1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs on TV-Am I the only one...

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by silent j, May 4, 2003.

Tags:
  1. silent j

silent j Member

..who thinks one playoff game per week on broadcast TV is unacceptable?
    How did ABC win the contract? I'm sure it wasn't by stating that 80% of the games would be avaiblable to only 20% of the people who wanted to watch.
    I sure miss the NBC triple headers.
    j

2. rocketfan83

rocketfan83 Member

Its BS espically when you ordered league pass and you still cant get the NBA TV games :mad:

But as long as its only Eastern Conference games which is what Ive noticed so far its okay I guess

3. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

No, you're not the only one. I can only imagine that ESPN/ABC offered them so much money that they didn't mind screwing over the fans. Whats really sad is that TNT gets all of the Western Conference finals, or as it's better known, the series that will determine who the NBA champions are.

I'm actually gald that the Lakers finished off the Wolves before today so I could at least see one game without the Lakers in it.

4. x_trepidation_x

ABC is pretty cheap. Where are the games?

I have League Pass also. :D Its pretty cool to get any game you want all season long.

5. Gutter Snipe

Gutter Snipe Contributing Member

It's bullcrappy. I love watching the playoffs, and I've seen maybe a glimpse here and there.

How can you attract casual fans if you get fewer games on the non-cable networks than hockey, golf, and freaking figure skating?

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

well i preferred the old nbc way of things with more games on nbc (especially conference finals) but i have tnt/tbs so i've seen every game i would care to watch (and i've cared to watch pretty much everyone). at least for league pass people in austin, they gave us back nba tv for the playoffs so we didn't get gipped out of any games. i've watched so much basketball the last 2 weeks it's ridiculous.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I've had NBALP for 3 seasons now and this past season you COULDN'T watch all the games. It wasn't cool at all.

It was a royal shaft to many of us who were lied to for the greater glory of the NBA's pocketbook. That's what this TV deal was all about with few playoff games broadcast, unless you have cable, because the NBA doesn't give a **** about the fans... it only cares about the almighty $$$'s.

There are owners who are not just in it for the money... perhaps the majority of them, for all I know. If that happens to be true, I wish they would fire Stern and his cronies. They are ruining the game. Stern has outlived his usefulness, imo. I'm ready to see him gone. Yesterday.

I live in Austin, francis-4-prez, and this is a bone thrown at us in hopes that we'll forget our mistreatment and re-up for LP again next season. That NBA-TV stuff was BS, and I'm not going to forget it. You shouldn't either.

I keep telling myself I won't pay for it next season. It's a ***** when you're a true, long-time fan being jerked around like this, when you shelled out your hard-earned money for something they reneged on.

The NBA knows people like us will fork over our bucks regardless. We're hardcore fans, after all. So they take us for granted. This is one guy who's had about enough.

I miss NBC as well. They did a great job.

8. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

so do i. for some reason, nbc was just the nba's home and still seems like it. watching a game on abc just doesn't feel right, doesn't have the same atmosphere. do they even do those cool little intros that nbc used to do that would get you so hyped for the game? also, i miss the theme music.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I miss the music and intros too. Sometimes I have their theme music buzzing around in my head when I'm getting ready to watch a game, lol. :)

10. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

I wish the NBA had playoff games every day. Not sure what they are aiming for with multiple games on alternate days.