1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoffs: Great Game in San Antonio

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by MacBeth, Apr 19, 2003.

1. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Amare Stoudemire just banked in a deep 3 to tie the game with seconds left...Going to overtime...

2. AGBee

AGBee Member

Hehe, Yao better hope that those ROY votes are already in the box. This game is probably doing wonders for Amare's rep.

3. lancet

lancet Contributing Member

I am impressed by Amare. Almost everytime he got ball in the post, he has taken it to the hoop. Couple of spetacular dunks over Robinson/Duncan too. Most of the season, he had one move of going to the right for a hook shot. But today he showed a couple of baseline moves and powered over Spurs Twin Towers. Won't be surprised to see Suns upset Spurs. Spurs would deserve that for letting Suns get into the playoffs...

4. olliez

olliez Contributing Member

Robinson just missed 2 crucial free throws. :eek:

5. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

I agree...fair or not, this will cement the opinion in a lot of people's minds that Amare should win/have won. Too bad Yao can't be playing to respond in kind...

Oh well, Yao will have the better career.

6. olliez

I am not holding my breath. In fact, Suns don't get pass Spurs for the last 7 or 8 years??

Spurs own Suns.:D

7. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

1 pt game with 6.6 left...Parker at the line...Parker hits 1st, misses 2nd, Duncan fouled on follow up of 2nd ft miss...this is crazy stuff...Stay tuned...

8. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

9. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

Duncan missed 2nd...Marbury hits a deep runner as clock expires to win...officials are reviewing...This is an awesome game!

10. Asian Sensation

Marbury that Sun of a B@*^% Holy wow crap!!

11. UTrocket

UTrocket Member

12. AGBee

AGBee Member

And right about now, the Spurs are wishing that they were facing the Houston Rockets instead.

13. huby_n1

huby_n1 Member

I told you all that the Suns will win, hahaha!!!!!

GO SUNS!!!!

14. Asian Sensation

Won't be surprised to see Suns upset Spurs. Spurs would deserve that for letting Suns get into the playoffs...

Agree with Lancet 100%

15. olliez

Eggs land on my face :p

16. lancet

ROY voting ended 4/17. Otherwise Amare sure will get more votes because this game.

17. lancet

In playoff 7-game series, the team who won the first game won the series 80% of the time. Lakers fans are going wild now.

18. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

A graphic I saw displayed during one of the playoff games today....

"Since 1984, the team winning Game 1 has won a 7 game series 79% of the time." :eek:

If you saw this game, you noticed that the Suns have absolutely no fear of the Spurs.

19. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I know many here are not big fans of Marbury, and I haven't been either (because in my view in the past he hasn't been a winner), but it's time to put denial aside and realize he has been awesome this season.

He has been hitting big shots all year, including a clinching shot against the Rockets early on.

Props to Stephon, he deserves it.

But the Spurs choked this game. They pulled a Sacramento Game 7. But I expect them to beat Phoenix still.

In the end, I am not giving the Spurs a chance against the Lakers anyway, but how the heck are they going to beat L.A if they can't make FT's down the stretch.

Oh wait, I rememeber now, teams with Kevin Willis on them never reach the promised land.

20. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Not only is that true, it seemed like the Suns would have won it outright anyway until that ridiculous three (was it Malbury?).