1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PLEASE KEEP LAMB!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

exactly the Warriors wouldnt even offer up Klay Thompson, and instead threw in Steph Curry

Jeremy Lamb has potential to be better than Klay Thompson.

Lamb is underrated here, and guys like Royce White are OVERRATED

2. AB423

AB423 Member

So you want to rent a franchise center for 1 yr while basically giving up your whole team?

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

herp derp

please read up on the factors involved in dwight leaving/staying

4. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

I'd rather go after Bynum in the offseason, keep our players, and let Bynum be our star player, and get out of Kobe's shadow in L.A.

Bynum actually wants to be here.. he isnt BSing

at the end of the year do a sign and trade with the Lakers or just sign him out right

5. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

who cares.

1a or 1b.

get it done.

jeremy lamb can suck an egg.

give me my hall of fame center ffs.

6. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The Warriors don't have cap space and talent?

The Warriors had been eying Howard for a long time now, they could have easily cleared the space to go all in for this too. They also have Curry, Thompson, and Barnes. One of their FO guys said a while ago that they gave up on the Dwight stuff long ago because they are not going to risk their players for a possible rental and thus made the move for Bogut instead.

Lakers have Bynum and if they were willing to take the risk many believe the deal would have been done by now.

Seems like the truth is not many teams are after a Dwight Howard rental.

The Rockets weren't in this position to take back all of their players until they decided to get rid of several players, other teams could have made similar deals but thought it wasn't worth it. I don't think they were after Dwight for 2 years, I think it's more like they were desperate for a established star player.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

WOW so what if we lose Parsons and Lamb, and Dwight leaves then WHAT

We have nobody, and for those thinking Dwight wont walk away from 30 million dollars.. you guys dont know how stubborn the new age NBA Player is, they feel like they got their asses kicked in the lockout, and wont take ish from no one.

I'd rather stand pat, and add Bynum next year, either by signing him and pairing him next to D-Mo, or a sign and trade( we can offer up Morris, White and some picks. a LOT less).. its a much safer option, also Bynum is not commited to the Lakers after hearing for years, how they wanted to trade him even when Kobe made the famous' ship his arse out quote"

8. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Not as much cap space, and not talent worth shipping out.

They have a few pieces they want to hold onto, and I don't blame them.

We, however, do not.

9. Third eye

Third eye Member

If Dwight had been the number one pick in thus drafts which he'd have bee -he was beyond
    Davis in high school
    -every team in the L would have traded anything for him
    -think of it that way...even if he bolts at least we aren't waiting three years
    like clev. did with LBJ and now Kylie bolting after 5, and maybe 3 yrs respectively
    -we will be ok, and we will have cap space
    -Dwight won't leave, and none of these players will ever be Dwight's caliber

10. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

Then tank time. Same thing we were going to end up doing this year. BFD.

11. liveguy

liveguy Member

Thiz!

12. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

What makes you think signing Bynum is a given if we don't have his Bird Rights?

13. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Jeremy Lamb and Chandler Parsons are not worth giving up. Im sorry, these guys can be all nba-defenders for years to come. I know nothing is a given, but both of these guys are HARD workers. I think we should sign Bynum out right next year, im not sure how many teams will be under the cap, but we are most likely the best landing spot for Bynum.

Bynum hs admired Yao Ming for years, and i think he likes Houston

Bynum used to mention how playing againist Yao, made him want to work harder to get to his level

I would rather play our young guys this year, if we dont make the playoffs( we get a lottery pick), we also have the cap space to add Bynum next year, so we would be sitting real nice and set up for years to come

14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Tank with what picks...

they will all be in Orlando

Bynum is the safer option

15. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They could have used their amnesty and made a cap clearing move just like the Rockets though. Instead they are being patient and willing to build their team the conventional way.

We don't now have pieces that we should hang onto? Lamb and Donuts are guys you hang onto IMO. You give them up if Howard is a sure thing but he's not.

I'm not buying into the 30 million being that big of a deal for him because if that was true then Orlando would be keeping him, especially after they did everything to accommodate him and find out he's still trying to force his way out.

I'm just worried that Dwight is the more riskier option here. Just as you can say the 30 million will keep him here, I can easily respond by saying Dwight by the all-star game will have bought his circus here to Houston. If you read what Orlando fans have to say about Dwight, it's not very positive...two-faced...liar...this doesn't sound very promising for me.

16. Mr.Rocket85

Mr.Rocket85 Member

I didn't even need to read anybodys takes. I just like the headline!

17. getbloodyred

getbloodyred Member

i completely agree with the OP. this is a guy who could make it big in the NBA along with D-Mo. this summer league game was really fun and entertaining. of course there were miscues and mistakes, but considering moajority of these players have never played in an NBA environment, I am very excited. Lamb, D-Mo, and T-Jo played great today.

btw i just came up with the rookie frontcourt nickname. the MoJo (d-mo and t-jones) I TAKE CREDIT FOR IT IF IT BECOMES A REAL THING.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's the whole point of getting the guy. The risk shouldn't be dismissed, but in today's NBA, for whatever reason, franchise centers are rare.

19. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

If we give up prospects we're not giving up cap space, so we'll use that instead.

20. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's what some are doing though.

A lot of folks are saying "Do whatever it takes!" I just don't agree with that.

Also the Lakers don't either. Which speaks volumes to me because not even they are all that confident of changing his mind. I'll say that again, not even the Lakers are confident that they could keep Dwight in a Laker uniform.