1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. RocketBlood

RocketBlood Contributing Member

Sad to see beta males playing this crap.

#561 RocketBlood, Jul 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I feel your pain. I get so pissed using all my balls. I'm at 22, and am constantly having Pokemon get away. It takes so long to rebuild a stash of Ultraballs and Greatballs because you have to throw more of them and you aren't leveling up and getting free ones. I was at a local Pokestop haven and got 140+ Pokeballs, but only 4 Ultraballs. Luckily, I've got enough Bulbasaurs to go ahead and evolve to a Venusaur. I'm also 80% of the way towards my Gyrados.

3. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I used to be super into Street Fighter (who wasn't), but fighting games in general grew stale for me (Marvel was a cool gimmick). They should apply this tech to Street Fighter and revolutionize fighting games.

Ryu's whole shtick - traveling the world to find the best battles.

Gyms = places you fight different characters or train...

Stops = new gear, new moves, XP to increase categorized fighting stats, etc...

Let me know when it's done, Capcom.

4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

I used to toss regular balls in favor of premium ones but I have not seen a reward in using them so I just toss whatever I have now. I've had 50 CP pidey's break out of ultra balls with a razz berry and I've caught 800 CP pinsirs with no berry and regular balls.

The in game reward for using rare balls just isn't real enough to care.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

They really need a system to trade items. I'd trade 3 Ultra balls for each hyper potion I could get my hands on.

6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I believe it has to do with two things a) how accurate your throw is and b) the color of the circle. It doesn't seems much at all related to CP. At least that's the pattern I have noticed so far.

7. Bandwagoner

The color changes based on the ball you select.

I have had "Great" and "Excellent" throws bust out. I've seen people claim it matters, but I think that only changes XP. The biggest factor seems to be how many balls they have broken out of. A good tip might be change to regular balls if it breaks out of premium balls.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That's a great idea. They need to update and improve the game. Lots of people just get tire and bore after a while. I'm almost there.

Like to see trade as you said, but extend to trade with nearby, or maybe trainers on the same team.

Like to see 1-1 competition (without gym)

Need to fix the 3 step bug.

Need to update their server or modify to be run more locally.

Social communication (team play at least).

Choice to throwing ball or FIGHT to capture pokemon. Less emphasis on the ball especially at higher level when balls are less effective.

9. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

It does, but is representative of how likely they are to break out of a given ball. If something is red with an Ultra Ball...you got no shot at it with a regular ball.

10. Bandwagoner

That's what you would think but not how it plays out for me when playing. It all seems completely random until they break out of a 2-3 balls and then you can catch them with anything.

Pidgeys and Rattatas very rarely run so I just let them break out of balls. The only time I use premium balls on purpose now is if it is a Pokemon I really need.

11. sew

sew Member

For those of you struggling with wasting balls. Try this trick. Saving me a lot of balls.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7aiWIgv0_YA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

There is some randomness in the game so nothing is absolute, but it is not completely random. It would be boring if you did X and Y always happened. That said, I will say it wouldn't surprise me if game makers rigged it such that Pidgeys and Rattatas are harder to catch after level 20. I've gone to a more gym/egg based approach than a catch them all approach so I'm not as impacted.

If I'm walking and I have the choice of getting a Pokestop, getting a Pidgey, or slowing down to get both, I choose the Pokestop. Pokestops seem to be the rate limiting step whether you are grinding on catching Pokemon or htting the gyms like a madman.

13. Bandwagoner

They definitely rigged it. That isn't even up for question.

When I walk, I just go for the Pokestop first and keep walking whilst throwing balls. They game is horrible at tracking distance so I can't justify that (XP is more increased by just catching everything) but I like walking and hatching eggs.

14. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I see JCDenton dropping Pokemon in gyms all over north Austin. What's up bro??? Go team Mystic

15. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

This guy didn't create that, we've been using that since the game came out. What he fails to tell you is that often enough it bugs out your game. It causes a huge shadow to fall over the Pokemon and the game freezes. It does work for an easy way to catch the Pokemon but beware if it bugs out your game; when you get back in, the Pokemon may or may not still be there.

16. sew

sew Member

Yeah I just found out the hard way, lost a chance at a Dratini. Oh well, still useful for farming pidgeys/rattata/zubats.

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm more concerned with the hard to replace Great & Ultra balls.

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

the struggle is real out in the burbs....out of pokeballs....

19. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Jeez, ran into another GPS spoofer last night. At least this guy was on my team this time. I feel like I'm the idiot here for not doing it.

20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'd prefer it if he was on the other team so I could take it from him.....