1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. AtheistPreacher

AtheistPreacher Contributing Member

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/czS6MZI2ib8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Wow. Just... wow. This is why MGS is awesome.

2. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Guys!

Guys.

Guys.

The PT teaser thing that Sony talked about...um...wow.

It's actually a playable teaser for the next Silent Hill game.

Which is being worked on by Hideo Kojima and Guilleromo Del Toro.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/fH0thrqa2Ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=873305

I should have known something was up when I saw someone mention that the dev studio didn't exist!

3. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

4. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I think the PT demo was one of the coolest ways I've seen to reveal a game.

I hate that it seems Sony is saving some big reveals for next years E3, but I at least know Sony's 2015 E3 will be insane with jaw dropping games. Can't wait

5. chow_yun_fat

chow_yun_fat Contributing Member

Next year is going to be amazing. There aren't many games I'm hyped up for, but MGS5 and Bloodborne are instant buys for me.

When next gen came out less than a year ago, I read on forums and friends have told me they didn't think the graphics looked any different. Now that some truly next gen games are finally coming soom, can anyone make that same retort?

6. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

Posted some of this in the other thread, but I'll put PS4 stuff here too:
    Witcher 3
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/tuPEam_Jt4I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Short clips of Bloodborne
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/X-9yYFUj7oA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Gbz18RvVsdQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gameplay of Until Dawn
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Er5yx8rGe_4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    It is Heavy Rain-esque, though doesn't look as polished. Thinking this will either be pretty good or pretty horrible. Probably horrible given how much it's been reworked, but we'll see.

7. bigben69

bigben69 Member

I just posted this in the Gamescom thread but I was looking through the PSN Store last night and came across the PT Demo. I didn't realize that they released it to play. Scary stuff. If you liked Outlast, this might be scarier.....Also, I might be the only one that did not realize that this was released to everyone. ha

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

9. AtheistPreacher

Eh, I'm a console gamer through-and-through, but even to me it seems obvious that PC is the best place to play Diablo. The inventory/interface in the console versions is incredibly awkward compared to what can be done with a mouse and keyboard.

10. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Most of the reviews still say the best version is the new console version. I'd much rather play Diablo chilling out in a comfy chair than leaning over my desk. They also state that controlling your character with the left stick / dodging with the right is much more enjoyable than clicking a billion times. No couch co-op on PC either.

11. AtheistPreacher

Yeah, but have you seen what actually managing all your loot is like? :eek: Couch co-op is a moot point for me, too, since I really have no friends near me who would want to play it. So the trade-off for me is simply sitting on a couch vs. having an interface that doesn't make me want to tear my hair out. I'll take the latter.

People who want to play local co-op should go for the console version, but otherwise I'd still recommend playing it on PC. And hey, this way I can play the game AND be watching TV. :grin:

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I'm getting it but I really haven't seen it talked about to much in the media so that's why I haven't talked about it myself.

It'll be my first Diablo game so I'm pretty excited, and will be the bridge until Destiny comes out next month

13. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

If you like action RPGs you're in for a lot of fun. I'm really excited for remote play; the thought of playing Diablo on my vita while I'm in bed sounds too good to pass up.

14. AtheistPreacher

Yeah, if you haven't played Diablo before at all, you're in for a treat. There's almost nothing I like better than a Diablo-style loot crawl game (I also love Borderlands, which is basically Diablo as an FPS).

One thing I'd advise keeping in mind is to continually adjust the difficulty as needed (you can change it as often as you like), for a couple reasons. One is that Normal (the lowest setting) is pathetically easy. Hard is the lowest level I'd want to play on as a new player, otherwise I'd be bored to tears. But the other thing is that playing on a higher difficulty makes you gain experience faster, so there's incentive there. You'll probably want to start on Hard and then try out Expert when you get some decent gear.

15. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Oh nice. Thanks for the tip

Would rep but I've been dragging my feet on contributing to the tip jar, haha

16. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

So I come back to the ever-helpful clutchfans community. With the amount of quality games set to come out fairly soon, I thought I should list the ones that intrigue me the most, and then try to find the cheapest way to obtain them all. I try very hard not to pay full price for a game (even if I have to settle for a $10 or $15 gift card or something). That being said, here are the games that I will want to purchase between now and the end of the year:

The Last of Us Remastered - already out (PS4)
    Diablo III - 8/19 (PS4)
    Destiny - 9/9 (Xbox One)
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - 9/30 (system undecided)
    Lords of the Fallen - 10/28 (PS4)
    Sunset Overdrive - 10/28 (Xbox One)
    CoD: Advanced Warfare - 11/3 (Xobx One)
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection - 11/11 (Xbox One)
    Dragon Age: Inquisition - 11/18 (system undecided)

First world problems, I know. But that is a lot of games and a limited time to play them. Realistically, you could probably give me just Destiny, and I will be good for the rest of the year. And I apologize if I have broken major rules by discussing Xbox One stuff in the PS4 thread (I enjoy both, please do not turn this into console wars, there is already a thread for that). Personally, I like to get FPS at launch, so I can enjoy the online play the most. For sure, Destiny and Halo are release date purchases. If I decide to even get CoD, I will probably get that on release date as well, and I will probably get Sunset Overdrive Day One as well.

That leaves me with Diablo III, Shadow of Mordor, Lords of the Fallen, and Dragon Age which I can get any time. I know that Target and Toys R Us typically does a buy 2, get 1 free deal, so I am thinking that I could use that to get the first 3. That would help cut down costs nicely. I really want to play Diablo, but I haven't found any good deals on it just yet. If I can finding something worthwhile, I can use that to get to Destiny. I have never played a Diablo game, and was considering getting my first gaming PC rig set up just for it when it first came out, but I decided it was too much.

These are all very tough decisions. Any ideas, thoughts, or advice on the best approach here? Also, are there any good games coming out in 2014 that I should keep on my radar? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

18. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Someone tell me what I should think about this.

19. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

It means my post will be largely ignored, haha!

20. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Look at me! I'm posting pics of a game that isn't released! Yes, that clearly means the Xbox version will look better in 3 months when the game comes out. Flame bait ftw.

You should think the poster is an idiot. (Spoiler: He is)