1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

PlayStation 4 Thread

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Swishh, Jun 15, 2013.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If I had a PS4, I'd be playing The Show. Xbox needs to do whatever they can to get a good baseball game. I enjoyed the baseball 2k series but that's gone. It's the top PS4 exclusive I would want.

2. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

^ This guy knows what's up.

I'd also add Nier Automata to this list

And I plan to get The Show myself once it has a little price drop

Also to FlyerFanatic, enjoy Horizon Zero Dawn man. One of the best games I've ever played since I started playing em as a kid. I even got the platinum trophy on that thing and I rarely take time to do those

3. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

This is actually the first year I've bought The Show (because I hate baseball). But since the wife is Dominican, and ergo baseball is the only sport any of her family care about, I thought I'd finally give it the old college try to see if I can gain some appreciation for the sport. Gotta say, it's a fairly fun game, even though I'm still not interested in going to baseball games or watching them on TV. I just had to figure out that I'm not interested in the Road to the Show mode, since batting only or pitching only gets dull pretty fast. Prefer the Franchise mode so I can do both.

Jayzers_100 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  4. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

so i keep getting these e-mails from "sony" about changing my password...i havent requested to change my password...i did a google search and it seems others have had a problem with spoofing/phishing scams.

any reason i would be getting change my password e-mails if i haven't specifically asked for it?

e-mails look legit...have gotten just about 1 every day since signing up. about a week ago. again google searched and the e-mail looks pretty much like the others people said were scam.

5. Drexlerfan22

Never gotten an e-mail from Sony asking me to change my password. I imagine it's pretty safe to assume scam. You could always go to the site directly yourself and change your password from there. If the e-mails keep coming then you can be extra-sure they're phishing attacks.

6. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

haha well looks like maybe it was legit...i went to sign in from the site and it said as a security measure it wanted me to create a new password sent me an e-mail and was same one i had been getting.

might be something they do for first timers signing up. idk

7. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Just a heads up that they have Humble Bundle for PS4 for a bunch of THQ games for 15. It's over today so hurry.

For $1 or more, you get:
    The Book of Unwritten Tales 2 (PS4)
    Red Faction (PS4)
    Super Dungeon Bros. (PS4)
    Deponia (PS4)
    ArcaniA: The Complete Tale (PS4)

If you “beat the average” price for the bundle, you’ll get all the above plus:
    Legend of Kay Anniversary (select either PS3 or PS4)

Battle Worlds Kronos (PS4)
    Destroy All Humans! (PS4)
    Destroy All Humans! 2 (PS4)

Pay $15 or more to get everything above plus:

MX vs. ATV Supercross (PS3)
    Darksiders (PS3)
    Darksiders II (PS3)
    MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore (PS4)
    Darksiders Warmastered (PS4)
    Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition(PS4)

https://www.humblebundle.com/thq-no...&utm_campaign=THQ_Nordic_PlayStation_Announce

8. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Make sure you have your sign on set to do two step authentication. You should be good with that.

9. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

i want to buy a ps4 just to play the show

BigM and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

overwatch an easy game to pick up and play? i generally suck at FPS. also i know its a little more team oriented...it hard to play with randoms?

11. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

there a PS4 gamer tag thread anywhere? i need to add clutchfan members for online play. help a brother out!

12. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

FYI the Show will be on sale for $40 at Best Buy and Target next week as well as some other pretty good games as well.

13. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

Did anyone pick up Tekken 7? Whenever they fix the online I'm down to do some lobbies or tournaments.

Tekken 7 is tons of fun btw if you are a fan of Tekken or fighting games in general

14. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

post up your PSN names. i need to add some clutchfans.

15. Poloshirtbandit

I don't really play online outside of GTA 5 every now and then, but PoloBandit.

16. Drexlerfan22

I suppose I'll post my PSN again:
    Drex2234

...though full disclosure, I used to have a lot of Clutchfans on friends list, but purged it a few years ago because I think I only ever ended up playing with a couple guys... Fifa with one guy, and Bad Company 2 with PoloBandit. Most of my Playstation time tends to be single-player or with real-life friends. But whatevs... if you're on for one of the rare occasions I pop in Overwatch, Flyer, would be happy to have you on my team (I main Junkrat, FWIW... I know, awful character, but he tickles me).

Polo, man... when they gonna come out with another Bad Company? I think Bad Company 2 was the most fun I've ever had with a competitive FPS. The newer Battlefields just haven't captured the magic of that game for me. Dem maps... Valparaiso, Isla Inocentes, Port Valdez, Laguna Presa... and frankly, the Vietnam expansion may have been even better. Those were good, good times. You definitely got some good hours in with my real-life friends and me.

Poloshirtbandit likes this.
  17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Didn't a gold one come out today?

18. FlyerFanatic

Supporting Member

great i'll add you guys

19. Poloshirtbandit

lol yeah I miss Bad Company 2. Battlefield 4 is alright, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as I did BC 2.

None of my real life friends are on PS4 and I'm not all that great at sports games (I've tried and tried and tried to get into the NBA 2K games... I just can't), so I mostly stick to single player.

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Do any of you guys have farpoint?

None of my friends have VR and I want to try the co op.