1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Matchup: Spurs (1) vs. Memphis (8)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by k-money, Apr 14, 2011.

Tags:
?

You know what to do.

1. Spurs in 4

8 vote(s)
    4.4%
  2. Spurs in 5

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Spurs in 6

34 vote(s)
    18.6%
  4. Spurs in 7

30 vote(s)
    16.4%
  5. Memphis in 4

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  6. Memphis in 5

10 vote(s)
    5.5%
  7. Memphis in6

53 vote(s)
    29.0%
  8. Memphis in 7

23 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

EEEEVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    [​IMG]
    VEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR

1 person likes this.
  2. gah

gah Member

And to think of the rumors of Randolph being shopped around the deadline, what a steal it would have been for any team looking to contend.

3. PeppermintCandy

Call it sacrilege, but I just never felt the need to hate on any other team just because I'm a Rockets fan. Good b-ball is good b-ball, whether it's being played by Dallas, SA, Utah or whomever.

And I've always appreciated the Duncan-era San Antonio teams. They just never quit.

4. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Now we can contact Mike Budenholzer

5. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Do your feelings really need to always make sense? I know it shouldn't, but that's how it is. Maybe it's the nature of the defeat, that SA finally takes the lead and then Lebron goes nuts. Maybe it's the fact that while we were optimistic after losing to the Lakers ( hey, Yao will come back soon, and we'll get something for McGrady's corpse, and we'll be right back where we were:( ), there's nothing like for San Antonion, and we all know it's the end of an era. But either way, that's how it is. I don't need to justify my feelings to you, after all.

And sorry for not hating on some team just because they're in the same state as we are ( not even rival cities like Dallas is) and not for a reason having anything to do with well, basketball.

6. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

fixed.

7. Mr. Space City

congrats houston rockets for being the only team in texas to not lose to an 8th seed in the first round.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

[​IMG]

lol someone at spurstalk had this as their sig probably thinking they would be flipping over more cards

9. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

To be fair, to lose to an 8th seed, it means you need to be a one seed, and I don't think the Rockets have finished at 1 in their conference.

10. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

Wow, congrats to the Memphis Grizzlies. I just got home from a house party and all of us guys were ignoring the girls and watching the game and going crazy when Z-Bo was beasting. I'm so happy for this team and especially for their fans, because for so many years the team was ridiculed because they were terrible. But to have this happen on their home court was special. I want to send a special shout out to OJ Mayo, who Memphis wanted to trade but missed the deadline to make the move. He's exhibited a great deal of professionalism and played well this series. In general, however, I'm happy for the entire team, everybody, no negativity tonight.

11. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Avery Johnson might be the happiest person tonight...he's no longer alone....

12. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Sorry, doesn't excuse your singling out Battier when he wasn't the only one at fault. Look forward to you criticizing Battier in the 2nd round for "single-handedly" causing a defeat or two.

13. Kwame

It's all about being positive tonight, my man.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The ex-girlfriend is a huge Spurs fan, so i'm probably liking this more than i should be :grin:

Dyess deserved more fouls tonight, but the pushing doesn't seem to be bothering ZR's ability to get off a good look, so he's not getting more calls. It'll be interesting to see if that plays a role later when (if???)they get bumped out.

15. Kwame

Congrats to you too as well then.

16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

"You don't wanna see it cuz your idol f'd up big time. You'll have to go to your Battier shrine and start crying as all your boyhood fantasies will be shattered."

"But, but, but he's so cerebral...he's so smart....what he lacks in athleticism, he makes with intelligence and always being in the right place at the right time...blah, blah, blah. What excuse will the mindless drones come up with now that all that bs has been disproven."

"Go to your Battier shrine and beg for forgiveness? A sincere question: Who's your daddy? Battier?"

So, what now, you're congratulating Battier? Pathetic. You know, it's possible to state your case without insulting individuals and being a d**k. But, as they say, once a d**k, always a d**k.

17. Kwame

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fwIJphevjJ0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. what

what Member

From the beale street music festival

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cieicaN7ovE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  19. dback816

dback816 Member

I'm surprised a bunch of oldtimers haven't shown up to discredit them for beating an old and injured #1 seed as opposed to how it was done in the 90's

20. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

That's only the opinion of Van Gundy and Jackson who seem to live inside of Battier's jock. While completely ignoring that Battier was a major contributor in helping the Spurs win Game 5. All he had to do was throw the ball to Mayo in the backcourt. Game over. Teflon Shane.