1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Point guard alternatives

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zaam, Jul 1, 2013.

1. atwood

atwood Member

So you think Lin fans can't be the rockets fan at the same time? I am sure plenty people from this forum can prove you wrong on that. You have the right to be agitated by "Lin Only Fans" because of their extreme reaction. But there are still lots hard core Rockets fans like Lin and applause his contribution during the past season. If you can't see that, I am speechless.

2. ERC

ERC Member

(If I may rudely chime in...) It's beyond enthusiasm. I like Lin and am a fan of his, but even I find some of these "enthusiasm" way, way overboard.

Unlike chenyy9 who thinks Lin is mediocre, I actually think Lin is a very good PG with great potential. Having said that, Lin's game is not without flaws and even good players do occasionally have bad games. No player is above criticism. Even LeBron, who is known as the greatest player on the earth right now by general consensus, gets criticized by fans and media alike. But to some loyal Lin fans, Lin is beyond reproach. They would find excuses to justify Lin's mistakes, put the blame on others, or bash other players unfairly. Perhaps they are new to NBA fandom, perhaps Lin is not just their favorite player but their #1 idol, but the desire to defend/protect Lin can sometimes get too extreme. Like McHale is holding Lin back because he's jealous of Lin's fame. Seriously?! :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Where the hell did I say Lin fans cannot also be Rockets fans. I am fine with having Lin fans who become Rockets fans AS LONG AS THEY UNDERSTAND THAT ROCKETS COME FIRST HERE. The thing is:

1) LoF's are NOT Rockets fans, only for Jeremy Lin. That is why we call the LoF. These are asshats that only care about Lin and not the Rockets. I am completely fine with people who liked Lin, watched the Rockets because of Lin, and like the Rockets as well, just so long as they understand that here, Rockets come first.

2) Where did I say I did not see his contributions? Now you are just trying to make stuff up. I saw his contributions and that is why I am not clamoring for Rockets to get rid of him. What irritates me are posters who only care about Lin posting on this site. I have talked basketball with many people who like Lin but recognize him for what he is, a young PG that is currently mediocre but has a great work ethic and understands he needs to get better.

Again, I have nothing wrong with people who like Lin. I DO have a problem with r****ds who only like Lin coming on this forum acting like he is the best thing since sliced bread and trashing other players because they feel like they are stealing the spotlight from Lin.

4. tminusrex

tminusrex Rookie

uh I never say Lin is perfect. I think he's way too out of shape and a wimp sometimes but I get dogged as a LOF because I'm against all the trash talking he takes.

5. atwood

atwood Member

I saw people in this forum trashing players and coaches all the time. Almost every single player played for Rockets got trashed, including Yao and Tracy. JVG as the head coach was trashed. Rick Adelman was trashed sometimes. So what? It's part of the forum. You are trashing the LoF right now. You contribute to this culture too.

6. atwood

atwood Member

same here. Trash talking and being an internet tough guy is ridiculous...

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Is that seriously your freaking point now? There is a huge difference between criticizing a player and criticizing players, coaches, front offices because they don't prioritize a certain player the same way. If you cannot understand a concept as simple as "This is a Rockets forum not any single player", then you are beyond redemption as a Rockets fan. Whatever man, I am done talking with you. :rolleyes:

8. jason330i

jason330i Member

i don't know man... sounds like you are way to emotionally involved with your battle with the lin fans.

lin is a unique case where you have a whole bunch of new nba fans, some of whom probably knows nothing about basketball. instead of raging against some of their absurd comments, why not try to educate them on how the game is played and how the business side works.

anyway, i have a question. who do you think gets criticized the most on this forum: lin, mchale, harden, or beverley?

1 person likes this.
  9. chenjy9

Supporting Member

I am a very passionate Rockets fans so I sometimes let myself get drawn into their stupidity. I am willing to educate them, but most LoF's are not interested in getting educated, just worshiping their idol.

It would probably be Lin, McHale, Beverly, and Harden. Harden gets a lot of leeway because he is a star that we have literally been starving for. Because of that there does exist a double standard for him and he does get a free pass at times.

10. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

Colin Cowherd said on Mike and Mike that Patrick Beverley was gonna be the next great point guard. Let the hate flow! I suggest trading Lin to Detroit and T-Jones to Denver for a SnT on Andre, after Dwight of course.

1 person likes this.
  11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This. With some of them any attempt to educate is answered with more non factual bs or "you are just a hater", unbelievably annoying.

12. atwood

atwood Member

whatever, I am a hardcore Rockets fan and I am a Lin Fan as well. I guess someone here needs redemption.:grin:

13. kcd

kcd Member

What is chenjy going to say about this? That's quite a stretch. Good thing he didn't say Lin or chenjy might go off on him.

14. kcd

kcd Member

Just like Lin fans showing stats to prove others wrong, they're just called you're a LOF so you opinion doesn't count. Goes both ways.

15. kcd

kcd Member

your opinion

16. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I'm not talking about the Lin fans who actually know basketball and make actual legit arguments, if you read my post I did say "some" not all . I'm talking about the ones who cry about hate, trust, misuse and all that garbage and have no facts to back it up.

17. herro

herro Member

No he isn't.

18. megadon

megadon Member

I don't buy what Colin Cowherd says. He knows absolutely nothing about the Houston Rockets.

19. pass_to_Hakeem

20. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I have said MANY times before I consider Lin better. I am however, not personally invested in Lin and while I would like to see him stay and see if he improves, I would not mind at all trading him if it means bettering the team.