1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Playing GM and being a Basketball Geek

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by crash5179, Jul 18, 2010.

1. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Again, just for the sake of argument: If a 3rd PG comes in, who goes out?

And the Mavs, dammit, have three 1's - er, 4 1's...

2. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

I don't think Anthony Randolph is a great gauge of league awareness.

3. ROCKET!!!

ROCKET!!! Member

OH MAN!

What a disappointment.......

Another ROOKIE trade scenario thread masked with some simple analytics :rolleyes:

Just kidding....... :grin:

Nice post crash!

I agree with you. I prefer the Granger option. I just don't see us taking on Brand's albatross contract. It would be very un-Morey like.

Keep the faith. Long time no chat.

4. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

It didn't happen in June, it ain't gonna happen in July.

5. PeppermintCandy

^^^
    According to reports, Morey was willing to take Brand's contract in exchange for the #2 pick in the lottery. The deal was in place but the Sixers backed out before the draft, obviously.

I don't think Morey would be willing to take back Brand for Iguodala, however.

6. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No we need D and this is the best defensive team we can create. You will need a fresh Ariza and Shane to win titles. Kelvin Martin will not be able to slow down Wade in the 4th Qtr or Ray Allen or any other shooting guard.

If we trade Shane, we will need a 2 or 3 back that plays very strong D. AI 2 maybe the option because he plays D.

7. dschwab

dschwab Contributing Member

Haha, no.

No matter what you think about how they LeBron failed, they still upgraded their team this year.. even if you count Lee as slightly better than Amare.

8. jason3333

jason3333 Member

dude it took forever to read, how long did it take to write that?

9. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I hope not, isn't this years swap of picks top 5 protected and next years top 1 protected? Or is it vice versa.

10. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

I agree with this, however, the reason for a huge 3rd PG need is that we sucked when Lowry went down, and a Conroy couldn't prevent that. Any D-league guy we get will be not be a net positive, but neutral at best. He won't really be a difference maker, so we'll suffer. So the options are to get a good PG, and then let him rot on the bench, or get a backup SG who can play some PG. I personally don't care for either idea. If we had a tweener already, great, but I don't think we trade a good talent for a lesser talent just because he can cover the PG spot in the off chance we need him too.

And has been stated, there are no open roster spots, and even our non-rotation guys either have potential or an expiring contract worth hanging on to. So in my mind, you do go with the 10 day contract d-leaguer if you need to, cut Andersen when the time comes. If we make a trade that opens up a roster spot before we need another PG, then sure, keeps your eyes open for find. Preemptive is good, but not at any cost.

11. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

This 2011 draft is top 1 protected and the 2012 is top 5 protected.