1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PLEASE KEEP LAMB!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by woodtee, Jul 13, 2012.

1. psingh34

psingh34 Member

if i could trade all the vets I think we would be better off keeping lamb at 2, parsons at 3, dmo at 4 and hope they show a lot of promise during the season. I would then use the salary space i ve created to try to get 2 stars (ie paul/bynum or paul/josh smith etc) couple that with the fact that we will prob have a top 10 pick if we play all rookies combine that with the likely top 10 pick we get from raptors we could have atleast 3 promising rookies, 2 potential star FA and 2 top 10 picks and I think that would help us a lot more than risking having howard for a year

i am ok with trying to get howard bc even if he leaves we can have cap space what makes me hesitant is that we will be handicapped salary cap wise if he leaves and have no future

2. zzpot

zzpot Member

Yep!! right on the button.

3. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Donte Green couldnt dribble to save his life, if i remmeber correctly. Donte Greene was just chucking 3's that game

Lamb is a better defender, and is a better/willing passer

4. Third eye

Third eye Member

http://www.nba.com/playerfile/jason_richardson/career_stats.html
    Lamb can't do a thing JRich can do... Wait till you see JRich playing
    wing, he's so much more athletic than Parsons as well
    -Jrich plays almost every game -2 a year he misses very little ball
    -he's competitive
    -people will be suprised
    17.2 ppg career avg. he was in the dog house bc ORL was a mess so a decline
    in points

5. rocketfaithful

No Parsons will stay. I don't know if I could stand watching the Rockets if Chandler Bang was gone.

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

Funny how we drafted Gay from Uconn then traded him.
    Now we drafted Lamb from Uconn, will trade him too. Maybe Houston doesn't have luck with Uconn players. Thabeet was from Uconn and he barely played for us.

7. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

Hahah Richardson is washed up man, he is nothing but a spot-up 3 point shooter now, he rarely attacks the basket anymore

BTW im sure you were trolling.. and i took the bait

8. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'll take those odds, and obviously so would Morey.

Who's taking the Jeremy Lamb = HOFer Reggie Miller one?

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DMQbzLrvwlE?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. Third eye

Third eye Member

A change of scenery is what he needs

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think Lamb has All Star potential, and will have a very successful career at Orlando. I would prefer keeping him, but it's probably only going to happen if the Orlando deal falls through, and I hope it doesn't. I predict that we'll wish we could have kept him. If Howard stays in Houston, and gets/stays healthy, it will have been worth it. If he leaves at the end of the season, people will scream bloody murder about losing the young talent the Magic are going to get from this deal, not to mention the picks. It's a risk, but I guess it's a risk we're going to take.

12. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It doesn't matter how you feel. Parsons most likely is a goner. He's a fan favorite down their and Hennigan most likely wants him.

I want him to stay too, but Morey has gone all in, and it looks like he will give anybody short of his wife and kids for Dwight Howard.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lamb + whatever else we are giving up for a possible rental + taking back a bunch of bad contracts.

It's not just about Lamb, it's about trading away a pretty good start at rebuilding over trying to take a huge shortcut and risk.

There is no risk to keeping the guys we have now. Only upside. Plus history has shown that the most successful teams in the NBA are those who have stuck with the guys they picked up in the draft.

People are not crazy for wanting to keep some of these young players.

1 person likes this.
  14. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

If the Magic get Parsons and Lamb, they will have solid future

I hope Hennigan takes Patterson, White, Morris, Martin, and as many draft picks as they want

15. CXbby

CXbby Member

I'm sure the Rockets think Lamb is very good as well, they drafted him afterall. But to get value you have to give up value, especially if you are trying to get back HOF value. It is not a certainty that Howard stays in Houston, or that he even stays healthy, but that is still a bet that you have to take 10 times out of 10. If it doesn't work out, it is going to really suck, but still would have been the right move. You lose 100% on the bets you do not take.

16. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Jeremy Lambs are replaceable.

Franchise centers are not.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The funny thing is, for people saying.

"You'd be crazy not to do this deal!" well there are a lot of teams in this very same position and none of them are offering the Magic their most promising prospects for a possible rental. Explain that.

Teams like the Warriors willingly jump out of the Dwight sweepstakes and they have a lot of promising young players if not more.

I don't agree it's something you do every time without question. If the guy would commit sure, if not then no. Not even the Lakers are willing to take the risk and the Rockets seem like the only team crazy (like a fox?) to do this.

18. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

no there aren't.

we've been preparing for this move for 2 years.

we are damn near alone in our situation to offer cap space and talent.

the other teams who are in the game, about 6-8 or so, have made inquiries, but aren't nearly in the position we are.

19. ObamaFan

ObamaFan Member

No they arent

All-Star SG's, how many do we have in the league

BTW Bynum is better than Dwight. Bynum shoots better from the line, and has better post skills. I dont see much difference between the 2 other than Dwight gets more touches

We should stand pat and try and try to sign Bynum next year or do a sign and trade, and give up less.. more likley draft picks, and some of our unwanted young players

20. DonnyMost

Supporting Member

a s**t-ton more than there are all-nba 7 footers, that's for damn sure.