1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Matchup Round 2: Lakers (2) vs Mavericks (3)

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by underrated015, Apr 29, 2011.

?

Which team in how many games

Poll closed May 29, 2011.
  1. Lakers in 4

16 vote(s)
    7.2%
  2. Lakers in 5

32 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. Lakers in 6

58 vote(s)
    26.0%
  4. Lakers in 7

39 vote(s)
    17.5%
  5. Mavs in 4

90 vote(s)
    40.4%
  6. Mavs in 5

25 vote(s)
    11.2%
  7. Mavs in 6

49 vote(s)
    22.0%
  8. Mavs in 7

26 vote(s)
    11.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Lakers in 5 or 6. Mavs MUST split the first two games in LA to have a chance and even if they do, it probably just delays the inevitable.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

OP, you messed up the poll by allowing multiple choice answers.

3. Shrimz

Shrimz Member

I want the mavs to win. but I think the lakers will take it in 6. doesn't matter who wins though because OKC will take the WCF.

4. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

unfortunately, the mavs will fold and lose to the lakers. That's my gut feeling but i'm still hoping the mavs can beat them.

my hate for lakers is greater than my hate for the mavs

5. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I hate both teams, but if i had a choice, I'd rather the Fakers win...

6. dback816

dback816 Member

Really? That's pretty...weird

7. SunsRocketsfan

if they had butler I might pick the mavs in 7 but I think its going to be lakers in six

8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No way man. You must not live in Texas?

Could you imagine if the Mavs won the championship? Dallas people would NEVER shut up about it, I hope they don't get the opportunity. I hope the Lakers crush any championship aspirations.

9. houseofglass21

How many games will it be before Mark Cuban files a complaint with the NBA about the reffing? I say 2

10. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

I say 0, he'll come out complaining from the very start. Gotta give his soft girls a little chance.

11. clippy

clippy Member

As he should, since that's what PJ will do. Not only that, the Lakers follow their mighty coach and cry on literally every play that doesn't go their way. It's disgusting and a mockery of the game, but it appears to win championships.

LOL @calling the Mavs soft when the Lakers just went through a series in which their best player was repeatedly punked by Carl Landry, who is about five inches shorter than Pau.

12. cuddie

cuddie Member

A simple rebuke would be "only one?" But even if they get past the Lakers, I doubt they'd win the championship. Getting through OKC/Memphis and Boston/Miami/Chicago seems unlikely.

Now another Lakers threepeat? Their "fans" would REALLY never shut up about it, and they're annoying enough as it is. I want that franchise to burn, since its recent success really stemmed from trading an unproven second round pick and Kwame Brown for Pau Gasol. Garbage.

13. PeppermintCandy

The Lakers are looking mortal, and the Mavs are playing with more confidence. This should be a great series.

14. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

15. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

LOL @ you thinking Pau is the best player on the Lakers

16. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

Lakers in 7. LA can close out the Mavs in 5 but I'm not feeling their killer instinct so it drags on unnecessarily.

17. npz

npz Member

I liked the chap when he had that cup of coffee w/ LA, but man is he still overrated just because he's got street cred. You think that TWO brick masons in Dallas' starting 5 is going to be what they need to take this the distance?

18. npz

npz Member

He's a troll about as obvious as a pile of feces on your computer table. The smell is noxious.

19. npz

npz Member

Phil sits on his cushion in catatonic fashion. The crying on every play that he does must happen off camera. Either that or you're lying again.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Phil works the refs through the media, before and after games.

He'll usually start by saying something like "I sure hope the refs don't let [insert opposing player] get away with [illegal move that player may or may not actually use] like they usually do, that will make it really tough on us." Sure enough, that player usually ends up being singled out for something that other players are still allowed to get away with.