1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Please Rox, Pick up Darius Miles!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Pizza_Da_Hut, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Lock if already posted or if it belongs in Dish, Please Please Please Rox, pick up Darius Miles. According to Yahoo! Sports, if we were to pick him up and actually play him for a couple games it puts an $18 million bust to Portland's cap. This not only helps us, it hurts the Blazers. Plus, Miles is a welcomed addition over a Joey Dorsey. Even if Miles only gets garbage minutes it could be a savey addition, plus, it seems like it's right along Moreyball.

2. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Sign Darius Miles to a 10 day contract

No I dont think he can play anymore. But if we get him on a 10 day and play him two games he counts as 18 million on Portland's salary cap. It would greatly limit their ability to sign free agents, especially with the big contracts they have to pay Roy and Aldridge soon.

Is it a dick move. Absolutely. But they dicked us just the same with the way they got Roy when we had him lined up, and then they bought Fernandez right before we could get him. And at the end of the day it makes a rival in the West weaker and there is nothing wrong with that.

Hell even sign him and not play him to see if it gives us leverage in a potential trade with them. Not that the NBA would allow it, just never admit it.

3. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Webster AND Outlaw for Battier and Head? Let's start the blackmailing...

4. rocketsmetalspd

Memphis Grizzlies
    On December 13, 2008, Miles signed with the Memphis Grizzlies.[10] However, he sat out his first ten games of the regular season for violating the league's substance abuse policy.[11][12][13] On January 7, 2009, after only collecting 2 rebounds and 2 blocks in 9 minutes over two games, Miles was waived by the Grizzlies.[14]

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Battle cry: REMEMBER THE ROY !!!!

Do it Morey, and then call them up and say, "Hey, we will sit him all year but we need Outlaw, or Bayless, or one of your young pieces"

If they balk, play him one game, and call back and say " are you sure?"

If the balk again play him and laugh all the way to the bank.

DD

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Doink.

#6 ClutchCityReturns, Jan 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Haha I beat your thread by one minute but whatever. Adding Miles (as long as it's under the LT) makes for a great addition and really helps us out. Portland would absolutely hate us, Clyde, SF3 and now Miles. Damn...

8. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL... that line made me bust up :)

We owe Pritchard a hard slap (or two).

9. mms

mms Member

Screw them, lol.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

if not for one of their young pieces then sign him and tell them that they trade their first round pick next year for a conditional second round in the future (the one from the grizzlies) to keep him on the bench

11. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

HAHA I WOULD LOOOVE THAT!

However whats up with Brandon Roy? I didn't know the rockets had anything to do with him. Why is he so often compared to our Gay situation? ( :D )

12. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Definitely a **** block. Like we did to the Spurs with Batum.

13. Roxxx4life

Roxxx4life Member

The fun time begins... hahahaha.. Sign him for 10 day contract... :D

14. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

Yeah lets sign the scrub at least he can block shots hell

15. solid

solid Contributing Member

This is cold, but I like it! :cool:

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

that would be great to do....EXCEPT, all Rockets games lately either come down to the last minutes or the Rockets struggling to come back...so when would you play him.

You'd basically have to just put him in in the last 10 seconds or so of quarters if possible, something I'm sure Rick would be happy to have to do!

if you really think you could get something out of Pritchard, it'd be worth it, though.

17. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Put him in when there is a foul to give late in the quarter. Then you could even say we played him to prevent one of our rotation guys from picking up an extra foul.

Who cares anyway though cuz obviously everyone would know what was going on. Like the story says though, I think most teams would be happy about it considering how Portland seems to dominate draft night by throwing money around.

18. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

I'm for it. He was great in The Perfect Score and Van Wilder .

19. AXG

AXG Member

He's a good shot blocker and can run the floor. I don't see any harm in giving him a 10-day and see how he plays with the team.

20. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Why the hell would you want Darius Miles?

Quote from an announcer during a Portland game a long time ago.....

"Darius Miles is one of the laziest players i have ever seen in my life."

He doesn't even run back on defense, what the heck?!?!