Nook

Nook Member

We are not talking about the military.

If an officer tells you to be quite and get down, you be quiet and you get down.

Officers are not acting appropriately in too many cases and that needs to be addressed and improved. However, the WRONG response is to refuse simple commands such as get down and shut up when in the middle of a stressful situation.

If you want to respond but refusing commands and arguing, feel free.... have fun escalating the situation.

13. fchowd0311

Go to the 45 second mark of the video. The other officer had everything under control talking calmly and questioning a group of children on what was going on. The children were calm and reporting what was going on. Out of the blue, Mr. Solid Snake arbitrarily decided to shout commands to go to the ground at the very same children that were calmly talking to his peer for no apparent reason. This guy is LOL worthy.

14. fchowd0311

So please tell me what I should do when I'm calmly talking to an officer, answering his questions and then out of the blue another officer just randomly yells at me to get on the ground while I'm being interviewed and apparently doing everything correctly since the other officer had no problem with me standing up and talking to him. No, an officer like him deserves to have his arbitrary commands questioned.

#114 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

16. Nook

Nook Member

He is dangerous and does not have the proper mind set to be a police officer. Also this happened in a wealthy, relatively safe area of Dallas.... this isn't the South Side of Chicago or rural Tennessee with a bunch of meth addicts running around..... Hell, even if it was at night, or the people were older, or there were reports of a gun; I would be more understanding.

17. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Bingo. Many unnecessary deaths and outrage could be prevented if this advice were followed.

/thread

18. Nook

Nook Member

That isn't what happened in the video..... and that isn't what happens 99% of the time.... that isn't even remotely the circumstance. In fact I don't think I have even heard of or read of a situation where there is a calm discussion with an officer where another officer comes out of left field and screams "get on the ground".

What would I do in your hypothetical? I personally would get on the ground and let the two officers figure it out. I sure wouldn't start arguing with the officer, NOTHING positive comes out of that.

Whether or not his command deserves to be questioned is irrelevant. Have a problem with the command? File a report, go to the media, petition to have the officer fired.... but standing and arguing is foolish under the circumstances and with the power dynamics at issue.

19. fchowd0311

So you haven't answered my question.

Answer me this. What did the officer prevent by taking down a 14 year old girl in her bikini while she is in the process of walking away, a command the officer gave her in the first place?

20. fchowd0311

Are you serious? Go the the 45 second mark of the video. That is EXPLICITLY WHAT HAPPENED. The other officer was calmly questioning the 3 children and out of the blue the other officer shouted at them and approached them in a aggressive manner to sit down. Are you watching the same video as me?

So what you are saying is because one officer decided he had a bad day and decided he was going to be a dick that day, I have to take time out of my own life to handle the situation AFTER the incident happened to me? No, I would rather resolve it while it's happening and calmly, not aggressively, ask the officer what exactly are you trying to accomplish here. We need to reach a point in society were we can confront officers out of control while it's happening in a calm manner and not be shoved to the ground.

The fact that Bigtexxx agrees with you should raise suspicion in our reasoning.

#120 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015