1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please stop complaining about fouls and get back on D

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BackNthDay, Jan 7, 2021.

1. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

This had permeated our entire roster, X rocket player drives to the bucket, misses the shot, falls to the floor, stays on the floor, and other team hits a 3 or layup. At what point does our primary scorers (James, John, Gordon, Boogie, etc...) recognize this and get back on D quickly while complaining. Not lay on the floor creating a mismatch on the defensive end.

Chasing_Chase, durvasa, J.R. and 4 others like this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

To be fair, I dont know how these guys avoided kicking the refs in the shins in the first half of that Dallas game.

But otherwise yes, I agree.

3. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Jail house rules......no blood no foul should be the mentality. Only problem is Boogie and Eric Gordon think
    blood is drawn every drive they take.

Im not a fan of either one of them. Yes, it can be contagious.

ROCK3TM4N and napalm06 like this.
  4. JW86

JW86 Member

Yup, this whiny attitude is another legacy left by Harden, CP3 and Gordon. Against Dallas it was definitely the 1st half understandable, 2nd half it was the other way around to rectify it though.

5. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

JVG would never let that persist. He used to get on Deke for complaining to the refs

6. Omihall23

Omihall23 Member

I actually think they do get fouled a decent amount, but they act like they're getting shot on EVERY single play. If I were a ref, I'd probably not give them many calls either because it's just a bad look. I feel like our team definitely whines about foul calls more than most teams.

7. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Whoa whoa why drag CP3 into this? That was a championship squad in 2018 and the whining was actually refreshing against all of the enablement Golden State usually got to grab, punch, pull, undercut, and hold.

Throughout a whole season when you're not playing a hated team... different story.

8. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

9. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I agree with this, it is infuriating. Fouls happen on both ends where refs miss the call or maybe it was a foul but not enough to call. One example is Wall trying to dribble between 2 opponents at the free throw line and then loosing the ball and complaining of a foul. Maybe he did get fouled but why are you dribbling into traffic at the free throw line? I tend to think that refs call fouls when you are being rightly aggressive and do not tend to call fouls when you are being reckless. This is why they will call a charge if the offensive player appears reckless or out of control even if the contact of the charge is minimal it will typically go against the out of control offensive player which is warranted IMO.

jch1911 likes this.
  10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I was fine when Harden and EG were the ones doing it, but Boogie, Wall, Wood and a couple other players are always crying for a foul. 75% of the team can't be whiners. I wish the Rockets best players weren't always crying.

ROCK3TM4N and jakedasnake like this.
  11. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

BTW, Boogie has no reason to complain at this point. I realize him, Wall, Gordon, etc. will never change but I really hope Silas calls them out soon because it will get worse. Look at yourself before you blame the refs for trying to dribble between 2 small guards or flop like you have been shot. Get up and play the game, have some fun since you have been deprived of it for so long.

Obviously Cousins, Wall, etc. are who they are which is passionate, fiery competitors. I get it but to blame the refs ALL OF THE TIME is a coward's way out. Look at yourself and see what you can change before automatically blaming someone else. I have a feeling it is only going to get worse unless Silas or a leader on the team speaks up. Maybe Tucker? He tends to complain when it is warranted but can keep his cool and walk off or get back on D when a call doesn't go his way.

Do we really think that ref is going to call a foul next time because Demarcus Cousins says it was a foul? From a ref's point of view, you always think it is a foul so why should I ever believe you?

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Here you whine and get back to being defensive at the same time.

DreamShook likes this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I would be more inclined to agree
    If we didn't gets some of the softest bullsh!t bail the offense out fouls on our end.
    There are times Our guys literally thrown to the ground with no call . .. only to hustle back and get called for a foul because the other team blew a layup.
    untouched

People says . ..well if you more aggressive you get the calls
    but in one game we were dominating the paint like 60 to 38
    and the other team STILL had more free throws

I hate the ONE SIDEDNESS of it all

I understand when boogie gets a foul for just standing there
    but goes to the other end and has his hand yanked off the ball by his arm with no calll

What the hell is with all the LATE WHISTLES this year
    Seems like we start up court before the whistle blows

Rocket River

snowconeman22 and DreamShook like this.
  14. alethios

alethios Member

Right or wrong, fouls or the lack of foul calls almost never get overturned and none were overturned by complaining. We do waste time arguing when we should be getting back on defense (Gordon, I'm looking at you).

snowconeman22 and jch1911 like this.
  15. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

if no one complain about foul it aint nba

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

[​IMG]

Rockets maybe the whiniest team in the league.
    Rockets never foul defensively; always fouled offensively.
    Or James turning it over and the “Ahh **** it” defense.
    You turned it over! Don’t yell at your teammate or the refs, get your ass back!

jch1911 likes this.
  17. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

I got to say that out of all these ridiculous and delusional threads in CF,

there is no more crazier and impossible than this one.

Even someone could mention that Harden and EG will both win a ring this year could have a higher chance than what OP had mentioned.

Because it is so true but yet it WILL NEVER HAPPEN!