1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Police Crash a Pool Party

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Blatz, Jun 7, 2015.

1. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Please tell me what's acceptable about somebody not following the police's orders, and forcing them to physically restrain them.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Regardless of what else went on how can you watch that video and say the cop acted appropriately. Especially when that was the only cop on the scene acting like a d@mn fool. The other officers there were cool and in control. One of the officers even grabbed the out of control cop when he pulled out his gun on those kids.

But I'm not surprised at all that there will be people that believe the cop's behavior was justified.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

That's the problem with people like you. For you, authority figures are above reproach. She WAS FOLLOWING HIS ORDERS. He told her to walk away. She did. I didn't know it's illegal to talk back at a officer while walking away. Also, the officer's orders were arbitrary and out of control. He was using profanity at random individuals who were doing nothing wrong. He treated no one with respect. These kids were at a ****ing birthday party. The incident the officers responded to was a fight between a white older lady and a 18 year old black lady. No one else was doing anything wrong.

By the way, usually when a officer slams an individual to the ground, it entails that the individual did something worth having charges put on said individual. Guess what, this girl and every individual in the vicinity had no charges filed against them besides one individual. Intact, towards the end of the video, the other officer removed the hand cuffs off the the girl. You don't slam people to the ****ing ground unless they pose an imminent threat. Tell me how a 14 year old girl in a ****ing bikini is an imminent threat. Stop arguing losing battles Texxx.

The onus is on the allegedly highly trained LE officer to zone out ****ing 'harsh' words and not have his ****ing feelings hurt to the point of body slamming a 14 year old girl. This guy has no place in being a LE officer.

#83 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2015
  4. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Because many policeman are uneducated simpletons who are clueless as to what they are doing a lot of the time and simply bark unsubstantiated or even illegal orders to get a power trip that they haven't been on since they peaked at 16 years old.

5. bigtexxx

Your bias is showing. Let's get all the facts on the table here, and then make a judgment, rather than simply parrot back your pre-existing biases from what you've seen on bossip and huffpo.

6. bigtexxx

Upon re-watching the video, the guy in the blue shirt who ran up to the cop was definitely in the wrong -- the cop appeared right to pull his gun due to that threat.

7. fchowd0311

The video has all the sufficient evidence required to make an informed decision that the girl posed no imminent threat to warrant a slam to the ground by her hair. I'm sorry, just stop it. You are looking like a fool.

8. bigtexxx

Did she resist? Yes or no?

9. fchowd0311

As a human with any semblance of empathy, it would take every muscle in my body to stop myself from stopping a officer from assaulting a 14 year old girl in a bikini because I know it would be a loosing battle for me. That guy has more balls than me or you. That guy did nothing wrong. He was being a good samaritan. He saw a young girl being assaulted and his instincts kicked in to attempt to rescue her.

10. fchowd0311

Did she resist having herself slammed to the ground by having her hair pulled? Yes. I would to. Just because the ****er had a badge, doesn't mean it's right. That is something that you will have to learn one day.

11. fchowd0311

A citizen with a CCL could have legally shot the officer. You can legally defend someone against an officer's excessive force in Texas.

(c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified: (1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest or search; and
    (2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the peace officer's (or other person's) use or attempted use of greater force than necessary. -
    See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/txstatutes/PE/2/9/C/9.31#sthash.G2JOW0l1.dpuf

#91 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
  12. fchowd0311

Answer me this Texxx. What would have occurred if the officer you are defending DID NOT slam her to the ground and let her continue what she was doing which was walking away from the scene while having some words? Tell me what the officer exactly prevented by slamming a 14 year old in her bikini to the ground by her hair. I think phrasing the question that way will further exemplify the egregious nature of the officer's actions.

13. bigtexxx

It's important to understand what happened before the video began -- why was the officer asking the people to stay put? Did an investigation need to be conducted? Fleeing the scene when an investigation needed to be conducted is a problem.

14. fchowd0311

Are you an actual mentally challenged individual or are you just trolling now? HE EXPLICITLY TOLD HER AND THE GROUP SHE WAS WITH TO GO AWAY. AND SHE WAS IN THE PROCESS OF DOING THAT. He actually went out of his way to approach the girl that was walking away which he told her to do in the first place to attempt a ****ing take down maneuver by pulling her hair.

Like I said... Just stop it Texxx.

#94 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
  15. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

You are once again responding to an argument that nobody is making.

As I stated in my previous post, based solely on that video, it appeared that the cop acted overzealously. If that is determined to be the case, as I expect it very well may be, then he should be held accountable to the current law and expectations of police conduct in that situation.

However, as we have seen time and time again, these media promoted racially motivated one-sided perspectives are usually incomplete at best and flat out misleading and wrong at worst.

But I'm not surprised at all that there will be people that believe that this and other cops should be judged and condemned without having all the relevant evidence considered, and without any due process under the law.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Look this isn't THAT hard.

I understand that 3 officers, dealing with literally 100 people running in different directions, in front of them, behind them, and all trying to talk to the officer at the same time has to be difficult and stressful.

Should everyone had done what they were told? Yes, if an officer in the middle of a stressful situation tells you to shut up and get across the street, you are a fool if you don't listen, if nothing else you are contributing to making the situation more stressful and possibly putting yourself at risk.

Having said that, these were mostly 14-15 year old kids. There was no evidence of any violence other than an isolated fight. Reacting in an unpredictable manner by a trained police officer only made the situation worse. He clearly was not in control of his own emotions. He was running at 14-15 year old kids running across the street, someone could have easily been hit by a car. He then started to preach to a group of kids in the middle of the mayhem. Then he got upset that a 14-15 year old girl was running her mouth. Should she have? No, she was stupid but she is 14-15 and didn't deserve to be thrown on the ground.

Very lucky that no one was shot. The officer didn't pull his gun on the girl, he pulled it when a man came up behind him. Still, all the officer did was escalate the situation.

Two of the three officers were great, they were calm and in control. The third officer? No.... the idea is to keep the peace, you serve the citizenry and the point isn't to flex your muscles but resolve the situation.

17. apollo33

apollo33 Member

no the question is was the girl told she was under arrest, because if she was just told to walk away then there is no "resisting" as you say, and there is absolutely no ground for the officer to physically detain her.

the officer in question is already sent on administrative leave, and from the video no other cop acted the same way as him towards the teens, it is reasonable at this point to assume what he did was not even close to standard practice and he will most likely be charged with assault.

18. bigtexxx

19. fchowd0311

I think we should be past the point where we follow a LE officer's arbitrary commands to 'shut up' just because he said so.

#99 fchowd0311, Jun 8, 2015
  20. manbearpig

manbearpig Member

This guy trolls every possible discussion. As soon as people start responding to him the thread goes to crap and I stop reading.

You know he's an idiot why can't y'all just stop responding. He's getting pleasure out of egging everyone on. I mean just look at his signature - his goal is to mock black people, or "n*****s" as he refers to them.