1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. hvic

hvic Member

how many pokemon did you evolve? I am just curious and have not used the egg yet.

2. what

what Member

I don't see this lasting very long.

3. hvic

hvic Member

I agree. I see it as a summer game and will die out when people are back in school. The hardcore pokemon trainers are the only ones that will continue playing. A friend of mine spend 100 bucks so far on this game.

4. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I'm thinking the updates might "refresh" the game to keep people interested. Trades, live battles, next gen pokemon, etc.

5. Buck Turgidson

It's all good with me, then Nintendo comes out with their mini old-school system and everyone will go apesh!t over that for a bit. Hell, even I'll buy a couple of those.

6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

This was supposed to just be a free game advertisement for Sun & Moon.

7. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Is that a lot of money to spend on this game? You guys haven't spent more than 100 on this game yet?

8. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Just got through using a lucky egg, incense, lure...evolved 24 pokemon. Went from halfway through level 10 to halfway through level 13.

9. rezdawg

What exactly do you need to spend money on?

Just incense and lucky eggs so that you are continuously getting XP to level up?

I have a bunch of Google Play Store credit, and would love to spend every dollar of it, but I just dont see any need to do that. Im not interested in using incense and lure so that I could add a bunch of Rattatas to my stash. Of course, I could continuously do that and keep evolving them to level up...but that's just a level of grinding/farming that makes the whole thing much less interesting to me.

10. K LoLo

K LoLo Member

I think the reasoning to do that, is because the expectation is to run into better pokemon, and be able to take over gyms, then another step, and then profit.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I'm guilty of spending money for egg incubators and bag space. Just seems much easier having 9 eggs incubating at a time. As for bag space, I tend to accumulate potions, revives while hunting pokemon to the point that I'd have to throw some out to maintain a working pokeball stash.

12. rezdawg

That makes sense. I have my free money to play with so was thinking of bag space previously. I'll get some incubators too.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

yeah, toss them all. I toss reg balls for the better ones now.

14. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Woo woo -- i'm on the bandwagon -- what the hell am I doing?

Edit: Where can I find a quick tutorial?

#394 KingCheetah, Jul 18, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Don't get into the stock market.

16. Buck Turgidson

He can sure sit at my poker table.

17. hvic

hvic Member

I'm not spending any money on a free app game

18. hvic

hvic Member

She bought balls, incense, eggs, lures and incubator on her first day of playing. She level up pretty quickly

19. gambingo

gambingo Member

Found a CP205 squirtle tonight after reaching lvl10. I used up a bunch of balls and berries just to catch it. Totally worth it though because my nephew got to take a picture with it lol.

20. Jontro

Jontro Member

Today on my way to work I saw a dude speeding (ok not speeding, but going pretty fast) on a motorbike with one hand on his phone. He spent more time looking down than the road in front of him. I overtook him to honk as a reminder, and turned out he was Pokemon-ing.

I hoped he hit a tree and self destructs so the news can cover it as a lesson to mankind of their stupidity.