1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Feel free to add me btw, live in Germany so you get extra xp:
    2396 6847 2569

2. Reeko

Reeko Member

I’d be shocked if more than just a small group of people still play this...I’ve heard absolutely zero buzz about this game for like a year

the hype when it 1st came out was crazy, but it seems dead to me...people have moved on to the next thing

if this is actually still a thing then I’d truly be surprised

3. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

Its definitely still a thing. Lots of loyal players. They do special events pretty often, and when they do, you can see people at parks looking for the special things. Right now its team rocket and "shadow" pokemon.

4. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Anyone here still playing?
    Currently community fest with a ton of boni and good raids, they also introduced a remote raid feature that really breathed new life into the game.

You can basically participate in raids from everywhere if they are either on your screen or if a friend invites you, so now you can raid with ppl all over the world and don't need a local group.

5. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Kids and I play. Did you pay the $14.99 to participate in the event? I liked the legendary events a month or so back where you got Ho-Oh, MewTwo, Groudon, and Cresselia as rewards. I wish there were more of those that didn’t cost $.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I’m surprised after all of this time that more companies haven’t used this platform to make other games.

7. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

The Harry Potter one really sucked, shame because I was looking forward to it.

They have a Dragon Quest version that is doing incredibly well in Japan, but I kinda doubt they'll bring it to the West (DQ never did that well here unfortunately).

My brother played a Jurassic World one for a bit, seemed okay but in the end you can realistically only really play one of these when going out and Pokémon has a huge market share so it's tough to break into the niche.

8. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

I played a lot less last month due to moving and quitting my job, so I missed out on that one.

I forgot about the celebration weekend until yesterday and didn't buy the pass, so unfortunately missed out on the Groudon and Kyogre day, I especially would've loved to have Groudon.

Sunday went well tho, shared my friend code on Twitter so I now have a ton of friends and was able to remote-raid with many ppl, netting me 2-3 each of Giratina, Dialga and Palkia.

Feel free to add me, my code is 2396 6847 2569.

9. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Did the Go Fest this weekend. Purchasing the ticket was worth it for me, as i got the 3 legendary birds plus a couple more legendaries. Started doing remote raids and got several of the Giratina, Dialga and Palkia as well.