1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Too bad The Order wasn't a launch release. Probably would have been received a lot better.

Kind of like Ryse for the Xbox One. Looked great but wasn't much substance to it.

2. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Meh on both, imo. Although, as I said...I actually was looking forward to The Order. (Ryse looked like **** from the jump to me)

3. Progs

Progs Member

I'm just waiting for Uncharted 4 and Final Fantasy 15

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Is The Division ever coming out?

5. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

when are they going to have a mario game on this system?

:confused:

6. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

I looked today actually so I could switch my preorder cash for The Order over to it. Still listed as TBA 2015.

7. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

When everyone stops buying nintendo consoles.

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If they don't have a release date by E3 I would expect it to be pushed to 2016.

I wonder what's going on with that game too. I hope it doesn't end up as a huge disappointment

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Same thing that happens with every new Ubisoft game now. They release pre-rendered trailers, or trailers of footage that the systems are in no way capable of producing years before the game is anywhere near playable. Then they release vidocs like crazy hyping the game using words like "revolutionary", then they gradually reduce the details levels to something actually attainable. Delay the game a year or so, then set the review embargo date to the release date for good measure.

Did I get that down or what?
    (For the record, when the Divison was announced it was the game I was most excited for, in a way it still is...but I've already seen huge drops in detail from their original footage. Fooled me once on Watch_Dogs...never again.)

10. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I took a huge break from playing games. Really haven't played anything since xbox/ps2. So the graphics are all HUGE improvements for me.

11. ubigred

ubigred Contributing Member

Why are PSN messages so slooow? I get them hours later.

12. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This may be old news to others but I'll definitely be interested in this:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FetGKVJxLek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

When you preorder SFV, you can get in the beta. Don't know when that's actually coming out. Was looking at it on Amazon and saw that J-Star Victory VS+ is coming out in August! Don't know how the game is, but was always interested in a different style of fighting game vs SF/MK. I hope best buy gets it so I can get 20% off, if not I'll just order it from amazon.

Pretty good year for fighting fans.

14. Swishh

Swishh Member

Anyone buy Type 0 HD and doesn't want their Final Fantasy XV code (PS4) ? I know it's a long shot, but thought I'd take my chances. Feel free to leave me a rep if you happen to.

15. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Bloodborne is rocking the review scores so far. The review embargo was lifted 102 minutes ago, and so far it's got a 93 on Metacritic based on 28 reviews. If it maintains that score, it will beat all but three games on current-gen consoles: Grand Theft Auto V (PS4, XONE), The Last of Us Remastered (PS4), and Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) (and notice how two out of three of these are remastered last-gen games...).

Not that I really doubted it would be well-received by critics, or that I would enjoy the hell out of it.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

is bloodborne a single player only game?

17. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

With such a low score, my enjoyment of the game will be effected. Preorder canceled. Anything less than a 100 is not worthy of my attention.

18. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

Eh, yes and no. At its core it is a single-player adventure, but both cooperative and competitive multiplayer are there. You'll have to play the game for a while before those become options, though.

19. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Woot this game is gonna be epic.

20. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

You guys want a Bloodborne thread? Seems like a good candidate for one.

And on a related note, anyone want a Pillars of Eternity thread? :)

I picked a good time to start playing video games again...