1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please Help! Question About the Quitten Trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Manny Ramirez, Nov 27, 2002.

1. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

I have been trying to think for the last couple of days who we got from Portland for Quitten.

I know we got 6 guys and we released 3 immediately. We kept one for like a week and then cut him, and of course, we kept two.

The two we kept - Cato, Walt Williams
    One that was kept for a week then cut (ironically he re-signed with Portland) - Stacey Augmon
    3 that were cut immediately - Brian Shaw, Ed Gray, and ?????

So, I need to know who "?????" is.:p

This reminds me...whatever happened to Ed Gray? Shaw, of course, got picked up by the Lakers, but Gray seemed to fall off the map.

2. tariq

tariq Member

I think it was Rasheed Wallace:):D

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Carlos Rogers?

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yea, it was Los...

I liked Carlos...dont know why..I just did.

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

I remembering feeling bad for Los. One of his little brothers died while he was a member of our team and it turns out he has lost multiple siblings if I'm not mistaken.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Rogers was not cut immediately, though. He was a Rocket for 2 years. Shame on you for forgetting the Energizer Bunny (as Clutch called him in the first few recaps until everyone got depressed when Barkley went down).

7. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

I liked Los ... that guy sortof had a cloud over his head, though, didn't he... worst luck I ever saw for a player

#7 Sherlock, Nov 27, 2002
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2002
  8. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

I believe it was Carlos' sister not his brother (as a result of Kidney failure if I can remember correctly). Los was energizer burny indeed but he was a victim of numbers - I don't think he is in the league anymore. :confused:

9. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Hes listed at ESPN as a member of the Pacers...Carlos Rogers profile

10. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

Ah, yes! He is the one!

I got it mixed up then. We cut 3 guys but only two were immediate cuts.

I still remember the game against Cleveland in which Carlos had the huge fro and went off and helped us to a victory. Chris Gatling (who was playing with Cleveland at the time) said something to the effect of "We can't expect to win if we can't stop guys like Carlos Rogers!":D