1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Matchup Round 2: Lakers (2) vs Mavericks (3)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by underrated015, Apr 29, 2011.

?

Which team in how many games

Poll closed May 29, 2011.
  1. Lakers in 4

16 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Lakers in 5

32 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

58 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

39 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. Mavs in 4

90 vote(s)
    40.4%
  6. Mavs in 5

25 vote(s)
    11.2%
  7. Mavs in 6

49 vote(s)
    22.0%
  8. Mavs in 7

26 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

If they are so upset play better. I do not get why the better team should play worse, because their opponent is playing terrible. If they hate losing with 30 points or more so much play better.

I did not see you answering the question what the Mavs players should have done. Should they have just waited 24 seconds, and let the shot clock expire and then give the ball to the lakers? I mean that would be even more humiliating for the Lakers, they are being beat so bad that the mavs simply do not need to try to score. If they did that there would be an outrage.

So please v3.0 explain exactly what you wanted the mavs to do when there was still 10 minutes to play in the game. They could go for a lay-up. but they could also not shoot open 3's. What should they do?

But you are not going to tell us because it is clear you have no good argument.

W22_STEAK asking for reputation is pathetic. If you have a god post people will rep you. And who cares how much reputation you get. Just try and have good posts so you can improve the quality of this board, not for getting more reputation.

2. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Well, we don't know Bynum's thought process. He could have done the same even if:

-Barea just dribbled away the 24 secs
    -Barea just flipped a pass
    -Barea just look at him.
    -any other move

Barea's thought process is regular at that time (9 mins or so). Bynum's thought process is criminal at that time. Anyone who question the thought process of Barea is in effect defending the thought process of Bynum's no matter the disclaimer.

Sir, your thought process is morally in question.:eek::eek:

3. roksoer

roksoer Member

bynum should be banned from the league

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It's the same hard elbow that collapsed a lung last year. The same elbow delivered in the same fashion to the exposed rib of a player in the air. It's criminal because it could've sent him to the hospital.

Instead of blaming Barea for driving it in 5 seconds later than you would have preferred, how about blaming Kobe for not lighting a fire under the 4 other guys on the court? Or blame PJ for not taking out players who have clearly checked out of the game in the previous quarter? Or blame the league for not delivering a fine the size of California the first two times this has happened? You have people on a Rockets forum coming to the defense of JJ Barea of all people, does that not set off any alarms about how backwards you're thinking?

5. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

Just saw the highlights. My goodness what a bunch of punks and sore losers the Lakers are.

6. Steve_Francis_rules

I picked the Lakers in 6. I can't remember the last time I was this happy about being wrong.

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so Barea anyone who drives into the lane up 30 deserves to possibly go to the hospital..

and possibly sending someone to the hospital helps the laker's situation?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#1347 vlaurelio, May 9, 2011
    Last edited: May 9, 2011
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It's all the refs' fault. They should have called a TKO at the end of the 3rd quarter to prevent a fatal injury to the Lakers ego. ;)

9. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

thoroughly enjoyed the second half yesterday (missed the 1st). Also, happy the lakers embarrassed themselves and their coach on national TV with their sore loser and classless play.

The odom thing wasnt horrible, but stupid. The Bynum thing was just ridiculous. You can foul hard without obviously throwing an elbow into someones ribs. Anyone who defends that play is a POS, in my book...just like Bynum.

10. Jimes

Jimes Member

Can't believe anyone's defending Bynum.

11. TheChosenOne

TheChosenOne Contributing Member

an exclusive picture of V3.0 was found after getting destroyed by The Cat

[​IMG]

12. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

Yup

for someone that doesnt think they are defending Bynum, v3 sure seems to be wasting TONS of time and posts defending him. :rolleyes:

No excuse, none.

14. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

f'n Fakers...now I get to hear all this title crap from Mav fans...

On a side note, the Odom/Dirk cheap shot reminded me of the Fisher/Scola hit...not as hard, but the same BS....what more can you say that hasn't been said already about how douchey Bynum's elbow/takedown of JJ...

and the defense of this hit is ridiculous.../thread

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

LOL! So true.

Repped. First time I've given rep just for a picture.