1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please No More Injury Prone Players !!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Dec 1, 2011.

1. httx713

httx713 Member

From what I've hear Nene ill-ario is morey's first target if not Tyson Chandler. These two guys though good not great players cannot stay healthy. This trend has to stop and it's just better to stick with what they have and discretely tank in hopes of a high pick next year. We all know that at some point Kevin Martin is gonna miss games due to injury, Scola is getting old and might get hurt, Lowery plays very hard maybe a bit too hard so he'll probably turn an ankle at some point. I'm sure Andris Biedrins is also on Morey's short list, problem is thatBiedrins cannot stay healthy either.

2. Relentless

Relentless Member

Hey guys, httx713 has something to say.

1 person likes this.
  3. Prince

Prince Member

Even lazy tmac gets injured.....

Even Anderson Silva who rarely gets hit gets injured....

4. httx713

httx713 Member

I've decided to become a more positive rockets fan. Well I don't agree with Kevin McHale hire and I think it's a Boston thing between him and Morey but we'll have to suffer with him as head coach until they decide to bring JVG back. But not more injury prone players ie. Barkley,Pippen,Francis,Yao,T-mac,Martin. That's a tough list of players to overcome.

5. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

Scola is getting old? Scola is an Ironman, the fact that he ages like everybody else shouldn't be held against him. He might be the least injured player in the league.

6. httx713

httx713 Member

you mean Floyd Mayweather. I don't recall Silva postponing a fight due to injury.

7. httx713

httx713 Member

Exactly he's the toughest and more durable player but age will soon start to catch up with him therefore injuries will become more of a sure thing. I'd say trade him while he has value and is healthy.

8. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Why? He barely jumps and is used to running. I don't see him getting a significant injury. Scola doesn't rely on his athleticism for production.

9. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

I'm all for trading Scola if the trade will make us better, but I'm not looking to dump him just because some day he may get injured and he is one of our older players. He is still in his prime, and not a player who relies on athleticism.

Trade him if we can improve the team, but you have to realistic in what you might get back vs what he can provide the Rockets over the next four years. Like much of the Rocket's roster, he is above average, but below all star, and certainly below superstar level.

So who are the teams that would be interested in him given his age? Contenders mainly, who won't have much in the way of high draft picks or highly coveted young players to give up in most cases. The teams with the highest draft picks are likely to be the least interested in Scola or Martin for that matter.

Best case would probably be if you are willing to trade him now for a draft pick that might be high several years down the road to an aging team who still thinks they can go for it all now like San Antonio or Boston, who on paper look to start sliding in the next few years.

But you are talking about losing a solid starter for several years for a prospect that may or may not help you a few years down the line in that case. This is especially risky for GMs and coaches because they might not have a job with the team by the time the fruits of that deal are realized and it would almost certainly make the team worse in the short term.

10. jc9495

jc9495 Member

Greg Oden or bust...

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

ok...so I guess Chris Paul is out of the picture. Let's not go for him.

12. Prince

Prince Member

HUH?!?

13. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Off topic but....Anderson fought in August 2011. He won't be able to fight until June 2012 due to injury.

14. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

You're a funny guy. You should do stand up. :grin:

15. Raven

Raven Member

I'm very wary of signing Nene, but Morey seems to be in love with the guy. My hope was to let D-Mo get a trial by fire, and see what he's got, not to spend big money on a guy who will probably become the poster boy for bad contracts in a couple of years.

16. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Agree 100%. Ive never been really too high on NeNe and Chandler either. They cant avoid injuries.