1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Please bring back DMo next season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

My boy DD says he's a SUPER ROLE PLAYER. He is in a league of his own. hahahah

He had an aight game but man Green went to work on him in the 3rd.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Yep. You could live with Green taking those 3s though. If he made them like he did they deserved to win. I think Beasley got taken a lot worse.

3. Mr. Motiejunas

I honestly see Dmo going to Miami, Milwaukee or Phoenix in the offseason but would really like to keep him here.

4. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Saying that Green went to work on him is like saying Smith went to work on you went he get a game where he hit a few 3s

Since the all star green is shooting a bad 33% from 3, previous 3 games he was 1-7 from 3.

You can live with him taking 3s, but letting Thomson shoot 7-11 from 3 was just bad.

5. Mr. Motiejunas

htownballer is a big tjones fan but glad he gave DMo his due last game. He in my good graces because of that.

6. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He scored 11 straight points on him. That was a critical stretch, but he wasn't the only one that got lit up. Klay started going off too like you just stated.

7. Rhay1

Rhay1 Member

I like DMo and think he can be more than an asset if he could stay healthy for awhile. His spinning hook shots in the paint are a thing of beauty. My main concern is I've never seen a dude who trips and falls as much as DMo. Are his feet too small for him?

There was a series there where he fell at both sides of the floor, one of them greased the floor for Curry. It would have been comical if Curry hadn't gotten hurt. Sorry, I do have a heart...

If someone could put that together with the Benny Hill sound track at least we could have some laughs after a game like today.

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I am a big fan of the Rockets first. I pull for all of them to be successful. I was hoping both Dmo and Jones would solidify that 4 position this season, unfortunately it didn't work out as planned. Shoots the entire team didn't pan out this season. Now it's back to the drawing board.

9. Mr. Motiejunas

Agree!

10. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

We need to get more athletic and he is what he is. There's several soft bigs that can shoot, we should move on.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The one caveat is that against the Warriors typically even one guy going off against another is hard to judge because there is so much motion in their offense. Defense are constantly switching, rotating trying to pick up, etc. against the Rockets this becomes worse because the Rockets couldn't guard you one on one anyway.

DMo had a lot of good one on one defense this game and series. He's a guy that legitimately tries to move his feet, play positional defense, rotate, etc. he had trouble with Green taking those threes but so does everyone.

Their overall team defense is just so bad. They have no clue when to switch when to rotate, who to pick up, etc. and thats on top of overall lack of hustle.

If you took each player and put them on the Spurs individually I have no doubt DMo would be a plus defender... Not elite but more than competent.

His offense will never be high teens per game. He'll likely never get double digit boards per game. But I think he has high bball IQ and can be coached to be better and is worth keeping around if healthy at the right price.

12. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I couldn't agree more. It all starts from the top all the way to the bottom. Morey and Co. got very cocky after our run to the WCF last season. **** trickled down to our Superstar not putting in the work to prove he was the undisputed MVP. We can go on and on but this isn't the right thread.

Next season over 50% of our roster will be gone including the JBB.

Yeah that's great work by our office personnel.

Like you are eluding to here, we suppose to be dominating the post with Howard, Dmo and Beasely. But no, we want to shoot 40 three's a game. Dynamic philosophy. LOL

13. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

choose between him or Beasley..then move on..enough with PF who rebounds less

14. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Fiction He scored 11 straight points on him

Reality Green score 8 straight point while Dmo score 6 straight on him.

Dmo in 3rd quarter 6 point with the chance of 9 with 3 miss FT while Green 11pt

THAT CRITICAL STRETCH Dmo was outscore by 5 while Houston was outscored by 9.

