1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please bring back DMo next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Put some RESPECK on his name!

Rocket River

2. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

D-Mo will always be a finesse player, but he showed some toughness in this game. That is what he needs to continue with in order to be a success in the NBA. His back injury really set him back, just when it looked like he was managing to make a breakthrough against Anthony Davis.

3. amaru

amaru Member

D-mo is damaged goods

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Kevin Durant (after broken foot)-

28 ppg, .634 ts%, 8.2 rebs, 5.0 assists, +18 NetRtg

DMo (after back surgery)

6.2 ppg, .504 ts%, 2.9 rebs, 1.1 assists, -12 NetRtg

5. varughese.arun

If DMO doesn't get a contract. Extra year, that will be the biggest failure of Morey. He somehow was lucky enough to keep him, now all you have to do is hold onto him.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Well it actually depends, maybe Detroit still likes him and offers him 12M a year then I say bye Dmo. We really need to prioritize getting KD, Horford or any other real max free agent (and not overpaid free agent like Parsons) over a guy with back problems like DmO.

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

One missed nearly 2 years - and is healthy and will take up to 30% of the cap, the other is just coming back - and is finding his rhythm and will not be nearly as expensive.

BTW - Durant is not an Alpha dog either - a wonderful scorer and player, but we need a GREAT coach or leader to move this team forward.

DD

8. DaDakota

WHAT? Less of a risk? Did we forget Yao Ming? Durant is going to take up a lot of cap room.

I am not saying we don't try, but to not acknowledge the man is playing on borrowed time with those feet is silly.

And WHO THE **** is poking fun - I am talking business.

DD

9. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

comparing kd talent to almost anyone not gonna be fair plus 2 different injuries

10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Kevin McHale: Dwight Howard 'not what he used to be' as a scorer
    By Jonathan Feigen Published 4:31 pm, Friday, April 22, 2016

Former Rockets coach Kevin McHale (right) said Dwight Howard's injuries have kept him from being the scoring force he was earlier in his career. Photo: Houston Chronicle
    Photo: Houston Chronicle
    IMAGE 17 OF 89Houston Rockets forward Trevor Ariza (1) attempts to get around a pick by Golden State Warriors center Festus Ezeli (31) to chase after Golden State Warriors guard Klay Thompson (11) during the first half in game three of a first-round NBA Playoffs series at Toyota Center Thursday, April 21, 2016 in Houston.IMAGE 1 OF 89 Former Rockets coach Kevin McHale (right) said Dwight Howard's injuries have kept him from being the scoring force he was earlier in his career.
    Former Rockets coach Kevin McHale was clear Friday about why Dwight Howard is not the scorer he once was. Howard this season took the fewest shots (8.5) and scored the fewest points (13.7 per game) since he was a 19-year-old rookie in 2004-05.
    "Throw it down to him occasionally, but if you throw it down to him on a steady diet the poor guy just can't get down low and move any more," McHale said in an interview on Sirius XM NBA Radio. "I think that back bothered him, his hips are tight from that and he just wasn't the same player.
    "He's worked hard on it. The kid does work hard on his physical conditioning and trying to get healthy and stuff. But he is not what he used to be down there in the low post. And I think the knee surgery, too."

11. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

If DMO can give the Rox another 13 points or more and double digit rebounds and be a pain in the ass again on the court then that's all that matters in my opinion

12. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

13. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Wow pretty stupid of Dwight to say something like that so soon. I understand he has no trust in the league evaluating and penalizing Bogut for the arm pull, but it's too soon to say something that will have a negative impact for the Rox next game.

14. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

He's averaging 4.7 fouls a game before, and I doubt that was ever going to change for this series.

15. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It's a travesty that JVG never got to coach Dwight and Dmo.

16. Aydge

Aydge Member

Anybody know what DMos qualifying offer is going to be? Did he end up meeting that starter's criteria for the higher QO?

17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yup, you are right, my mistake. I had "25" in my mind, but that was the 25.9M starting salary I was thinking of. :p

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I think those are legit options. Though with Miami, (assuming they keep Wade) they won't have enough for Whiteside AND Durant. Can only offer 1. And we don't know Bosh's status moving forward.

19. Play07

Play07 Member

This is a 5 star thread

Just goes to show how overrated this guy is again around here

READ MY SIG

20. DaDakota

He is underrated the guy is a role player - a nice complimentary piece.

The big problems with this team are WAY above his pay grade.

DD