1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playoff Lou

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Lawlruschang, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

I will take anybody up on that tip jar bet and be true to my word.

Lou will be big for us against okc.

2. Daddy Long Legs

You are so negative all the time lol. Always assuming the worst to make sure you are never dissapointed.

Coping mechanisms are cool I guess. You set everything up to where you either called it or are pleasantly surprised.

You never set it up to where you can be sad or dissapointed. You play it very safe as a rockets fan. Have you had your heart broken by the rockets one too many times?

D-rock likes this.
  3. split41

split41 Member

Lou is just generally a bit of a streaky guy in general. But I did hear about this stuff about his playoffs past on Lowe's podcast aswell, so looked up the stats and...yeah. Luckily for us we have multiple weapons, and I mean statistically he should regress more to the mean (his playoff performance is below his mean), so from an analytics point of view he's due for an uptick.

That's what I'm going into the playoffs believing until proven otherwise. Lou shooting the lights out!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. Daddy Long Legs

He is gonna show up. Im more worried about other dudes. Lou has been waiting for this moment.

Sports is full of stories of dudes who struggled in the playoffs a couple times and then show out next time. There really isnt much to assume lou will struggle and gordon or anderson wont.

It is stereotypical to define him by 2 or 3 series. The dude can ball and okc is tailor made for him to crap on.

Lou is gonna show out. Heard it here 1st

MystikArkitect and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Look junior don't step up to the $1000 table with a roll of nickels. HP and I have a history.

And keeping it real is what I do.

The slot machines are over there.

DD

6. Daddy Long Legs

Im not making beef or getting personal lol. I just said your obviously always negative. Keeping it real isnt being unreasonably negative.

Ill stay out of the 99ers way. My bad geez haha

7. Tuk88

Tuk88 Contributing Member

He hasn't been shooting the 3 ball well the last month. I'm fearing he just doesn't have the endurance for 60+ games.

This certainly doesn't help:

"He's taken on an extended workload over the past seven games, averaging 29.7 minutes per game compared to his season average of 24.5 minutes per game."

Thank goodness he's getting a break tonight.

8. DaDakota

Good.

And I like Lou, I just think he is redundant and hurts our flow by trying to squeeze in an extra guard when it is a big we need.

DD

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. Daddy Long Legs

You got good points. Sometimes that 3 guard lineup does get manhandled.

We will see how it plays out! I tend to be overly optimistic sometimes.

Go Rockets!

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Harden has too much talent around him.

11. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

I think it's safe to bench him the entire playoffs. I just dont trust the way play.

12. Rocket_Man_2.0

Send him back to the Lakers...he's terrible!!

13. DaDakota

He is good for a game now and then, but for the most part he is meh. They won't call those fouls in the playoffs for him. they MIGHT call some for James but Lou doesn't rate high enough.

DD

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We'll see how Lou does - he just might be Sweet

15. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Yeah he's no Corey Brewer that's for damn sure. o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

I'm really surprised for such a skilled player, he cannot figure out how to impact the game. The first game he was so efficient and then stepped up against OKC, but it seems he's in his head too much, forcing shots and maybe being told to shy away from playing what comes naturally by going for threes, FTs and lay-ups only..

17. j@amc

j@amc Member

For what it's worth, Lou has pretty consistent career numbers against OKC. While I don't love getting killed on the glass, and his defense simply lacks conviction, Lou gives a team like OKC problems. Oladipo and Abrines can't stay in front of him. When Lou is out there in a 3-guard rotation, one of those bigger athletic defenders (Roberson or Westbrook) has to switch over.

That creates different problems for 20-25 minutes a game as to who takes Harden or Beverley/Gordon.

I think we'll see quite a bit of Ariza at the 4 when Anderson is out.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

He will be good for one or two impact performances which is basically what you expect off the bench. big D Lou ain't done yet. He is not going to give up.

19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

garbage. He shouldn't play anymore.

20. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

HA HA HA HA HA....that is all