11:18 Draymond Green makes 25-foot three point jumper (Andrew Bogut assists) 59 - 56

10:57 Donatas Motiejunas makes free throw 1 of 2 59 - 57
    10:57 Donatas Motiejunas misses free throw 2 of 2 59 - 57

9:56 Donatas Motiejunas makes 7-foot two point shot (James Harden assists) 64 - 59

9:27 Donatas Motiejunas misses free throw 1 of 2 64 - 59
    9:27 Donatas Motiejunas misses free throw 2 of 2 64 - 59

9:10 Draymond Green misses 18-foot jumper 64 - 59

8:40 Donatas Motiejunas makes 25-foot three point jumper (Jason Terry assists) 66 - 62

8:11 Draymond Green makes 26-foot three point jumper (Klay Thompson assists) 69 - 62

7:26 Draymond Green makes 25-foot three point jumper (Shaun Livingston assists) 72 - 65

7:07 Draymond Green makes dunk (Klay Thompson assists) 74 - 65

7:07 Michael Beasley enters the game for Donatas Motiejunas 74 - 65

Dmo leave game with in striking distance 65-74 down by 9 quarter next 7 minutes we are down 21 points game over

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Oh wow seriously dude. The commentators were bagging about how Green scored 11 straight points in the first 5 damn minutes of the 3rd. Yes Dmo scored a few buckets of his own.

Striking distance, come on Greens play ignited the damn run man, that's why coach pulled him. Unfortunately none of the Rockets came out to play after the half. Careless turnovers, bad shots selections, missed free throws, and horrendous defense against the best damn team in the NBA.

Credit to the Warriors for taking their hearts and spirit and crushing it like a champion should.

1 person likes this.
  16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would keep Dmo, Beasley, Ariza, Bev, Capela, McDaniels and obviously Harden. I would part with any of them if you could get something big in return (except Harden), but that is unlikely. Keeping those guys shouldn't be too expensive.

Dwight will be gone I imagine, as will Terry. If you can get rid of Brewer - that is obviously desirable. Josh Smith is filler - keep him or lose him doesn't make much difference. TJones - dump him obviously.

Then go after some guys who can score / create for others. Ideally at the SF and PG position, and the best big you can get your hands on.

If you can succeed, along with a new coach - this team has a chance. I am not worried about defense, I think that is a coaching issue.

I think what is lacking is on the offensive end. Our defense gets broken from a lack of discipline, a lack of passion, and also big here - the high number of turnovers and piss poor offensive stretches we go through. That breaks and demoralizes a defense. Fix the offensive efficiency and cut the TO's and that will do a lot to make our D more effective.

But then actually put into place good discipline. I mean when you have Ariza, Bev, Brewer, Dwight...how on earth can your defense suck as badly as ours???

Has to be horrible coaching.

17. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Small arms......small hands.....small feet.....what other appendages of DMo might be super small???

18. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

But... but... reality doesn't match my agenda oh ignited oh...

Wow Dmo got outscore by 5 point. oh so great. Oh
    The commentators were bagging about how Green scored 11 straight points even if I just prove you and the commentators wrong.

Oh but I hate Dmo, how can I blame this lost on him even if Dmo score 6 of the only 9 points from Houston on that strech.

Oh but I hate Dmo, how can I blame this lost on him even if the game got out of hand when Dmo went to the bench (If he was the problem shouldn't have gotten better)

Oh but I hate Dmo, how can I blame this lost on him when he let a bad 3 point shooter take 3 pointers and once they try to stop green then Thompson and rest when bananas instead of living with the result of a bad shooter taking 3 pointers.

Sorry, bias usually affect judgement, don't let you hate get the best of you or you will get corrected again and again.

1 person likes this.
  19. houtown

houtown Member

I think people underestimate Donatas Motiejūnas defense ability, and I think his offense is under utilized, but that is due to I do not know what at the moment.

Beasley, although he has great offensive input off the bench, should be substituting for Brewer or Ariza, and Donatas Motiejūnas when tired, but the team needs stability more than any thing.

I mean, everything is a mess with this team compared to the possible organized way the Warriors run their team.

20. Zergling

Zergling Member

Dumbest post of the thread so far. Good job, good effort!