1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please do not crucify Morey, yet.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jul 4, 2012.

1. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

How do you know Gasol wouldve pulled an Odom? That was really a rare case. Do remember that Odom's trade was not the ONLY cause of his extreme suckage. He was also going through a rough year because he lost close family members AND got traded to the team that swept them the year before. Gasol might not have preferred being traded from LA to HOU but he wouldve been a professional. Two legit 7-footers and borderline allstars wouldve shot us up in the standings and right to contention and that was taken away from us by Stern and yet you thank him? lol

Anyway, what would you have rather done in our predicament last year? Get a solid center without destroying our core? DONE. Morey did that with Dalembert and look where it got us. Tank? Morey acknowledged that this is the route to go but too bad because his boss prefers another method of rebuilding. Morey isnt working for us - he's working for Les.

You cant blame Morey for misfortunes he had no control over. Blame him for signing Ariza, drafting Dorsey or trading our pick for Twill but dont blame him for doing everything he can - be it to get a top 5 pick or build a dynasty around Gasol and Nene.

2. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I love it! I'm not to that point yet but I feel ya!:grin:

3. onreego

onreego Member

Good post OP.

Its funny the other day I found myself wondering about the decline in logical and quality posters in the GARM. But then as I listened to the radio, a "fan" called in and asked the host "why don't the rockets just trade Martin and Scola for Dwight" as the host laughed, the caller asked "you don't think Orlando would do that trade?"

This is when I realized this is what's making up the majority of the fans posting on here these days. This isn't to say that Morey is flawless but more to say that there are unrealistic expectations sometimes.

Having said that, Morey is definitely on the clock now more than ever. He needs to choose a definite direction for the team. No more moves that only keep us treading water i.e. signing Dalembert last season.

1 person likes this.
  4. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

There are too many players on this team that dislikes Kevin McHale too. He needs to be fired and Morey needs to go for luring Alexander to bring this dude in. This team just fell apart.

5. Dreamshake1

Dreamshake1 Member

You seem like a logical thinker. So ill pose this scenario to you. If the Rockets go into the season with pretty much the same roster without a significant change, will you be satisfied with the job Morey's done after 5 years? Given Morey's twitter statements & his stated expectations can you really say this offseason was a success? Do you think the dismissing of Adelman and handpicking of Mchale was a success?

6. shaggylambda

shaggylambda Member

Quality over quantity my friend. Quality over quantity.

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey's biggest problem is the no contract extension policy. Let the market dictate your offer is killing him.

8. onreego

onreego Member

Are you saying you're not a logical thinker?:p

Not sure how far you read. As the bottom of my original post states, Morey needs to decide a definite direction for the team. If the team starts off the season with this team, then obviously it will be disappointing. As I said Morey is not flawless but you have to agree that the influx of negative posts about morey lately have been some people expecting the moon. Not only that, the offseason just started and people are jumping off the ship i.e. threads of first time posters jumping on okc's bandwagon. And as my original posts suggest, either sink the ship or add a big effing cannon, which honestly is unlikely, but don't patch the holes to keep it afloat.

I was an Adelman supporter, so, was definitely not excited about him leaving. But honestly, what would have been the value of keeping adelman with this current roster? Would adelman be satisfied with a team not likely to contend during the super friends era and left on his own accord? As far as McHale is concerned, I'm not sold on him yet but I'm also not ready to say he's unfit as a coach.

How would you like the offseason to unfold if Dwight doesn't land here?

9. Grandpappy

Grandpappy Member

I dont get all the Morey hate on this board. He has been dealt a bad hand and he is trying to do the best that he can. People think that its his fault the Rockets are stuck in this rut. As far as tanking goes its Les Alexander's decision to play this rebuilding while being competitive game. It would be real easy if all the other teams would just take whatever he was offering them. Unfortunately all other GMs want the best for their team as well. The fact is that the Rockets just dont have much to offer in terms of trade. Morey has shown that he can find good NBA level talent with late first round picks and even second round picks. He has not had a chance to draft high yet. I am sure given couple of years drafting in the top 5 he could get the Rockets some star caliber players. This mediocrity train is Les Alexanders decision not Daryl Morey's . IMO Morey has done a decent job given the situation. Is he the best GM in the league ? No, but too many people have been blaming him for all of the Rockets problems. In the end all he can do is put together decent trade packages (the Rockets dont really have much) and hope somebody bites.

10. David Stern

David Stern Member

Panda23,

All good points except you lost me on Lin. How much do interns get paid by the rockets? I was an intern for the Astros in 2007 and it was non paid:eek:

11. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

Let's wait till camp ... lots of moves will be made ... we still have lowry/martin/scola and i'm pretty sure none will be here and that we'll have young talent at every position

12. darksoul35

darksoul35 Member

i thought we had a good draft.i just hopes he keeps them.i think we had the second best draft.all three r goona be dope in the future.

13. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

I say we stockpile two notched timbers, a posthole digger and some nails at the hill near downtown in Memorial Park. If Morey hasn't rebuilt the team with balance and two decent centers by the start of the season, then let's crucify. I'll bring the appropriate Jesus Christ Superstar! soundtrack.

14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

I've been a big Morey supporter, but he's losing me.... We seem to be constantly compiling pieces for the big trade that never happens - as opposed to building a team!Granted, it's early in the process, but after watching the 09ers clog the roster last season and our draft this year.... i'm disappointed.

If we had taken Fab Melo at 18, I would be alot better with our situation... I don't think Asik is gonna be the man and while i love the cut rate price on Camby that has been floating around - he is not a longterm solution... Stands to reason that we needed to get a young center to develop or at minimum one we could use in a trade (with additional pieces) to get an established one...instead we're gonna tie Omer Asik around our neck for the next 4 years... :(

I think CLee is a good enough player to start on quite a few teams. He should be battling Lamb for the starting job... but we still have KMart clogging the payroll...

We have what? 17 undersized pfs now?

Meanwhile we are playing pg roulette...

15. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I read your Post wrong. Now delete my comments.

16. kmav23

kmav23 Rookie

ive got a hammer

17. Toothless_Texan

this thread reminds me of the "the stock will go up honey i know it" just be patient

18. Jontro

Jontro Member

Panda23 and new members need to go through the proving in the Unsorted Forum before we can call them brothers.

19. hooroo

hooroo Member

Daryl Morey superstar, riding down on a Yamaha?

20. mazinger

mazinger Member

Morey can not make any moves until Dragic has signed, with rockets or elsewhere. Once that has been settled, the flood gates will open.