1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Lou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lawlruschang, Apr 9, 2017.

1. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Beside grossly overpaying for sht playoff Anderson, MOREY STRIKES AGAIN!!!

Lawlruschang likes this.
  2. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Don't forget about when he's standing flat footed with a defender right in front of him. He fades back and drains those with ease too.

BigMaloe likes this.
  3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I think he is one of those guys that hits a moving target better than a stationary one.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Guess he just likes making things difficult for himself.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

If Gordon was consistent and healthy he'd be Lou Williams

J/K

I can't believe the Rockets got him for nothing

He is playing better than Jamal Crawford
    Sixth men like him are valuable on every team

amaru likes this.
  6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Just curious what others think. Take away Lou and insert Corey Brewer for this series...what is our record? I say 1-3 with game 1 being the only win. We lose game 2 without Lou keeping us in it, we lose game 3 because he kept us in that game as well until Harden got going, and we lose game 4.

Hakeemtheking and Lawlruschang like this.
  7. hongxingli

hongxingli Contributing Member

Agree, Lou and Brewer are day and night, Brewer can get us a few steals, but Lou makes the defender clueless. Lou is not a good defender, but he is pretty quick on his feet.

rgw20014life and Lawlruschang like this.
  8. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Lou has stepped up and contributed big time in all of our wins.

Hakeemtheking, Zboy and Lawlruschang like this.
  9. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Lou has been immense.

I think we would be down 1-3 if not for him.

But I still cringe at his shots.

the shark likes this.
  10. theh

theh Member

More like Day and black hole

11. oelman44

oelman44 Member

It's crazy that with his erratic shot selection he is still a pretty efficient scorer. He's one of my favorite players to watch because his role is to just go out there and get buckets and he does so in crazy ways. One of the league's great six mans

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lou is probably thinking this is his best chance to do anything in the playoffs.

13. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Why is Bev bringing the ball up or even handling the rock on offense when we have Gordon and Willams in the game...MDA has to do a better job of gettin bev off the ball and into a corner when Harden isnt in the game, and he is sharing the court with our Alpha offensive players off the bench.

14. SLRokJok

SLRokJok Member

I like that Lou can score from anywhere on the court, whatever the defense gives him. He doesn't have to be set up 95% thru the play like a child, like Capela rolling for an alley, or Ryan waiting for the perfect pass 30ft away from the goal to pop, or ariza camping at the line for a 3pt opportunity

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BigMaloe and DreamShook like this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Lou Williams has been in form the last three games after starting the Playoffs ice cold

17. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

My friend said it well: Lou Williams' shot is what happens when you hold the shoot button down too long on NBA 2K and the player releases the ball on his way down. Strangely enough though he seems to do better this way than if he has an open catch-and-shoot. Other things that make Williams better: fading to his left or right side, a hand in his face, being down by 10 points or more...

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

The exception is (or at least used to be?) the baseline... Although I can barely remember him hitting many set, open baseline 3s lately now that I think about it.

It's only been four games. I'm not ready to give up on playoff Ryno... He had a solid game 3 and has kinda been shooting progressively better from 3. I think he'll get it together. He's way too good of a shooter. It's in his blood.

19. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I have no idea why D'Antoni lets Bev run the offense when Harden sits. I was at the game between OKC and the Rockets at the end of March where we destroyed the Thunder 137-126 and the only time we ever struggled offensively that afternoon was when Bev was handling the ball. He's not a good decision maker. I get that D'Antoni uses Lou as the off guard in that situation, but if we're going with a 3-guard lineup, let Gordon handle the ball. Or give it to Lou and make Gordon the off guard. But stop letting Bev initiate the offense cuz more often than not, bad things happen.

I'm not giving up on Anderson, but I'll say this much. When Dekker returns(presumably in the 2nd round if the Rockets finish off the Thunder), if he's knocking down at least a third of his 3-pointers, Anderson may not see much playing time going forward. Right now the only reason he's still seeing the floor is because we have an 8-man rotation.

bilaal14 likes this.
  20. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He's played so well that James should probably sit at the end of the 1st and 3rd qtrs to get more rest. Especially with his ankle situation.

wouldabeen23 likes this.